Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Postby appledore » Fri May 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi Will. Another lovely, sunny day. :D It's a good year for Viburnums, they're covered with flowers. Everything is growing well. The shrubs in front of the fence are quite big now. They put paid to the theory that you can't grow very much next to a Leylandii hedge. They must have thrived on neglect as we never fed them.

Your bird house is looking good, you've done a good job. :) We're busy weeding, there's weeds everywhere. We're looking for a couple of shrubs to put in pots to hide a bit of the fence where we have gravel. We can't decide what to get. We want something evergreen that's going to bush out. We'll have to go on a hunt. I like your lights on the crab apple. Who says you can't have Christmas all the year round. :lol:

Poor little Rudey. I can just picture him with his ears down and sulking. He might have learned his lesson and not go near a Magpie again. You like Magpies don't you? I think they're awful birds. Rudey is very brave chasing the big birds. Misty always went for the small colourful ones, robins and tits. He liked to bring them into the house and put them on a windowsill. They were still alive, so I would put them outside again. Then he was at the door crying to be out, then he would sulk as we wouldn't let him go out. Either Cuddles or Pirate had left a mouse beside the back door. It was probably Cuddles. Pirate is still terrorising Cuddles when he gets the chance. I don't think we'll ever get to stroke Pirate. As you say he would have been coming to us by now if he was going to.

Our family are back home safe and sound. They slept most of the first day back. They had a wonderful time. We'll see them this weekend and hear all about it. I always think coming back home is the best part of a holiday. I can't see any pleasure in travelling for a year, it would drive me mad.

The little ducklings are cute. I love to be beside water, especially the sea. I could watch the sea for hours.

I'm going to do some weeding after tea. There's certainly plenty to do. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed May 10, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi apples, have you been sunning yourself in the garden? It has been like summer here for quite some time now, I am in the garden every day getting our new bits of grass growing by watering it constantly. We have flower buds on both climbing roses on the house this year, so very excited to see what they look like in flower. It will be their first flowering season since they were planted, they put all their energy into growing like weeds last year and failed to flower at all.

Christmas all year long...now there's a thought! :lol: I do love these new lights, they are so pretty. But they will be useless at xmas as they are solar lights, and will only work during summer.

Our bird house looks better since I painted it, I got rid of the cream and used a mint colour, which does look smart..it will rot eventually though. We will have to make one for the front soon, we only have a small tray on a tree stump. Do you have a bird house?

We went for a nice curry tonight, and did our holiday food shop. Very excited now, although Rudey is getting more and more nervous whilst we pack stuff. He tried to hide again this evening, silly boy. He keeps bringing presents..blackbirds. I think he wants me to bake a blackbird pie or something, perhaps he thinks he is with the food bill...but he never eats them, so I just keep chucking them out for the foxes, they will eat anything. :lol: Still no cubs, poor Vinny must have lost hers as she disappeared for only two days in March, then her tummy went down and I knew she wasn't feeding cubs. I wonder what happened? Maybe next year we will get cubs, although I suppose another fox could have had cubs locally and we might see some more foxes later in the year? Still we are lucky to have Vinny, Biscuit and co.

I saw a hedgehog on camera one night with a bad leg, so I waited up the next night and ran out to get it. I put it in a box and called the local hedgehog rescue guy, he came to collect it the next day but unfortunately it had to be put to sleep. :( That is two we have given to either vet or hedgehog rescue, but they never make it back. I wonder if I do the right thing by catching them and then they are put to sleep? I suppose it is better than them suffering the pain of dying from infection, but sometimes I wonder if it is going to cost them too much to try and save them, they put them to sleep. It is so sad that so many things are finishing hedgehogs off, they really do struggle due to our over building and busy roads etc.. We have two visiting at the moment, so I suppose we are lucky, but with more building going on nearby, more hogs will be forced out of the next lot of nice green land into suburbia and the busy roads.

Hope you keep getting the nice weather, fingers crossed for our holiday weather. :D I will post lots of pictures of our hol when we get back. :)
ImageLook mama, a present for you! Oh how kind Rudey? :x I would prefer he lay on the flowers I plant or barf on the carpet, the other two presents he likes to occasionally give to me. :lol: Rudey and Cuddles seem to have the same idea...spoil us with dead things... :?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri May 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Everything is lovely and green again.

Hi Will. Are you ready for the off? :) I hope you have a lovely holiday.

