Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Postby appledore » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:44 pm

GO AWAY HEN. THIS IS MY BREAKFAST.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi apples, I hope you had a nice weekend, we had a quiet one and snuggled lots, we mostly went for walks and did a bit of garage work. We saw the film Jigsaw last week, instead of orient express...we'll see that tomorrow. The Jigsaw film was ok, more of the same gore. I am looking forward to the other film a lot more, I'll let you know if its good. You could go and see it on a pogo stick. :wink:
I'm not too bad at sitting still through a film, well I say sitting still, I move around a lot...but I watch it. I must admit I get a numb bum sometimes, especially if it is a long film.

So Cuddles came for tea! That's nice, I bet you are always pleased to see him. I love the photo of Pirate and the hen, they might eventually become pals, you never know. :lol: Rudey sends a big belly flop, he's all cuddled up by the radiator in bedroom two. He suddenly becomes a radiator lover once it is freezing outside, he goes out and gets cold...poor little spoilt boy. He really should have a padded jacket and booties on when he goes out...oh how cute he would look. Hubby is threatening Rudey with the reindeer suit, looks like I will have to wear my reindeer onesie soon, it'll be Christmas in less than two weeks! So have you told your hubby that your decs are going up on the 25th of November? :lol: :wink:

I saw the little hedgehog on camera, but it didn't come into the garden until about 4am. I doubt the little ones will survive, and it will be hard to catch them if they come at that time because I will be asleep. Two of last years cubs have been coming, Minty and Rocky. Vin and Bic have been absent for a few days, most likely sick of the constant fireworks. Or they are digging earths for next years cubs...hope hope!

You are right in that a little of what you fancy does no harm, I prefer plenty of what I like. I eat chocolate every day, I don't bother too much with fussing over food, but I do also like healthy food. Good job or I would be unhealthy, hubby would be a dustbin if I let him. :oops: :lol:

I saw the kingfisher several times today, once I saw two of them, but I could not get a photo. They seem to see or hear me too soon. I got close to one on my way home, but a dog walker came the other way. The kingfisher did a lovely big poop as it flew past though. :mrgreen:

I haven't been fishing, I was going to go yesterday but it was so sunny, I went for a long walk instead. I am looking out for a dull or rainy to day to go now. It has been a while since I fished, so I must go soon. I dreamt about fishing the other night , and I caught something...so I'm hopeful. I also dreamt of cuddling a large bird, and I was saying 'look, I can stroke it! It is so friendly!' Silly Mrs Will. :lol:

Did you see autumn watch? It was great, I loved the garden full off foxes, even badgers. The woman had fed them for so many years, some were quite brave...it was fantastic. Have you been watching blue planet? Oh that s fabulous...I'm glued!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi Will. We had a good weekend thanks. We got wrapped up and went for a walk on Sunday evening in all the cold. We really enjoyed it, but I think we were the only people out. :lol:

Cuddles has gone missing again. I shine the torch through the window every night, but there's no sign of him. I hope he's cuddled up somewhere warm. The hen steals Pirate's breakfast every morning. He had his beak pressed up to the patio doors this morning. He needs a nappy, there's hen doddle everywhere. :( I wish he would go home. Pirate is growing fast. He was such a tiny little thing, but he's growing fast now. Thank Rudey for the big belly flop. :) He's sensible, keeping warm beside the radiator. I can picture him in a padded jacket and boots. He needs a bobble hat too. I can picture you in a reindeer onesie. You'll look lovely. There's no chance of the decs going up here on the 25th November.
Hubby keeps asking if you've got your decs up yet. :lol:

I'm pleased you're seeing the foxes. We saw one on the camera the other day. It was heading for next door's hens. We haven't seen a hedgehog for ages. We've had quite a few dead mice left for us.

We haven't been watching Autumn watch or blue planet. We don't watch much tv. I hope you enjoyed the film.

How's your Christmas shopping progressing? We just need to buy some wrapping paper now, and that's it. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi apples. I hope you were joking, just to confuse your hubby...of course you'll put your decs up early! December 4th at the latest. :mrgreen: I was so tempted to put the decs up this weekend, hubby was seriously tempting me to...but I resist! Next Friday I keep saying, and I will stick to it. :D But I did put some purple lights on a tree behind the garden, they look gorgeous.

I'm in my panda onesie, hubby is very happy...silly hubby. He does like to tease me, when the reindeer one goes on he will never stop the teasing. :lol: I will have to buy him one...it would have to be a girrafe. :lol:

I have not done that much shopping yet, you are more organised over the shopping than I am. It will take me a few weeks to be fully shopped up for crimbo. I am trying to get good hints. :)

I went fishing yesterday but had no luck. I enjoyed it though, the kingfisher came to say hello. I saw a fish chase my lure, so I tried and tried to tempt it again, but it was wise to the game. Never mind, I will try again in another few days.

