Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Postby appledore » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi Will. I'm sorry to hear about hubby's dad. It's a horrible time for the family and the person who's ill. My dad had cancer, and I used to pray that he would die soon. I believe in euthanasia too. It's the quality of life that's important and not the quantity. It's cruel to keep someone alive when they're so ill and there's no hope of them getting any better.
I hope Rudey is ok now and wasn't sick anymore. It would be stress, but your hubby couldn't go on his own.

We went to see our family yesterday. They've just got two kittens. One's ginger and white and the other one is grey and white. They're called Marmalade and Misty. They're eight weeks old. They chase each other round the house and then go to sleep. They're cute.

Our grandson has started losing his milk teeth. Grandad asked him where his two teeth had gone. He said the tooth fairy and had gone off with them and left him £100. :lol: He's good at making up stories.

I don't think glamping will be much better than camping. I went camping when I was at school, and it was awful. I couldn't wait for the week to end so I could go home. :lol: It was stormy and the tents blew down, so that didn't help. It's true though, we're all different and life would be very boring if we were all the same. I think that sunbathing round a pool would be even worse than glamping. :lol:

The gates look good now, nice and shiny. We have some more gates to paint, but I don't think they'll get done this year. We're running out of time. Our heating has come on a couple of mornings. We just leave the stat and the timer, and if it comes on it comes on. It's chilly at bedtime. It's nice to get into bed and be cosy. :)

We like cod and haddock, especially smoked haddock. We both like beetroot. We often have a beetroot sandwich. I can hear you saying yuk!!! :lol: Fish you've caught yourself will taste even better. (When you catch some). :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi apples. Rudey has been fine, it is usually the first night he is back when he'll be sick. Two new kittens sounds like fun, I bet they are gorgeous! :) I used to call our Tig 'mama's little mmarmalade boy' he had many names, but not as many as Rudey. Rudy has more nick names than any animal has possibly ever had. :lol:

I agree with you, sunbathing around a pool would be worse than camping. :lol: Or sunbathing on a beach all day. Give me rivers, lakes and mountains and lots of walking and fishing any day. I like to move around on holiday and see the sights, cannot stand lying around too much, although I did enjoy the lilo last year because it was a one off special holiday, and everything reminded me of our first honeymoon. I doubt we will do holidays like that again, unless we feel like it on our 30th or 40th wedding anniversary? :D

You would think £100 is too much for a milk tooth or two, but there has been some inflation since our milk teeth days... :wink: Did your grandson get £5? :lol: I think I used to get 50p what did you get?

Our heating came on this morning, but tonight it is warm in the house. Looks like a swimming pool out there after all the rain. I went for a walk today and couldn't beieve the water rushing through streams, and pooling in the golf course.

A beetroot sandwich?????? Really apples? EW! :lol: Mind you, I put dozens of chillies on my sandwiches...we must all be strange. :wink:

Smoked haddock is yummy, and when I catch a fish it will be even yummier... But I might die long before that particular pleasure. :lol: :lol:

We are hoping to go for a long walk this weekend in Ribblehead, the weather forecast isn't great, but I'm sure it won't be too bad.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi Will. Hope you're all ok. I'm pleased Rudey has recovered and settled down again. :) Misty had lots of names too. He was my little pal.

The going rate for the tooth fairy is £2 per tooth. The teeth haven't to be pushed too far under the pillow as the tooth fairy has short arms. :lol:

I think sunbathing anywhere is dead boring. We like to be on the move. Even when we're at home and In the garden we'd rather be pottering about.

It's cold today with showers. It's been an awful summer. :( Our heating came on for a short time this afternoon.

We had beetroot sandwiches yesterday, and thought of you when we were eating them :lol: We've had smoked haddock today with rice, and it was yummy.