The weather has been lovely lately. We were supposed to have some showers today, but it's been dry up to now. We've done loads in the garden. We're going to get some new rose bushes, we dug the old ones out as they were past their best.
We still have some climbers, yellow ones (your favourite colour). They were here when we came.

We have a bird house on one of our trees. It isn't smart like yours, and we haven't had any nesting birds. They prefer to nest where they shouldn't be. Some starlings have taken to sitting on the edge of the roof and they're making an awful mess. There are droppings all over. As fast as we clean them up there's another lot. :x

Has poor little Rudey packed his bag? He's a naughty boy catching blackbirds. He looks proud on the photo though. I think Cuddles had a blackbird in his mouth the other day. I couldn't see properly, but it was a big bird. Poor Vinny losing her cubs. We haven't seen any foxes for ages.

I know what you mean about the hedgehog you don't know what to do for the best. If you had left it it might have recovered, but you wouldn't want it to be in pain. I can remember my dad telling me a story about a cat. There were lots of cats where he worked and he fed them. One day one of them got it's leg trapped in a machine, it managed to get out but it's leg was badly injured. Someone phoned the RSPCA, but when they came there was no sign of the cat. Some weeks later it appeared, running around as large as life on three legs.

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos when you get back.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri May 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi apples, how are you? We are back from Bonny Scotland, it was fantastic! Another lovely part of the borders, and whilst we were there we looked at a few spots of land for sale. Nothing really quite right for us, at least not in our price range. :lol: I will upload some photos another day, I'm still sorting through them.

Your garden looks lush and green, that's a big lawn. It takes me no time at all to mow our little lawns, it must take a while longer for your lawn...you need a ride on lawn mower. I would love one of those, one with bumpers on as I would need to cut around trees. :mrgreen:

Rudey was glad to get home, he screamed and ran in to my arms when we picked him up at the cattery. He must have been stung on the foot yesterday as his foot was swollen last night. I was worried, but this morninng he was fine and running up trees again. He nearly caught a baby wood pigeon this afternoon...oooh he's a naughty boy. :)

How are your little visitors doing? Rudey sends a belly flop and fishy kiss to them both. :)

Our new grass is growing well, except one patch by the cedar. There's not much sun there, if at all. Never mind, trees are better than grass. Speaking of trees, we did find a nice patch of woodland for sale, but no planning for a residential dwelling. Shame, most land is a bit boring when it has planning for a house, you can't seem to get both. I want a cabin in the woods, or a tree house. :D

Have you been in the garden all week? The weather has been quite good, I did lots of pottering yesterday. Today we have started painting our garage door, it was rusty in places. I have been putting rust stop on, then some primer. I hope I can finish tomorrow. We are just going to catch up on chores this weekend, maybe have some walks. We walked our socks off on holiday, poor hubby got so many blisters.

Hope you enjoy the weekend and some sunshine. I'll try and sort some piccies for you to have a look at, it was a lovely place we went to...would go again in a heart beat. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun May 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi Will. I'm pleased you've had a fantastic holiday. :D I'm sure you'll find some land when the time comes, then you can settle in Bonny Scotland.

Yes, it's a big lawn. A ride on mower would be good, but we'd have bother getting it up there as we have lots of steps.
We've just got a self propelled petrol mower, and it's great. We had one before. We keep the petrol mower in a little shed beside the big lawn, and we have an electric mower for the other two lawns. Then we don't have to get them up the steps. I can picture you whizzing round the trees, you would need a mower with bumpers. :lol:

Rudey would be pleased to see you. I'm pleased his paw's better. Cuddles and Pirate were fighting this morning, what a noise. :lol: Cuddles caught a wood pigeon the other day. There were enough feathers to stuff a cushion. They both send a fishy kiss to Rudey.

I've been busy in the garden this afternoon cutting off the daffodil leaves. They look such a mess when the flowers have finished. We'll have to go and get some bedding plants or there'll be nothing left. Have you got yours?

Our garage door needs painting. What colour is yours? Ours is dark blue. I fancied a change last time and decided on green, but I didn't like it so we went back to blue after a few days.

I'm looking forward to seeing some photos. :)

Where's my parachute?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon May 22, 2017 11:53 am

Hi apples, that's a lovely photo...cats are comfy almost anywhere aren't they? :lol: Good idea having two mowers, with all the steps. We planted some flowers a while ago, lobelias, geraniums, petunias and some snap dragons...just waiting for flowers now. Our climbing roses will flower soon hopefully, and the one on the obelisk. The little table rose is beginning to flower, and a few others have buds almost ready to open. I suppose it will all come at once. The everlasting sweetpeas I'm growing are coming up now, I'll have to re-pot them soon and get them outside for a while. What bedding plants are you looking for?

