Free advice relating to neighbour disputes - Citizens Advice

Useful websites

Moderator: gardenlaw

Free advice relating to neighbour disputes - Citizens Advice

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:12 pm

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/you ... sputes.htm

There have been many mentions of the citizens advice bureau so I am adding the site here.

The Citizens Advice Bureau can be very helpful when dealing with neighbour disputes and indeed other issues. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby amboringbutcultural » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:19 am

What if your neighbour who as well as being an unpleasant bully, works for CAB?
Can't see the wood for the trees.
amboringbutcultural

Postby Mattylad » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Then you go to a CAB in another area.
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:56 pm

amboringbutcultural wrote:What if your neighbour who as well as being an unpleasant bully, works for CAB?

It unfortunatelly can happen that an outright bully will be mediating in a job and be able to be impartial to another's problem but can't see the wood for the trees when it comes to their own disputes and behaviour.

You certainly wouldn't want to be going to a local CAB office and find your NFH there so it would be best to go to another office. Or if another office is too far ask to speak to someone else at that office and explain that you need to speak to someone who is impartial. It has to happen now and again and the people at CAB cannot take sides or it makes a mockery of what they try to achieve.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:18 pm

amboringbutcultural wrote:What if your neighbour who as well as being an unpleasant bully, works for CAB?

I think it would be a good opportunity to tell your NFH exactly what you think of him/her. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby arborlad » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:16 pm

................then it probably shows how little you know about your neighbour.............and doesn't deserve the 'unpleasant bully' tag either!!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby amboringbutcultural » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Our neighbour wanted to move two of our boundaries in order to give him an access to a peice of land he purchased the year before we moved in.

He initially tried to push the boundary further in at the rear then later at the one side.

He used a colleague from his work, CAB, to take minutes when we had a without predjudice meeting, cancelling his very expensive solicitor from attending this meeting the day before. This was to ensure that his solicitor, based a considerable distance from where we live did not see that the situation on the ground was not as it unfortunately erroneously appeared on plan.
His colleague would not have realised his hidden agenda as he only tells people the small amount he wants them to know.

All his knowledge of law and how insurance works was used deceptively and fraudulently obtaining insurance for his own self interest.

He did not succeed though with the catalogue of confusing advice and errors and several years of stress we have endured it is only a small comfort and our barrister said that he had actually behaved criminally.
amboringbutcultural

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:46 pm

I think there are always those people who abuse their position, many police officers do, so why not someone working for their local CAB? If politicians are capable of abusing their positions, your local Mayor could, your chief of police, even your doctor or animal shelter worker etc...

People might do a good job but make a bad job of things at times. So deserving a title of bully or not, no one can deny that a percentage of those doing good are also capable of doing bad, even abusing their position or using it against someone or as a shield to their own bad behaviour.

In general though, hopefully almost all will benefit from the advice they receive from their local CAB office staff when they visit.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby amboringbutcultural » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 am

Sadly that is exactly how it is, WRS.
Local councillors are another example where a bit of power becomes addictive and looking after self interests soon follows on and I don't mean political interests.
With regards to our neighbour who we know extremely well the power that he relishes is that of having clients who by virtue of using that facility are needy in some way.

I would actually describe his personality as psychopathic in his controlling relationships which fall apart when his wife/partner has had enough or he has another affair, devious, manipulative behaviour and yet plausible afffable persona that those who do not know him are fooled by.
amboringbutcultural

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:40 pm

amboringbutcultural wrote: Sadly that is exactly how it is, WRS.
Local councillors are another example where a bit of power becomes addictive and looking after self interests soon follows on and I don't mean political interests.
With regards to our neighbour who we know extremely well the power that he relishes is that of having clients who by virtue of using that facility are needy in some way.

It is terrible isn't it? I know exactly what you mean, there are certain personality types that get into a position of power to feed their ego and do harm. It is such a shame because they can give so many people a bad name and unfortunately their colleagues either have to defend or get rid in quiet. You will find these parasites move around in their job more than a flea on a rat because they leave a trail of destruction every where they go and pass the blame to another quickly.

amboringbutcultural wrote: I would actually describe his personality as psychopathic in his controlling relationships which fall apart when his wife/partner has had enough or he has another affair, devious, manipulative behaviour and yet plausible afffable persona that those who do not know him are fooled by.

The very worst devious neighbours will put themselves in a position they feel gives them power and one they can hide behind, they also use people in the same way. Your neighbour sounds like our neighbour and I know just how devious and malicious they can be.

What is always obvious is these well trained liars are never truly happy. They are jealous of how other people can be happy with what they have because they never are. If they aren’t trying to have more and more, they are trying to spoil things for others. I used to wonder why the nitwit spent so much time trying hanging around me to annoy and intimidate, then of course it dawned on me, he was afraid of me being happy and being able to enjoy my home.

Eventually I began to find it funny and when he would try his hardest to annoy it made me laugh more and more, I was no longer afraid even though he had threatened me, he just seemed like a joke. They don't like being seen if you know what I mean, once you see them for what they are they usually sod off.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Websites