I hope you enjoy your long walk this weekend, and don't get too wet. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 am

Hi apples, we are very well thank you, hope you are both doing well. Did you have a nice weekend? What did you get up to? We had a lovely long weekend, we went to see the film IT yesterday and had a nice pub meal, that was good fun. I made a nice pork crackling roast dinner on Sunday, on Sat we had a long walk, and Fri we went shopping in town and ate out. All weekend we did bits and bobs in the garage too, I was waxing all the wood frame, so it will look better when the worktops go on. All the framework is pine, and is so anaemic looking. The worktops are oak and when oiled go a lovely colour. So I used a medium oak wax on the pine, and it doesn't look too bad. It looks more rustic now, better for a garage.

Sunbathing is such a boring pastime, I think some people go on holiday to sleep and look like a human walnut at the end. :roll:

Oh no, beetroot sandwiches again! I feel sick just thinking about that. :lol: What next? A carrot and swede sandwich? :mrgreen:

The weather has been windy and rainy, but I quite like it. In fact, this summers weather suits me more. :lol: I should have gone fishing in all this rain, but we've had so much else on, and the wind does get on your nerves when fishing. We ate some fish this weekend, prawns and salmon, its not like I would catch anything if I did go fishing! :wink:

£2 for a tooth is a good rate, I think 50p was quite a high rate when I was a kid. What's the bet some kids get a tenner! Spoilt brats they are called. :lol:

Our heating has come on the occasional evening, and morning. I haven't taken much notice of our weather station. I usually look to see how hot or cold it has been, I'll have a look later. I think it is still fairly warm, its just very windy and wet. I can't mow the lawn, that's the only thing frustrating me about the weather. It is long, full of leaves, and sodden! It will have to dry out over a few days if I am to mow, or I'll cut it to pieces with the wheels. I rely on the grass being shorter and there being less leaves to see when food has gone over night. It makes watching the foxy footage easier. Whilst it is full of leaves and long grass, you can't see any of the food you put out. I am spending ages going through the footage lately. We do have three hedgehogs, two get on ok, but one is not welcomed by one of the usual two. Every time this poor hedgehog comes in to eat, one naughty hog rolls it out of its way...meany! :lol: But it is funny to watch. We think one might have taken to the hog house we made, but it is difficult to know for sure. There is a trail going in and out, we put food in the entrance occasionally, but mice could be eating that.

I have tons to do today, but I will make the effort to have a long walk later. The weather isn't too bad at the moment...see how long that lasts! I do love walking in rain, but wind and rain is another story, I would cry off if it is gale force.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi Will. We enjoyed our weekend, but the weather was awful so we didn't get anything done in the garden. It sounds like you had a busy weekend. You'll have a really posh garage when you've finished. :)

Sunbathing is boring, and it does nothing for your skin either.

A carrot and swede sandwich sounds quite tasty, but not as tasty as a beetroot sandwich. :lol: If you came for tea I'd make one especially for you.

Some trees were interfering with our telephone line so we had some height taken off them yesterday. The tree men did a really good job, and also removed a tree that was getting too big and past it's best, They also trimmed a crab apple tree.

We saw a fox on the CCTV a few days ago. He was dashing up the drive and heading towards next door's hens. :) We saw a hedgehog the other day, but no more squirrels. We don't see them very often.

I think I told you that our family got two kittens. They were supposed to be female, but when they took them to the vet they discovered that they're both males. :)
Our heating is coming on most mornings now, and occasionally during the day. It'll be Christmas before we know it. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi apples, I don't know about a posh garage, but it should be a decent workshop once finished. I did think about painting the walls, but then I like rustic and brickwork, so I decided against that, because you can't undo it once it is done. One poshish feature will be some colour changing lighting, simply because we bought miles of the stuff and don't know where else to put it now. Although I am considering putting some behind the TV...it does all get a bit much this lighting business. :lol: I won't be able to walk in a room soon without some sort of Christmas reminder. It will soon be CHRISTMAS!!!! Oh how I can already hear the sleigh bells ringing... :mrgreen:

Sunbathing is bad for skin, but then I often remind myself that I spend hours outside most days, and I seldom remember to wear sun cream. People who garden a lot, fish, walk etc... can age badly too. When I met my mother in law for the first time, she was stood at the door and I genuinely thought hubby's grandma was there to say hello. I almost dropped when she said 'hello I am ***** mum!' so I asked hubby how old she was, and she was several years younger than my mum, I almost fainted again...seriously bad for your skin gardening and walking around in the sun all day, even in this country. I might look 103 by the time I am 60. :shock: I really hope I don't age that badly, because I would never touch botox or anything else for anti-aging. I will let my face shrivel naturally! :lol: You can't help what you look like at the end of the day, you have to accept yourself, or you end up looking like a weirdo with your face pumped full of rubbish and eyebrows in constant shock! :twisted: Which can look worse in my opinion.

The beetroot sandwich is a good reason for not coming round to yours for tea. :lol: I will offer you some nice snails from the garden to dip in your tea and a three hour session of Marilyn Manson. :wink:

You must have yourself a good treeman. Many advertise their 'special' tree services by leaflet, then just hang from branches in high winds throwing the off-cuts into the neighbours properties...but they are usually Pikies with ladders and the wrong tools though! :lol:

I'm glad you saw a fox on your camera, did you keep the video? We seem to have just two foxes coming nightly at the moment, until next year it might stay that way, unless it is a harsh winter and others return. Do you feed at night? They soon get used to being fed, it must be nice for animals to know there is some food for them if times are tough, but then most like an easy meal even when food is in abundance. :lol:

I did laugh about the kittens both being male, not female. It often happens, do your family mind much? Once they are castrated they don't tend to spray. Our Rudey is a clean boy, if he sprayed things I would be horrified, I'm not sure how people cope with that? :shock:

I haven't noticed our heating coming on recently, but it is cooler in the mornings. What temperature do you set your heating at? We have ours at 18C, unless it is freezing outside, then I set it to 20C.

I thought I might have nightmares after seeing the film IT, I hate clowns, and this clown was the worst ever! Oh my goodness it takes a hell of a lot to scare me, but that clown was very scary...in a proper scary clown way. I didn't have any nightmares though, so they might need to do better in part two when that comes about. We were going to see a film yesterday, but missed it because hubby had to work later than expected. But it is only a silly shorty cruise film, probably rubbish anyway. There's a creepy film to see next week called Mother, ooooh will that give us nightmares? :shock: I like a scary film. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi Will. Your workshop will come in very handy. I know what you mean about painting brickwork, once it's done you're stuck with it whether you like it or not. You can get a bit carried away with lights. It'll soon be Christmas, and you can go light mad for a few weeks. I bought some icing topped mince pies today, so the Christmas things are coming in the shops, I don't know why they don't sell them all year. I'd eat them. :lol:

Sunbathing is very bad for the skin. I use makeup that includes sunscreen, and I think that helps. Some people do age a lot faster than others. I wouldn't touch botox either, but I might need Polyfilla in a few years. :lol: My mum had lovely skin, even in her eighties and I'm lucky that I take after her. It's just luck really. We have two mirrors in the bathroom, on opposite walls. I look about ten years older in one than I look in the other, and I must admit sometimes if I just catch sight of myself in a mirror I think who's that? I think we tend to see what we want to see when we look in a mirror. Some eyebrows look like big, black slugs.

If I come to your house for my tea I'll bring my own grub. (Beetroot sandwiches). :lol:

We were lucky to find a good treeman. The last one we had came for nearly twenty years, and he was really good, but for some reason he stopped coming. Maybe he's retired. I wish we could find a good plumber. We're usually worse off when they've gone than we were before they came. :x

I didn't keep the video of the fox, it wasn't very clear. He was on a dash to get to the hens I think. We don't put food out for the foxes, I think they just hoover up whatever's left on the lawn.