Our garage door is white, not a practical colour. The paint we used was awful and too thick. I should have thinned it, oh well it will be a mess...but at least look nice from a way off. :lol: Next time we will choose a better colour, I like sage green, or brown.

I think the forecast is for thunder storms today, I love storms so am hopeful. I will be stuck in the office on and off all day, so need to rush out to mow before the rain comes. :)

Here's some photos of our hol... :D

Image Grey Mare's Tail 60 metre waterfall. Too rainy and misty for a good photo.
Image Little ducklings in a line of 8.
Image Sat on the deck at the lovely little lodge.
Image Lovely views from the lodge.
Image Gorgeous waterfalls.
Image Little lambs that need a bit of extra care, they were so lovely...they'll probably taste great too... :oops:
Image Newborn calf...awwww
Image Wonderful Himalayan poppies at Dawyck gardens.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed May 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi Will. Thanks for the photos. They disappeared yesterday, but I'm pleased they're back. :) It looks lovely and peaceful where you were staying. The waterfalls look spectacular. Look at the lambs' little faces. I like the taste of lamb too. It's my favourite meat. :oops: I know someone who won't eat lamb because they look so cute, but she still eats baby cows and chickens so I can't see the difference. :lol: The baby ducks look lovely. The mother ducks always have them under control, they're very well behaved. The Himalayan poppies are very colourful.

We've been on the hunt for some bedding plants. One nursery was full of dead plants. This afternoon we went to a nursery that was really good last year, but it was very disappointing. Anyway, we've found some at long last. We bought some Begonias, Petunias and Geraniums. We'll plant some this evening. We still need a couple of Hebes or Anonymouses for some pots, but we know where get can get those.

It's a shame about your garage door, some paint is awful, but I'm sure no one else will notice. Once it gets a bit dirty it'll look ok. :lol:

I had to stand guard while Cuddles got something to eat yesterday. Pirate was trying to attack him, he's a little thug. He was still trying to attack him when I was standing beside him. We went for a walk in the park yesterday, there were lots of squirrels and one was in a litter bin with his head sticking out. :lol:

Our little granddaughter has decided she's going to be a mermaid when she grows up, so that should be interesting. :lol:

The Iris has started to flower in the sunshine.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed May 31, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi apples, the iris look lovely, they are a pretty flower. :)

Being a mermaid sounds like fun. :lol: I must admit I thought about being a mermaid when I was little, never wanted to be out of the bath, swimming pool, sea or paddling pool when I was a kid. I was always called the water baby. :)

I must admit I don't go for certain meats, I don't care for venison because I think of the deer...its a bit strange! Hubby will eat more than I will, he tries unusual stuff when we are at restaurants...I stick to what I know a bit more. I know I couldn't eat cat, even if it was on the menu at a Chinese restaurant. :oops:

Isn't it annoying when you go to a garden centre and a lot looks dead! We went to one last year and a lot looked past its best. We did go to our favourite garden centre yesterday and bought a kingfisher ornament, although it will be wrapped for my birthday. We also looked for more ferns, but they were only selling huge ones in large tubs for a silly price, and I want a pack of little ones as they grow very fast anyway. So no luck with that, but I did buy a new alpine for Tig's grave as one is a little thin on the ground.

We have been busy sorting out our garage. We had to put a gazebo up to cover a lot of our stuff outside. The shed and garden room is full, but we are getting on ok. The floor, and door is finished. The door looks nice now it has had its second coat, much nicer to have a clean door with no rust. The floor has been painted red, its paint we have had for ages as we were going to paint our old garage floor, but never got round to it. Hubby has to do some electrics next, he wants four double sockets along his work bench area! He never does things by half.. :lol: He also has to do some plumbing for the new sink, but I would imagine all this will take ages...all year perhaps. :lol:

We had an amazing meal out yesterday, oh we stuffed ourselves silly. :lol: We had a share starter which was like a meal in itself, then I had a fishy platter, and took home some king prawn shells home for the foxes. I did try them on Rudey, but he turned his nose up at them...he just likes the good bits inside. Rudey gave us another scare, we had painted the garage floor a few days ago and the fumes were in the house. He got a bit dizzy and had wobbly legs. He jumped off hubby's knee and slipped, then started to walk funny. I was so frightened he had hurt his spine or hips, but the next morning he was fine thankfully...phew!!!!! Oh he was spoilt and pampered...nothing new there though!