We bought a new washing machine...woop! Got rid of the crusty grey thing. Hubby would have fixed it but it would have cost too much on parts. So I got a lovely new white machine...yeah! I'm chuffed. :) Every time I looked in the garden room my eyes were drawn to the grey machine, and I was willing it to go wrong...and it did. Hahaaa

We found out which lodge we are in at at CP this year, I am super chuffed as it is where I had hoped it would be. We didn't specify a particular lodge this time, so you look at options on a map and then hope. :lol: Oh we cannot wait for this holiday, just love Center Parcs at Crimbo. :D. Rudey will know what is coming when he sees us put the decs up next week...cattery holiday...not so yeah. :( Poor baby.

The film was good, I had forgotten the original, so the end was a good surprise.

I hope you have a good weekend, we will walk tomorrow, then have a nice crackling roast with mulled wine. :D We are being quite lazy really.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi Will. No I'm not joking, our decs won't be going up early. We'll put them up a week before Christmas. :lol: We went for a walk yesterday in the dark, and saw quite a few Christmas trees. We enjoyed our walk, it wasn't as cold as we thought it would be. Your purple lights will look lovely. We'll have to find another tree in the garden for our lights. We cut the tree down that we used last year as it was getting too big. We'll find somewhere.

Happy new washing machine. I bet you're washing everything in sight. :lol: Our machine is white. Our last one was silver, and I never liked it. Have you got a tumble dryer? Our last one was one of those that was a fire risk so we scrapped it and got a new one.

You'll look a picture in your onesie. Hubby must be tall if he'd have to be a giraffe. :)

I'm very organised this year with the Christmas shopping. We still need some wrapping paper and bags, and then that's it.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your fishing, you'll catch a fish next time. :) CP will be here before you know it, I'm glad to got a good lodge.

We haven't seen Cuddles for over a week now, just Pirate and the hen. Pirate likes to be stroked now. Every time we take some food out for Pirate the daft hen comes to eat it. He was flying about yesterday. I can't understand why he doesn't want to go back home. Any sign of the hedgehogs?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi apples. You say you won't be putting the decs up early, but when you go out for a walk one dark night...santas degrinchers will decorate your house so you can see it from space...they are under strict orders to do this by December 4th! :lol:

I put a temp file on the tube, let me know when you have seen it. Poor little flat fish got dredged up by my lure...oh I did feel bad as it died. So I have killed a fish, although not on purpose. This was Sunday, I went for a short session and only caught that little fella. :oops:

Yes we also have a dryer, and we changed it for one that would not burn the house down, just like you did. Again I was glad because I got a better one and it was white. :)

I do look a picture in my onesie, a silly picture. :lol: Hubby is very tall, and would look so funny dressed as a giraffe. Santas little helper would look far more funny though.

I hope you find a tree to put some lights on, you will need at least one job to do with the decs after the degrinchers have been...they will allow that. :mrgreen:

The hen has it much better at your place, that is why it won't go home. I think it is very funny. :lol: you could give it some
Turkey at Christmas.

We haven't seen the hedgehogs for a couple of days, I keep putting food out just in case they do come back. Foxes never came last night? I worry about them.

Must go, got dinner on and we are hank!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi Will. I thought you'd like to see this photo. These trees always look lovely at this time of year, but they're extra special this year. :)

I'll chase Santa's little helpers when I'm chasing the hen. :lol: We saw a Christmas tree the other night that would be seen from space. It was a bit OTT.

I've looked at the temp file. Thank you. Poor little fish, but it's bound to happen sometimes. You didn't kill it on purpose.

Hubby will look good in a giraffe onesie. I didn't know if he's tall, or whether he just has a long neck. :lol: :wink:

The hen was pacing round the patio this morning, and Pirate was sitting on the seat. The hen has his breakfast first and then Pirate finishes it off. You wouldn't think the hen was funny if you had doddle all over the garden. :lol: Cuddles turned up last night. He was very fussy, but growling. He's funny when he growls. We'd had a visiting fox during the night.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby appledore » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:58 pm

I like the purple lights and Rudey is as cuddly as ever. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi apples, I love the autumn colour, just lovely! :) It has been good this year, and quite long lasting. You can't chase off Santa's little helper, the decs will be up by early December! :lol: Or Santa might die, and that would disappoint children...and some adults! :lol:

Sounds like the people with the tree and lights are merry souls, I approve! :lol: Show them astronouts what they are missing!

The hen pooping everywhere I suppose would be a nuisance, but it is still cute.

Yes poor little fishy, such a shame. I hope that doesn't happen again, but as you say fishing carries a risk of this happening. I have to accept that.