They weren't bothered about the cats being male, but they're going to have the snip as soon as possible so they don't spray and stink the house out.

Our heating was coming on yesterday. We have it at 22.5C If we had it any lower it would never come on. The room stat is in a warm spot, so it doesn't really reflect the temperature in the rest of the house. It works though, so that's the main thing.

A lot of people don't like clowns. It's strange really. As our son used to say 'it's only a man dressed up'. :lol:

I hope you have a lovely weekend. We're going to see our family for lunch on Sunday, so we're looking forward to that. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi apples, mince pies are in the shops now, in fact I saw some weeks ago. Quick rush to the shops and slap icing on top! :wink: I bought a couple more boxes of Lindor, oh I love those chocs. They always seem to discount them before Christmas, so I buy them several times over the crimbo season, and.....they still don't last.

I did a lot of sunbathing when I was younger, and am seldom out of the sun, but my skin so far isn't too bad...but it might all catch me up. I consider myself to be ageing well, not many people think I am my age, but they might just be being kind...but who cares...I feel really good so that is the main thing. I bet you look great for your age, I imagine you look after yourself, and don't look 102 like my mother in law. :lol: Little sod I am. :lol: I must admit my grandma looked wonderful for her age too, but my mum had bad skin from sunbathing...so without botox I am possibly flooked! :lol:
If I saw what I wanted to see when I looked in the mirror, I would see this http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2017/05/08/i ... 6_400w.png :lol: Ew, just kidding!

Oh my goodness, the black sperm brows thing! Don't you just hate them? I don't get it? I wonder what happens? You get to a certain age, shave off your brows, then draw them on with black marker pen or dye them black? That look with botox and strange fillers that could be bleach or cat poop...well, it is so attractive isn't it! :lol: I would rather have wrinkles and real eyebrows thank you. I think what passes for attractive these days is very odd...why do people do this? http://ochairremoval.com/wp-content/uploads/BigLips.jpg :lol: Oh dear.

You can bring beetroot sandwiches, you might want headphones too! :wink:

My hubby could do some plumbing work for you, he is good at it. Not had any leaks at all. I would worry about anyone doing plumbing for us, just in case we got leaks, it isn't a nice thought.

22.5C is quite high, but Hub's mum has her heating turned up quite high, I think you feel the cold more as you get older. Hubby feels the cold more than I do now, I never thought I would say that. I am a hardy creature these days, well it would seem so. On Friday I went fishing, I was in new walking boots, and I lost my feet...it was mud mud mud! I came home covered in mud, my knees, my coat, my rod, bag...everything! But if you have a peek at the tube, you will see why. :D Oh I was a happy muddy bunny! I did not come home till dark...with poooooo boots.

I hated Ronald McDonald as a kid, all clowns are gross to me! The IT clown was so scary, but I still have not had any nightmares. I used to have nightmares about clowns, and imps when I was younger. So when I saw IT, I thought it might not leave my mind...but maybe the irrational fear isn't that great after all. I always try to face fears head on, but with spiders that is the fear I cannot get over, not yet anyway. Good job I don't have a fear of pike. :D Did you hear an echo On Friday about 6pm?

Rudey has a new collar, it is a dark red velvet jobby with dickey bow, oh he looks very posh. :lol: He is now more demanding than ever, he is expecting all kinds of fishies on little dishies.

We saw Rocky 'the fox' last night and the night before, I spoke too soon when I said it is just the two. Looks like Biscuit has two females to choose from this winter. I secretly hope he gets with Minty and stays with her, she is less flitty, I think Minty will make a good mum.