We have been fishing, but still haven't caught anything, although have felt bites. We think it is because the canal has a lot of small fish, and we are fishing with larger lures for larger predatory fish. Anyway, the river fishing will begin soon, so I am hopeful. I enjoy fishing even though I haven't caught anything, in fact it is a bit addictive I think. But hubby is not so keen, but he will keep me company occasionally.

Hubby has this week off work, so we are doing all sorts of jobs, and spending some time going out for meals and to see films. I bought hubby a drone for our anniversary, we have had some fun with that. I will upload a video from it one day when we go somewhere nice with it. :D

What have you been up to? Have you had nice weather, with a mix of rain and thunder? Are you watching Springwatch? I have sent in a video of our garden fluffies, but I doubt it will be good enough for them to use..but we'll see. :lol:

Check out my YouTube channel for a funny video of Vinny and Biscuit last night. They were so nervous about their food being in a different place...what a performance! :roll: :lol:
There's also one of the Jay giving the Magpies some stick! :lol: Funny bird, never out of the garden now.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi Will. The Iris is looking a bit worse for wear now. I think it's been too hot. It's been too hot for me. I love the sunshine, but not the heat. Hubby says I moan all winter because I'm cold and all summer because I'm too hot. He's right. :lol:

I don't like to eat unusual stuff either. I stick with what I know, hubby is more adventurous. I haven't tried venison.
We might have eaten cat and not known about it. :shock:

It was our son's birthday last week so we had a tea party. Our grandson has finally mastered blowing out the candles without spraying everyone. :lol: It's my birthday next week so we'll have another tea party next weekend. If I have candles on the cake the fire brigade will have to be on standby. :lol:

Good garden centres are hard to find. It's fine if you're after coffee and cake or ornaments, but if you want plants you've had it. We went to a few before we found some bedding plants that were worth having. Our son had looked all over for some Forsythia, but couldn't find any. We found some yesterday and bought three plants. We'll drop them in for them tomorrow. Our ferns look lovely. We get ours at the supermarket, they're only small, but as you say they do grow fast.
We've bought a few alpines lately. What did you get for Tig's grave?

I hope you soon get your garage sorted. Ours used to have a red floor, but most of it has worn off. You can't have too many electric sockets. It must be good having a hubby who can do plumbing. I won't let hubby anywhere near ours. If he tries to mend a leak we end up worse off. :) I'm pleased you've finished the door. Our gates need painting. I keep thinking about it, but can't get started.

Poor Rudey falling and hurting himself. Pirate doesn't limp now, but one of his back legs doesn't seem right. He attacked Cuddles again yesterday, he's a naughty cat.

No, we haven't been watching Springwatch, but I'll have a look at your video on YouTube.

It must be fun having a drone. You can send it over your neighbours' gardens and see if anyone is sunbathing in the censored. :oops:

I hope you catch some fish soon.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi apples, flowers fade too quickly don't they! We have roses coming out all over now, but they don't last long enough. The flowers on the wedding day rose at the front are coming out which is lovely...first time we have had flowers on that. Most of our flowers are only just coming out now, and funny enough the pansies are growing back in the kitchen window box as I didn't get all the roots out, so they will be sandwiched up against some geraniums soon. The front border has some geraniums to add a little colour, although they haven't started to flower yet. But the ground cover plants look pretty with lots of white flowers. I planted two of the sweetpeas I grew from seed by the birch at the front, I do hope they do well. I have a couple more to plant, but don't know where to put them yet.
You would love some of the garden centres we go to, many have cafés and lots of other stuff, but also amazing choice when it comes to plants and trees. The down side is they are quite expensive, if we had a larger garden we would be spending a fortune on it. One local garden centre is so good at Christmas, they will be clearing stuff out the way soon just to get ready for all of that...ooooh can't wait! :)

I must admit I don't like to be too hot or too cold, but I'm not too bad with the cold these days, and the heat lately hasn't melted me, so I'm ok. I am enjoying the sunshine, even when it has been hot. I got the grass done today, it was so long. We have got most of our stuff back in the garage now, just the annoying tent to put away. I will be glad to see the back of that, it has hidden two windows for days. :x

Good to hear your grandson can blow candles out without spitting. :lol: It isn't very nice really...a spit cake. I hope your birthday tea party next week is lots of fun. You can all blow candles out for hours...only joking! :lol: Your birthday isn't that far off mine, I will have 44 candles...well maybe not...it might set my hair alight if I got too close to blow them out. 'All the fours' we will be shouting! :lol:

I did buy a large fern after all for behind the pond, I will buy some small ferns next year. I think I waited too long and they only sell big ones in summer. I will tell you what the Tig plant is when I can get to the label, we are still in a mess in the garden room at the moment.

