Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Postby appledore » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:44 pm

GO AWAY HEN. THIS IS MY BREAKFAST.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi apples, I hope you had a nice weekend, we had a quiet one and snuggled lots, we mostly went for walks and did a bit of garage work. We saw the film Jigsaw last week, instead of orient express...we'll see that tomorrow. The Jigsaw film was ok, more of the same gore. I am looking forward to the other film a lot more, I'll let you know if its good. You could go and see it on a pogo stick. :wink:
I'm not too bad at sitting still through a film, well I say sitting still, I move around a lot...but I watch it. I must admit I get a numb bum sometimes, especially if it is a long film.

So Cuddles came for tea! That's nice, I bet you are always pleased to see him. I love the photo of Pirate and the hen, they might eventually become pals, you never know. :lol: Rudey sends a big belly flop, he's all cuddled up by the radiator in bedroom two. He suddenly becomes a radiator lover once it is freezing outside, he goes out and gets cold...poor little spoilt boy. He really should have a padded jacket and booties on when he goes out...oh how cute he would look. Hubby is threatening Rudey with the reindeer suit, looks like I will have to wear my reindeer onesie soon, it'll be Christmas in less than two weeks! So have you told your hubby that your decs are going up on the 25th of November? :lol: :wink:

I saw the little hedgehog on camera, but it didn't come into the garden until about 4am. I doubt the little ones will survive, and it will be hard to catch them if they come at that time because I will be asleep. Two of last years cubs have been coming, Minty and Rocky. Vin and Bic have been absent for a few days, most likely sick of the constant fireworks. Or they are digging earths for next years cubs...hope hope!

You are right in that a little of what you fancy does no harm, I prefer plenty of what I like. I eat chocolate every day, I don't bother too much with fussing over food, but I do also like healthy food. Good job or I would be unhealthy, hubby would be a dustbin if I let him. :oops: :lol:

I saw the kingfisher several times today, once I saw two of them, but I could not get a photo. They seem to see or hear me too soon. I got close to one on my way home, but a dog walker came the other way. The kingfisher did a lovely big poop as it flew past though. :mrgreen:

I haven't been fishing, I was going to go yesterday but it was so sunny, I went for a long walk instead. I am looking out for a dull or rainy to day to go now. It has been a while since I fished, so I must go soon. I dreamt about fishing the other night , and I caught something...so I'm hopeful. I also dreamt of cuddling a large bird, and I was saying 'look, I can stroke it! It is so friendly!' Silly Mrs Will. :lol:

Did you see autumn watch? It was great, I loved the garden full off foxes, even badgers. The woman had fed them for so many years, some were quite brave...it was fantastic. Have you been watching blue planet? Oh that s fabulous...I'm glued!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi Will. We had a good weekend thanks. We got wrapped up and went for a walk on Sunday evening in all the cold. We really enjoyed it, but I think we were the only people out. :lol:

Cuddles has gone missing again. I shine the torch through the window every night, but there's no sign of him. I hope he's cuddled up somewhere warm. The hen steals Pirate's breakfast every morning. He had his beak pressed up to the patio doors this morning. He needs a nappy, there's hen doddle everywhere. :( I wish he would go home. Pirate is growing fast. He was such a tiny little thing, but he's growing fast now. Thank Rudey for the big belly flop. :) He's sensible, keeping warm beside the radiator. I can picture him in a padded jacket and boots. He needs a bobble hat too. I can picture you in a reindeer onesie. You'll look lovely. There's no chance of the decs going up here on the 25th November.
Hubby keeps asking if you've got your decs up yet. :lol:

I'm pleased you're seeing the foxes. We saw one on the camera the other day. It was heading for next door's hens. We haven't seen a hedgehog for ages. We've had quite a few dead mice left for us.

We haven't been watching Autumn watch or blue planet. We don't watch much tv. I hope you enjoyed the film.

How's your Christmas shopping progressing? We just need to buy some wrapping paper now, and that's it. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi apples. I hope you were joking, just to confuse your hubby...of course you'll put your decs up early! December 4th at the latest. :mrgreen: I was so tempted to put the decs up this weekend, hubby was seriously tempting me to...but I resist! Next Friday I keep saying, and I will stick to it. :D But I did put some purple lights on a tree behind the garden, they look gorgeous.

I'm in my panda onesie, hubby is very happy...silly hubby. He does like to tease me, when the reindeer one goes on he will never stop the teasing. :lol: I will have to buy him one...it would have to be a girrafe. :lol:

I have not done that much shopping yet, you are more organised over the shopping than I am. It will take me a few weeks to be fully shopped up for crimbo. I am trying to get good hints. :)

I went fishing yesterday but had no luck. I enjoyed it though, the kingfisher came to say hello. I saw a fish chase my lure, so I tried and tried to tempt it again, but it was wise to the game. Never mind, I will try again in another few days.

We bought a new washing machine...woop! Got rid of the crusty grey thing. Hubby would have fixed it but it would have cost too much on parts. So I got a lovely new white machine...yeah! I'm chuffed. :) Every time I looked in the garden room my eyes were drawn to the grey machine, and I was willing it to go wrong...and it did. Hahaaa

We found out which lodge we are in at at CP this year, I am super chuffed as it is where I had hoped it would be. We didn't specify a particular lodge this time, so you look at options on a map and then hope. :lol: Oh we cannot wait for this holiday, just love Center Parcs at Crimbo. :D. Rudey will know what is coming when he sees us put the decs up next week...cattery holiday...not so yeah. :( Poor baby.

The film was good, I had forgotten the original, so the end was a good surprise.

I hope you have a good weekend, we will walk tomorrow, then have a nice crackling roast with mulled wine. :D We are being quite lazy really.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Previous

Return to Photography