Today I did loads in the garden, chopped at trees, mowed lawn for the first time in weeks, put the weed and feed down, patio magic on the patio, scooped and covered pond, tied roses and pruned...I was a very busy bee. But I so wanted to be fishing instead, but the sun came out so it was best to get the garden sorted for autumn. I am going to do a rain dance tonight, please rain for tomorrow cloudy sky! :lol:

We are spoiling ourselves tomorrow morning and having a full English breaky, not had one for ages. I was meant to cook sausages for dinner tonight, but had salmon in the fridge which needed using up, so I went shopping for other bits this afternoon, and we'll stuff ourselves tomorrow morning. I call it the heart attack on a plate breaky. :oops:

Wish me luck if I do go fishing tomorrow, I need to catch a huge fish if I am to bring it home for our dinner. That requires huge luck! Hope you have fun with your family tomorrow. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi Will. What a cold day, it's like winter. We still have loads to do in the garden, but we're running out of time. You've been busy, you must be back to normal following your surgery.

So you caught a fish? Clever you, I knew you could do it. :D I did hear an echo. I wish I could have seen you all covered in mud. I bet even your eyebrows were muddy. I can't understand anyone shaving off their brows, and getting them tattooed back on. What if they look a mess? You're going to be stuck with them. :shock: I don't think I look bad for my age. As you say you don't know if someone is just being kind when they say you don't look your age.

Our heating isn't really that high, it's just the stat is in a warmish place and the heating wouldn't come on if we turned it down. Having said that we've just turned it up a notch as I'm cold. I have a chest infection and hubby has cold, so we're a couple of old crocks at the moment.

Everyone is frightened of something. I'm frightened of spiders, but I'm not as bad as I was. I caught a huge one last night.
Hubby tried to catch it, but it disappeared under a cupboard in the kitchen. I was waiting for it when it came out again. :lol:

Rudey will look posh with his new collar. We saw the kittens yesterday. They're still sleeping a lot, curled up together in their basket. Pirate was waiting for his breakfast this morning, and I managed to give him a little stroke. That's progress. :D

It'll be interesting who Biscuit chooses. We haven't seen the fox again.

I hope you enjoyed your full English. I bit of what you fancy does you good. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi apples, we too have had the odd cooler day, and the heating has been on. Although only once in the afternoon that I have noticed. It tends to come on some mornings and the occasional evening. Today it is warm, and the same yesterday. I hope your chest infection and colds have cleared up, you poor things.

We had a lovely slap up meal on Friday, then did a marathon fishing session. We only left the river when we could no longer see as it was so dark. I caught a fish again, but the naughty thing got off my hook, but at least I caught one. I loved it, but hubby was a bit bored I could tell. His rod is crap, so we'll buy another one like mine I think, that will go with his nice new reel. Then he can cast better, he might enjoy it more...although I doubt he will ever like it like I do. :lol: I have ordered about twenty lures from ebay, I will have hundreds eventually. I absolutely love having all kinds of lures, I hinted to hubby 'you know what to buy me for Christmas!' https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1000_.jpg http://litbimg6.rightinthebox.com/image ... 287773.jpg I have a couple like these, oh aren't they gorgeous! I am frightened to use them in most spots as they get snagged and you lose some. I am really wanting to catch more pike now...it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :lol: I must be a weirdo. :mrgreen:

I have been busy, and thankfully feel great after my surgery, but did ages back. I don't feel limited, in fact don't really feel any different with a metal disc in there, it feels normal. My only issue is a little shoulder inflammation, but I have had that for a while, I tend to over do it and it will ache a bit. Hubby gets an aching shoulder the other side, so as always, we are a good pair. :D Not much stops us doing what we want to do, so it can't be too bad...not yet anyway. :shock:

I have just mowed the lawns, and hubby is back in the garage doing the shelves under the worktops. Although the worktops haven't been fitted yet, it is all a long process, so much to do in there. I cannot wait to see the worktops on and the sink in place etc.. I want to start making things, but have nowhere to work. I am going to make a splash back for the sink once hub has fitted the electric hand wash unit. It should be fun to have a nice workshop, we'll spend a lot of time in there, fighting over who can use what! :wink: I need a lot of woodwork lessons, so hubby will be my teacher for a while.