We went out to but the sockets and other bits and bobs yesterday. It turns out we will have 8 sockets in total when he has finished. I can't quite believe the amount! Yes you can never have too many sockets...hubby would go out and buy more if he heard me say that! :lol: It will be a long way off doing all that electrics. He will have to board the loft first, then make lots of work benches and do the plumbing...it will be fantastic...but I won't hold my breath for it to be finished. Rome was not built in a day, and the garage plans are Roman like! :wink:

Rudey has been running in and out whilst we were doing stuff, a proper little nuisance he has been. Thankfully he has settled now, if I am outside he lambs me. So I thought I would come in a for a while to get him to calm down...worked a treat. Bless him, he is so cute. :D

I love gate painting, pass it down the line and I'll do it. :lol: We need to make a gate for the side, we have a little one, but we want another one to sandwich the bins in. It is going to have to be home-made as they only do 3ft gates in most places, and people making gates to order charge too much for not such great wood. We will buy pressure treated timber and try to make a very strong long lasting gate. I need to put another coat of creosote on the shed this summer, the wood has moved a little and I have a chance of getting lots more treatment in, then I can leave it for a couple years.

The drone will be fun once we get it out in a very open space, we are thinking of going to North Yorkshire one nice day to fly it. :lol: I definitely don't want to see the neighbours naked...that is an awful thought. In all seriousness we wouldn't want to annoy people with a drone, you definitely have to be responsible with these things. If someone flew one into our garden I would accidentally smash it! :lol:

Hope you are enjoying this lovely weather, I bet you have been gardening.

Here's some photos
Image The wedding day rose, just starting to flower
Image Lobelia around the birch
Image New fern behind pond, can't see the pond for ferns!
Image Pretty clematis
Image Lots of lobelia and geraniums to come out next
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi Will. Thanks for the photos, your garden looks lovely. :) Everything is getting a good water today, it's rained and rained. It's supposed to rain tomorrow too. I hope you had a good weekend. We did some gardening. We've started on the hedges and we're reducing the height of some of them. Pansies pop up all over, we found one in the middle of the lawn, and there were a couple in one of the flower beds hidden behind some shrubs. I can't remember ever planting any there. Three of the lupins we bought are growing well, three out of six isn't bad. I like sweetpeas. I might grow some from seed next year.

The garden centre where we found the Forsythia is a good one, but quite expensive,and another one quite near us has some lovely things at Christmas. The shop looks like a grotto or grotty as hubby insists on calling it. :lol: They could do with some decent plants though.

I'm pleased you're getting your garage sorted out and stuff put back. I hate it when there's a mess. You should have plenty of sockets. We had some more fitted when we got the kitchen done, there's eighteen now. :)

I'm sure Rudey is a good help when you're doing things. Cuddles is a good helper too, but he'll trip me up one of these days when he darts out from behind a bush. Pirate is a very naughty cat. He leaves his food to eat Cuddles' food and then goes back and finishes his own so Cuddles doesn't get any.

I'll send the gates down the line for you to paint. They're wrought iron so they're a bit fiddly.

I could blow some of my birthday candles out, have a rest and then blow some more out. I might get them all blown out by this time next week. :lol:

I'd smash a drone too if it flew over our garden.

Our grandson said they'd had a flying spider in the bathroom. I thought of you. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby appledore » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:48 pm

HImage

We bought this basket. It's crammed with pansies. I don't know how they manage to get them all in.

The three ferns on this photo were tiny when we planted them.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi apples, are you still getting a good water? We are, it hasn't stopped! Poor flowers have been blown to bits, and the rain now is quite unnecessary...:lol: I'm only wishing we had more water butts. I don't mind rain really, but it gets frustrating when you want to do stuff in the garden like mow and hedge trim. I'm sure it will be sunny again one day soon.

The mini pansies look fab! They do pack them in don't they! Your ferns are lovely, oh I do love ferns, they are lovely. I must get more next year, hopefully when they are tiny. Yes, sweetpeas are nice, good to grow them from seed. I would grow heaps from seed if I had a greenhouse. Imagine the trees I would grow! :lol:

Goodness, you have a lot of sockets in your kitchen, do you use them all? I don't use many contraptions in the kitchen, so have a socket or two not in use...I'm strange perhaps? If we one day move the kitchen to the garden room, we will need to put lots of sockets in...if just for a future buyer in case it is a must have thing. I bet we will need to put the dreaded dishwasher in too, no one seems to be able to live without one of those...we sold ours (the one the previous owners left) when we moved here.

