Glass in Bus shelters

Useful websites

Moderator: gardenlaw

Glass in Bus shelters

Postby dogwalker04 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:15 pm

Hi every1..

I started a petition up to try to get glass banned from bus shelters..

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BanGlassIn/

It is on the No 10 Downing Street website..
Here is what I wrote...

"Are you fed up of seeing bus shelters smashed? Do you think it is a waste of public money for these shelters to be fitted with glass? I hate seeing the glass on the floor, which is also a health hazard to children and animals. Vandals seem to target these so it's time to STOP putting glass in shelters. An excuse is its toughened glass and is not easy to break...the people who do smash them have all night to do it and not many people will stop them because they fear for their own safety."

I do hope I can get more people to sign this... the more the merrier lol.

Jill
Of All The Things I've Lost......I miss My Mind The Most!!!
dogwalker04

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby paddy's mum » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:49 pm

But what do you propose to use in the bus shelter instead, if glass is made unacceptable?
paddy's mum

Postby Rowan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:56 pm

Generally bus shelters, etc are NOT provided by the public purse - rather the bus companies using the routes
Rowan

Postby mugwump » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:04 pm

The ones in my village are paid for jointly by the parish & county councils.
mugwump

Postby subjecttocontract » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:42 pm

We don't get any broken bus shelter glass in this nice part of Essex where I live so no need for any petition here......nor in Westminster or Chelsea I suspect.

Most of the villains live in and around Essex and so of course, they don't want that sort of loutish behaviour on their doorstep.
Almost everything I say is tinged with irony !
subjecttocontract

Postby Maverick.uk » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:43 pm

paddy's mum wrote:But what do you propose to use in the bus shelter instead, if glass is made unacceptable?

Open sided or a modern plastic glass replacement would do. Why they cant work it out for themselves beats me!

Cheers

Mav
Maverick.uk

Postby subjecttocontract » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Would it be to cynical to suggest that the repairing contractors are in some way connected to the people who make the policy decisions..... or is that not PC enough for this site ? 8)
Almost everything I say is tinged with irony !
subjecttocontract

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Websites