Oh brave you catching a spider, did you put it out, or say hello with your shoe? I try to put anything outside, but in sheer panic if it is a monster, to stop it going elsewhere in the house...I will jump on it. I hate the big ones!

We think Vinny is back, I thought she was a goner, but it seems like she may have returned. We are down to one hedgehog, three or four foxes, one mouse, and that's about it at the moment. I have seen the treecreeper recently and goldcrest, so that's nice. I would like a woodpecker to come back now, I will start to feed the birds suet cakes soon, that might bring more birds in. We seem to be inundated with goldfinch, and they are such messy birds. But they are pretty, and bullfinch are always lovely to see. We hope to see the siskins again this year, but that might be a way off yet. One bird we haven't seen yet is brambling. A neighbour down the road said she had seen them previous winters, but we have yet to spot one.

I'm glad you have got to stroke Pirate, that is such good progress. He must be much more trusting now. I bet the kittens curled up together is a lovely sight, kittens are so very cute! I wonder what Rudey would make of a kitten? He might want to eat it? I don't think it would be a good idea to find out. He is as spoilt as ever, he has been sleeping in our bedroom again, he changes where he wants to sleep like the weather. Basically he does what he wants, goes where he wants, and is ruler of the Will household. :lol: Typical cat!

Our full English was yummy, it is definitely good to have a bit of what you fancy now and again. I don't think I would want to live on fry ups, but they are such a treat when you do have one. On holiday we have one every morning, we go a bit mad on holidays.

I got chatting to a guy at the river on Thursday afternoon, he is a keen angler, and he asked if he could watch me fish for a while as he was only there walking the dog at the time. It was my worst nightmare, but he was a nice old guy, so not the complete nightmare I had envisaged. He gave me a couple of tips, said my casting was spot on, and looked through my photos, one of a small chub. He was very enthusiastic, and thought it was wonderful that I love fishing, he seemed to be so happy to see another woman enjoying the hobby. I didn't mind having a chat with him. But I like peace and quiet, in other words I should have a sign up saying 'No talking, watching, sitting too close, standing too close, no nosey parkers, and definitely no fish snatching!'. :lol: I only catch one a day after all, at least let me have that!
All Friday afternoon there was a kingfisher fishing the other side of the river, how magical is that?!?!?! Oh it is such fun.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, I will go and do a bit of painting now. I am pottery painting, although have messed it up a bit. I have painted an owl, but oh dear... it'll do.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi Will. I'm pleased you had a good weekend. We're both feeling much better thanks. I have to have another chest x-ray next week so I hope it comes back ok.

It's quite warm today, but still a bit murky. It was a dark, miserable day yesterday.

It sounds like you had a good fishing session, and clever you catching another fish. Even if it got away you still caught one.
It's a shame hubby gets bored, but it's lovely that he comes with you. He might be a bit more enthusiastic when he gets a new rod. I used to go fishing with a jam jar and a net. :lol: Those lures are lovely, they look real. You could always take your clothes off when you're fishing, I'm sure nobody would mind especially the man who was watching you. :lol: You'll have to have a big Do Not Disturb sign. It's nice the Kingfisher was keeping you company. :D

A full English breakfast is yummy. We always have one when we're on holiday. We can have a slice of toast at home. :lol:

A caught four spiders the other night, great big things. :shock: I should say I splattered four spiders. I don't like to think they're going to run off and I don't know where they are either.

This is our visiting hen, she's been here a few days now. Pirate and her get on really well. :) She's called Clucker.

I hope it is Vinny. We've seen a fox on the CCTV the last couple of nights. A hedgehog comes most nights and finishes off the cats' food. We'll be buying fat balls soon for the birds.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:49 am

Hi apples, I'm glad you are both feeling better, and hope your chest x-ray comes back ok. I'm sure it will.

