Weed killer on tree, rat poison put in garden by neighbour

Useful websites

Moderator: gardenlaw

Postby pollywolly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Thank you for your kind words Will, your right, this couldn`t come at a worse time, but I will put the signs up and hopefully embarress him, also it`l make feel as though I'm doing something, so I'll get a little satisfaction out of it :)

Yes, I'm sure he`s just like you say "Thinks he`s above the law."I do have photographic evidence of the air gun pelllet holes and the rat poinson, I also have confirmation from The RHS confirminmg that the tree was killed by weed killer, I sent them photos and details :) I've also got photos of the missing feeders,. Me and my husband have talked about a dummy camera and he`s looking into that, I like the idea of a CCTV sighn, surley that'll make him think twice, if he still persists I think a phoe call to the police will have to happen, but I feel like I'm wasting their time, they have far more important things to deal with these days, also I'm worried about opening up a hornets nest :? But lets hope his wife is unaware of what he`s doing, as you said, he proberly tells people, including his wife, a pack of lies, but if she is unaware maybe she`ll see the signs and have a go at him, either that or she`e just as bad as him :? but in the meantime I'l be rplacing the stolen feeders, I know have 3 feeders up! and each time he steals one I'l replace it with more bird stuff :wink:

Thank you again, your support is very much appreciated.

Pauline X
pollywolly

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:02 pm

It is a good idea to replace the stolen feeders, you need to show him that his childish way of trying to control you won't work. That's all it is you know, small minded people trying to cause bother and dispute out of boredom, usually they can't control their own boring lives so try to control someone else. I don't know why people can't just live and let live? I bet every moron like your neighbour regrets the disputes they start when they realise it never ends and eventually no matter how much they try to hurt someone else, they end up hurting themselves too.

You could understand this mans annoyance if you were attaching bird feeders to his trees and hanging them over into his garden, but why focus on what you do in your own property? It is a spaz gene that thankfully skips most human beings. We have had things stolen too, I think some people are jealous when you enjoy your garden and get pleasure from it, they must want to spoil good feeling in others to make their own warped brains somehow feel better. When they get a taste of their own medicine they moan louder than anyone else, yet they never had empathy for their targets when they were having such fun targeting them.

What worries me is this idiot was a police officer!!! Perhaps they should put potential candidates under extreme mental scrutiny before they become an officer of the law. So many people seem to have these problems with police or ex police neighbours, it makes you think any thug can become a police officer, we will need protection from the law soon if this is anything to go by.

I wish you much luck in nipping this situation in the bud, it isn't worth losing the value in your home and having a life long dispute over, but you do have to stand up to this bully somehow.

Will x
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Pauline. So sorry about your mum. You have enough to cope with without having an idiot next door.

I don't think he has a conscience so I don't know whether the signs would work or not.

I agree it's a good idea to replace the stolen feeders. One of our neighbours had a dog that barked non stop. We got one of those ultrasonic devices that are supposed to stop barking. I actually saw our neighbour lean over into our garden and take it. I was so flabbergasted at her cheek that I didn't do anything, and then it was too late as we had no evidence. We went straight out and bought another one, and put it where she couldn't possibly reach it.

She's keeps throwing litter over, but we just pick it up and put it in the bin. If we complain all we get is 'get a life'. All I can say is she must have a very boring life if she can find nothing better to do.

I hope things get better for you soon. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby pollywolly » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Thank you Will and Appledore, your support is very helpful. The new bird feeders are now up, along with a fat coconut and two boldly written signs :) They`re hanging from my tree and in full veiw of all the neighbours, But as you say, he proberly hasn`t got a conscience, but it makes me feel better because I'm showing him he isn`t upsetting me. I will just ignore him now. I'm glad I wrote on this forum, it stopped me from confronting him and that can only be harmful for me selling my house, so far there is no official record of a neighbour dispute. last summer after yet another letter of complaint from the council on his behalf I managed to get them to list his complaints as "To ignore" so hopefully he`s worn out his council complaining.

This idiot is so self important, he thinks he knows everything and that I'm daft, well just wait until I sell my house and a new family move in with 3 large rotty`s and a parrot avery :D :wink: I will do my best to find him a real bad neighbour :wink:

Many thanks Pauline
pollywolly

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Does he actually complain to the council about your bird feeding? :lol: It would be funny if new owners had an aviary. Even funnier if the aviary wasn't real but had loud speakers making parrot noise and he was shooting at fluffy toys. Now that would be a YouTube moment everyone would love! :wink: He would wonder why his poison isn’t working and might trespass into the garden one dark night to gas them or something and the toys would stare at him and laugh, well the thought makes me laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you are feeling better, I found a funny bird feeder the other day which is a bungee jumper seed man, it would be great if you could mould all sorts of funny looking bird feeders and hang them facing him. You have to laugh at people when they complain about things that almost everyone does and is not harming anyone. :roll: :lol:

