Recycle your unwanted goods in your area on freegle

Useful websites

Moderator: gardenlaw

Recycle your unwanted goods in your area on freegle

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:27 pm

There have been many mentions of freegle on the board, so I’m adding the link to this section.

For those who have never heard of freegle, it is a way of recycling your unwanted goods within your own community. It is a really fabulous idea, don’t throw things away…freegle them. :)

http://www.ilovefreegle.org/
Last edited by WILL*REMAIN*STRONG on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:29 pm

That's a really good idea Will. The only touble is I haven't got a bike. :wink: :lol:
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:39 pm

appledore wrote:That's a really good idea Will. The only touble is I haven't got a bike. :wink: :lol:

apples you are so naughty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a picture of one instead. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:53 pm

That's a lovely bike Will, but a tandem would be better. Then I could sit at the back and let someone else do the pedalling. :D
appledore

Re: Recycle your unwanted goods in your area on freegle

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:38 pm

BUMP

http://www.ilovefreegle.org/

We got a fab long ladder from a lovely person on freegle recently.

So many people come to Garden Law with neighbour problem and have little funds to secure land etc... freegle users give some fantastic items away, so it is well worth having a look in your area to see if anyone is giving something away which you might need.

We have given loads away on freegle including a CCTV camera which will help one local woman catch thugs who are damaging her property.

I can’t say enough good things about freegle. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Mattylad » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Sorry but I don't understand the bike comment?

Freegle has a patchwork chair as an image.

Unless your thinking of that horrible US based group called Freecycle? (lol).
<spit! SPIT!>

If anyone wants any help or assistance with using Freegle get in touch, I have run Freecycle/Freegle groups since 2005.
:wink:

Up until last xmas when I was stuck for what I wanted so got a 42" TV I had not bought a telly for 5 years, But I had a 32" tv in most rooms and if they didnt fit something smaller. All from the groups.

You name it and it has likely been given away on there, from cars, tv's, computers, laptops etc. The thing its really good for is the sort of thing that you may have in your shed gathering dust - its a great place to find a new home for it. I have lost count of the number of things I have rehomed through the groups.
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby FrTed » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:45 pm

I have to say I have used Freecycle / Freegle for yonks as a means mostly to pass things on, but I have also picked up odd things along the way (tools for my son's special school, a radio for my car and so on).

It certainly helps reduce land fill.
FrTed

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:58 pm

FrTed wrote:It certainly helps reduce land fill.

That is a real plus. I like that every item you have that you no longer want, someone really appreciates getting it. The funniest thing I ever freecycled was a curtain, one single curtain, and a girl took it to make a cushion for her dog. :) Nothing needs to go to waste.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby mark1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:16 am

My middle-class area has it's own freegle/freecycle. It works this way. If it is outside your property and not nailed down someone will take it or they will leave something beside it. Did I say not nailed down. Delete that, they will take the nails as well.
mark1

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:41 am

mark1 wrote:My middle-class area has it's own freegle/freecycle. It works this way. If it is outside your property and not nailed down someone will take it or they will leave something beside it. Did I say not nailed down. Delete that, they will take the nails as well.

:shock:

Dare I ask what they leave beside it?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Websites