It was dull most of yesterday so I went fishing, but didn't catch anything. I got bothered by that same guy again, now he is annoying me! I like my own company, and hate to be bothered, when it is much more than 'hello, what have you caught?' How do I politely tell someone to sod off? I don't want to be rude as obviously he is bored and lonely, but I just don't have time for it. Some people aren't very self aware, they don't know when they are a nuisance. I don't think he is an imbecile, but I thought yesterday that something is not quite right with him. Maybe he is lonely, but it isn't my problem. I prefer to be nice, and not be offensive, but I don't want to make friends with anyone. I like to be alone. Grrrrrrr
And hell no to the noody fishing, not unless it is just me and my buffas hub on our own private land that is...mmm sounds super fun. :wink:

I saw a couple of kingfishers, it is nice by the river, you see quite a lot of birds. I didn't get a photo, they rush past and I can never get my camera out quick enough.

I can't believe you caught four spiders! If I saw four in a night I'm not sure I would sleep. It is bad enough just knowing that there are hundreds in the house that you don't see. You are very brave! Apparently spiders don't like conkers, so I have collected a load of conkers...I put a few around the bed. :lol:

Is the chicken an escapee from next door? I bet the fox will soon kill it! That will make a filling supper for the fox. :lol:

We saw a good film yesterday called American assassin, but last weeks film called Mother was horrible. It was about a man who craved masses of love, admiration, and attention, and there could never be enough for him, he could never be happy. But the way the film went was a very roundabout description of the madness that exists in some people, but it could have been better described by showing a madman behind the screen of social media, begging for attention whilst his wife and child sit in a room waiting for him to apparently complete some important work. The baby being ripped apart in the end of the film was too much, but a madman would probably kill his own baby for attention, I think that was what the film was trying to say. Very disturbing stuff, worth avoiding at the flicks, and anywhere else. :lol:

Its a nice day today, sunny and warm. I will go for a walk later, once I get some work done. I do hope this weekend will be rainy, so I can do a bit more fishing. I might go to the canal for a change, less weirdos there, I hope. Have you any plans for the weekend? You said you have a lot more to do in the garden before winter. We only have some shrubs to move and the bigger hedge to cut. We managed to kill some grass by putting weed and feed down, then walked all over it it to clear branches we had cut off the trees...oops. :lol: Never mind, it always needs reseeding in spring here and there. I hope you can get most jobs done before the worst of the weather.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi Will. I hope you had a good weekend. Our family invited us for lunch on Saturday, and we really enjoyed it.

We're both feeling much better thanks. I went for my chest x-ray this morning, so fingers crossed it comes back ok.

It's a lovely sunny day today, but very windy. It's good to see the sun after all the gloomy days we've had. :)

I think I'm brave catching spiders too, there are a lot this year. There was one in the kitchen sink this morning, and one in the bath yesterday. I still don't like them, but I start getting annoyed when there are so many in the house and I declare war. I often lie in bed and think about the hundreds of spiders in the house, and imagine them scuttling about in the dark.
You'd be better off with grenades than conkers. :lol:

That man sounds a pest when you're fishing. Some people can't take a hint can they? He sounds lonely, but as you say it's not your problem. You could paint a horrible rash on your face that might see him off. When I had chicken pox a woman came to deliver a parcel. I was supposed to sign for it, but she took one look at all my spots and said she would sign for me. She certainly moved fast that day. :lol:

I don't like the sound of the film called Mother, but some people do crave attention.

We killed some grass with weed and feed in the spring, but it's grown back now. So have the weeds. :lol: We've got some more tidying up done in the garden. It all looks tidy enough. We still need to buy some pansies, it we wait much longer there'll be none left.