I think Pirate sounds very naughty, although I can just imagine Rudey being like that over food. The only way he won't eat a snack is if he already has one in his mouth...he's quite the little piggy!

I would happily paint the iron gates for you, I don't know why, but I enjoy projects like that. They are fiddly, but when they are finished you feel a great deal of satisfaction for a job well done. We used to have a large iron gate on a roller across the drive in the old house, but then when the garage was built we fitted a wooden gate instead...it still needed lots of painting, but was much easier. :)

Have you had your Birthday yet? Happy Birthday for when it is/was! Here's a cake for you to put your candles on... :wink: Image

Oooh flying spiders...you mean crane flies? I like them, but if the big scary spiders could fly, I would have to live in a bubble. I run from wasps...goodness knows how I will cope fishing in summer on the river...I will be plagued by creepy fliers.

We are off out tonight for a meal, we were supposed to see a film yesterday, but because there's not much on we want to see, we didn't bother. Do you watch films on tv? What sort of films do you like?

Here's the cookie monster...

Image I want my scratch post back!
Image Too hot to move!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi Will. We had a lovely day yesterday, but it's been wet again today. Everything in the garden is growing like mad, and we can't get out to do what we want to do. :( It is frustrating.

A friend gave us this plant when we first moved in. We've split it and have it all round the garden. Do you know what it is?

We have something plugged into seven of the sockets in the kitchen. We're not into gadgets, just the usual things. Kettle, microwave etc. I always have the radio playing, and we have a phone plugged in. It's just nice to have a socket handy if we need one. There was a dishwasher here when we moved in, it was the first thing to go. I like the dishes washed, dried and put away in the cupboard.

Pirate is very naughty eating Cuddles' food. He's taken to looking in the patio doors when he's hungry. He always has a puzzled look on his face.

I'll paint the gates, I painted them last time. We got a new picnic table which we stained, but it's a horrible colour so we'll stain it again. I'll put a photo on when it looks respectable. :)

Rudey's a lovely cat. He's enjoying the sunshine. Cuddles like to be in the shade, and Pirate likes the sun.

I don't know what our grandson meant by a flying spider, it was probably a crane fly. We thought we had a wasps nest near the kitchen window the other day. We thought there were wasps hitting the window so we rang the pest control people that we usually use, but they said they sounded more like honey bees and they couldn't do anything until they swarmed.
We had a swarm a few years ago and they took it away. Anyway they went away this time.

I hope you enjoyed your meal. We don't watch films on TV, we don't watch TV much really. We'd rather read.

Thanks for the birthday cake. I think it might need any tier to get all the candles on. :lol: It was my birthday on Tuesday, but we're having a tea party on Saturday.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:50 pm

Hello apples, is the plant Persicaria bistorta superba? I'm not a plant expert so my guess is probably wrong. I spy some gates! Did you paint them? Or do you still want to pass them down the line for me to paint? :)

I hope your tea party was good fun, did you have lots of cake? :D

Hahaaa I laughed about the dishwasher, I too like to get the washing up over within minutes. People with dishwashers are strange to me, they spend ages loading and unloading. Their glasses get ruined by them, and many things won't go in them anyway...what is the point really? You could have another cupboard instead, far more useful. :lol:

Do you think Pirate is getting more brave now? Cuddles sits at your patio doors too doesn't he? He's probably been spotted doing that, so Pirate thinks he will use the same staring game to get food. Our Rudey does that too, he sits at the doors and stares...or screams!

What colour did you paint the picnic table? Did you choose a paint and then it looked different from the colour guide? I have done that before, its a nuisance when the colour looks so different from what you expected. I look forward to seeing a photo of your picnic table.

I would worry about having a wasps nest, the neighbours had one a couple of years back, our garden was full of wasps..yuck! Bees are ok, but not a swarm. :shock:

I had spine surgery on Tuesday, a bit unexpected...but I came home Wednesday and am recovering well so far. First big surgery I have ever had, and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Have you ever had any major surgery?

Our roses are coming out in masses, the garden looks lovely. I hope to get back to gardening soon, but it might take a few weeks. I will miss out on some river fishing too, but I'm sure there will be some fish left when I get to fishing again. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Photography