Try to sell your house to a bee keeper or a pigeon fancier. :lol: Bees would keep him busy and the pigeon poop, that might keep him busy too. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi Pauline. If you're laughing at your neighbour and ignoring him then you're doing the right thing. Bullies don't like to be ignored.
I could sneak out in the dead of night and steal our neighbour's cockerel for you to borrow. I'm sure your neighbour would enjoy being woken up every morning. You'd need some earplugs though. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby pollywolly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Appledore, send me the cockerel!!!!!!!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will... the image of the toys staring at him and laughing is hillarious :lol: :lol: :lol: and the idea of funny bird feeders all facing his garden has got my imagination going, a few paragliding mooning knomes carrying feeder tubes full of seed hanging from the tree might annoy him :wink:

Thank you
Pauline X
pollywolly

Postby ukmicky » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:11 pm

How does he get in your garden.

How high is the fence and is it yours.
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby SYLVA » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:21 pm

When pollywally refers to herself not wishing to make formal complaints due to the possibility of selling her house in the future, does this mean that the HIPS is in some way holding people to ransom by having to stay living in an unpleasant environment without complaint, or else move?.

I have never seen the actual necessary documentation relating to specific questions regarding neighbour complaints, but it does on face value as in pollywally’s circumstances, seem extreme just because of one inconsiderate neighbour, that she cannot take positive action against this gentleman for fear of not selling the property.
SYLVA

Postby pollywolly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:33 pm

He leans over his wall, the one that the tre is next too, its a small garden.

As far as I know "neighbour disputes" have to be declared to the buyers of your property and the other intersted parties, for example the estate agent, if I sold the house without declaring a dispute and the new people had the same sort of problems as me with the neighbour, I could be sued! for lots of money!! :shock: this is as far as I know.

Take care from
Pauline
pollywolly

Postby kipper » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:57 pm

SYLVA wrote:When pollywally refers to herself not wishing to make formal complaints due to the possibility of selling her house in the future, does this mean that the HIPS is in some way holding people to ransom by having to stay living in an unpleasant environment without complaint, or else move?.

The disclosure was part of the selling process long before HIPS came into being. HIPS just provide the info upfront before a potential buyer has incurred any expenses.

What is much worse is neighbours instigating disputes when they see a property has gone on the market to leverage the seller into giving in to their demands, as seen on another current thread.
kipper

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm

I think if the Conservative party come in to power they will abolish the H.I.P I feel you are held to ransom over neighbour disputes, no matter how far in the past. We tried to sell before the H.I.P form but couldn't for various reasons. The police warned us that you have to declare a dispute anyway so that could have been ‘one’ reason. :roll:

People fear saying anything to ASBO kids in the making and their turn a blind eye half arse parents and the neighbour who stalks you and threatens you, this is giving bullies the power they want. Is it any wonder why people take the law in to their own hands or opt for tit for tat measures that might just teach the bully that you won’t simply roll over and let them have their own way with your lives?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby SYLVA » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:32 pm

As an alternative to a formal complaint, pollywolly could write to the Chief Constable expressing her concern over the state of mind of an immediate neighbour who is a retired police officer.
Pauline then outlines her neighbour’s actions (including air rifle and rat poison) which she believes must be out of character for a person who has served the community for many years. She then asks in her letter if there is a police social worker who could assess her neighbour’s psychiatric state of mind because she herself is becoming increasingly worried that coping with the gentleman’s erratic behaviour is affecting her own health and well being.

Obviously by writing a letter ‘Top Down’ will mean it will drop down the ranks to land on someone’s desk to deal with the situation. What pollywolly must then do when being interviewed by the investigating officer , is to show compassion and feel sorry for her neighbour with a calm rational explanation of events that led up to her writing directly to the Chief Constable.

In effect the letter is intended as an indication of good neighbourly concern. The outcome hopefully will be that the neighbour will tell a reverse story, but will be subsequently advised to leave you alone.
SYLVA

Postby Sudynim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:58 pm

pollywolly wrote:Sorry but it`s me. The neighbour from hell has started again! over the weekend he stole the bird feeder from my tree, he also broke the branch from the tree that had the empty fat block and fat coconut on it (the tree is dead due his weed killer poisoning) there are also sighns that weed killer has bee sprayed on the passion flower that I`ve started to grow up the dead tree.

Get a sturdy 6ft fence installed, and paint the top with non-drying anti-climb paint. Establish a cctv camera so that the length of the fence is covered, and being recorded digitally. Make no secret of this, tell neighbours you're sick of this vandalism by persons unknown, and you now have the means to identify them if they return. Unless he's a complete loon, he'll know that the game's up.
Sudynim

Postby Mojisola » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:54 am

I wouldn't let the neighbour know about the camera or all you will see is a hooded figure with no chance of identifying him. Let him show himself clearly before he learns about the CCTV.
Mojisola

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Websites