Yes, the hen's an escapee from next door. It's been here a couple of weeks now. We invited our neighbour round to catch it, but it had disappeared by the time he got here. I hope a fox doesn't get it.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi apples, glad to hear you had a good weekend. Unfortunately Hubby's dad died late last week, it wasn't a great shock, but still sad when the time comes. We kept expecting the call, he was so bad in the end, it is a blessing the pain is over for him. I think Hub's mum will feel better after the funeral, it must have been very hard for her this past year.
This weekend we went fishing together, caught nothing, but it was nice to be out in the fresh air. Hubby is still working on stuff in the garage, but made time to get the big hedge cut at the front. We have just kept busy doing chores mostly, I think hubby has needed to keep busy. The funeral will be next week.

Your spider situation sounds very worrying, I had a mini fit last night when we were clearing away a large garden spider and its enormous web from our camera, it landed on Hubby, and I didn't want him to come back in the house until I knew it was no longer on him....oh the panic! :lol: I need to snap out of this spider fear really, it is ridiculous.

The pest at the river didn't walk his dog the day we were there fishing together, shame because Hub might have got rid of him for me. There is friendly, and there is being an almighty pest! Mind you, I did wonder at the end of the day if he had seen us and walked on by. If he pesters me again I will tell him I like to fish on my own and hope he pees off. We were fishing for five hours with no luck, that is not good.

I saw some pansies in Asda today, but all our flowers are still going, so I'll leave it for now. They didn't look very nice anyway. How much have you left to do in your garden now? We are running out of jobs, I'll be down to leaf raking soon enough. :)

I laughed about the chicken pox, and the woman running away in case she caught it. I probably would too, I should try painting spots on my face to get rid of the pest. :lol: I'll tell him it is leprosy. :mrgreen:

No I hope the hen isn't eaten by the fox, but the fox has to eat, I guess if the hen keeps running around it will be fox food. I put a cute video on of Rudey, watch the clean version if you have a look. He looks so cute. :D Two foxes came into the garden together last night, Vinny and Biscuit...awwwww :D I uploaded that vid too.

I have been ordering so much from ebay, there will be a Santa sack at the door soon. I have ordered loads of lures, so once they start dropping through the door, I'll go fishing again...maybe catch a fish. :shock:

Have you been stock piling Christmas presents yet? We have bought a few things, but there will be loads more to get nearer the time. I am looking forward to putting the decs up, I miss putting them up on the 6th of Nov, well sort of. I will wait until the end of Nov, but I might need to put just one or two sets of lights up in the garden before then to stop me being naughty and putting the lot up too early. When will you put yours up? I bet your Hubby says 'Christmas eve'...or never? :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi Will. We're sorry to hear about hubby's dad. It's a shock even when you're expecting it. We're thinking about both of you. Hubby's mum will feel lost. It's best to try and keep busy.

I've never seen so many spiders' webs in the garden, they're everywhere. :shock: Hubby made a wooden cover for the tumble dryer vent, and a big spider lives in there. I'm used to it now and say 'hello spider'. It'll be a different story though if it decides to come out. :lol: A lot of fears aren't rational, we're all frightened of something.

Hubby has cut the grass today. He cut it a couple of weeks ago thinking it would be the last time this year, but it's grown really fast. I think this cut really will be the last one. We still have quite a bit to do. Some shrubs still need trimming, and the roses need cutting down. We still haven't managed to weed some parts of the garden this summer. We planned on painting some more gates, but that won't get done now. Each year we get further and further behind, but the garden doesn't look too bad if you don't look too closely. :lol: Our son would come and help, but he has enough to do. The leaves are dropping off the Acers.

It's a pity the man didn't turn up when hubby was there. He'd have seen him off.

We haven't seen the hen since yesterday morning. She's maybe gone home. There are no feathers of bits lying about so I hope the fox hasn't got her. I'll have a look at the video of Rudey.

I haven't even thought about Christmas yet. Our grandchildren will be writing lists for Santa, so we'll wait until we know what they would like. Hubby always says Boxing Day is soon enough to put the decs up. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Photography