Hubby has very long legs, and a long body...funny if he had a giraffe neck too....he would then by eight feet tall and too tall to stand up in the house. :mrgreen:

Cats are strange when they growl, I only ever heard Tig or hear Rudey growl when with dead or live bird in chops. :(

I have promised a friend some before and after picture videos of our house from moving in to now. So I have temporarily uploaded them to the tube if you want to have a look too. You have probably seen most of what we have done already though...so it might be boring. :oops: It is easier to use the tube when I want to show images, as photobucket is no good any more and sending stuff via email is a nuisance for us. We are on a crap mail system and we seem to get issues sending large files.

Its pouring down today, and I have been stuck in the office so I don't really mind. I'm drinking myself silly with tea, and eating chicken drummers which I cooked earlier. I shared some with Rudey...he was very happy.

Only a couple of days and we will have the decs up! Just a week or so before you! :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi Will. We've seen the temporary videos on Youtube, and we both think your house is lovely. You've both worked very hard, and done a really good job. We could happily move in. We'd like somewhere like that with a manageable garden.
You're lucky to have all the trees round you. :)

The hen looked so funny today. She doesn't like getting her feet wet and she looked like she was doing the goose- step, only it would be the hen-step. If I knew your address I'd post her to you. :lol:

It's a horrible day, pouring with rain. We were going to go for a walk in the dark, but it's too wet.

Cuddles often growls, he's a funny cat. I don't think he'll come tonight. I hope he's somewhere warm and dry.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi apples. IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!! Well, it is in our home. :lol: We had a wonderful long weekend, we put the decs up on Friday, although still have some more lights to put outside this weekend. It took hours and hours to sort it all...we were pooped by the end of the day. On Sunday I did a lovely roast dinner, and it felt very Chrstmassy. :D When it is not raining we will walk every evening now looking at other peoples decs, although no one else has any up yet, at least not that we have noticed. This weekend I think there will be some up.

Did you have a good weekend? Any sign of Santa's de-grinchers yet? They will creep up on you when you are least expecting it, and light up your home with huge amounts of crimbo cheer...is your hubby locking doors with padlocks, bolts, setting traps.... :lol:

I'm glad you like our home, it has come a long way since we bought it, although there's plenty left to do for later on. We feel very happy with it, and don't want any more mess and upheaval, just want to enjoy it. We could have replaced the doors ages ago, but I couldn't bare the mess it will leave everywhere when the decor is still really good...so I chickened out. :lol:

A school friend from London has been in touch, she has bought a one bed flat in London (three times the price of our house) and it is a mess! So I tried to convince her that it could be improved without spending major money...but she said the kitchen and bathroom are so terrible they have to be ripped out. But she did like the things we have done to improve our home and garden. She wishes she could afford a house with even a small garden, but not where she lives. :( I don't understand why anyone wants to live in London full stop. But each to their own. She did say she will do some before and after videos for us when she's finished, and I bet she spends a fortune. :lol:

If you can post the hen to us 'that would be great' Rudey says. He's licking his lips, he's never allowed such large meals usually. :lol: I laughed about the hen not wanting her feet wet and goose stepping, funny thing is, Rudey does the same. We put him out in snow once, and you would have thought the floor was boiling hot! :lol:
You could put a ring of water around the bowl to stop her eating the cats food, but that might also put the cats off?

I'm going for a walk now, and then I'm going to try and finish my Christmas shopping. Just a few presents to get, then I'll post stuff off in early December. Have you bought your wrapping paper yet? We have tons of the stuff, it will keep us going for another year or two yet.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi Will. You had a busy weekend. I told hubby you said it's Christmas, and he said it's always Christmas at your house. :lol: It won't be Christmas here for a while. We had a walk in the dark on Sunday and we saw quite a lot of trees and lights. No one will get in our house to decorate it and cause havoc. We've even blocked the keyholes, and hubby is thinking of having a moat and drawbridge. :lol:

The hen has been standing to attention outside the back door most of the day. I feel sorry for it, but hubby says there's nothing to stop it going home. Pirate didn't turn up until lunch time today, and the hen ate his grub. Still no sign of Cuddles. I shone the torch through the window last night and Pirate appeared. He was very hungry. :(

We wouldn't like to live in London either. It's a lot to pay for a one bed flat. I agree you can greatly improve a house without spending a fortune. I hate getting work done. Even when we're doing it ourselves I don't like the mess, and when we have to get someone in to do it it drives me mad. We didn't get all the decorating done that we intended doing this year, but we'll get there.

We got rolls and rolls of wrapping paper. Toys take a lot of paper. Everything is in a big box. I haven't started wrapping presents yet.

We had some snow this morning, but it didn't lie. It's supposed to snow for most of tomorrow.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi apples, hope you are both well. We have put some more xmas lights up outside, they look lovely. We have been having walks to look at decs at nights, there's loads up now...oooh it is exciting! Not long now till the holiday. We are very excited about CP now, I keep seeing bits of the park in my head. all the lovely decs, swans, swimming pool, and woodland etc.. Funny how you remember more of a place the closer you come to visiting again. :D

We bought some cheap bird food on the weekend to take to CP, don't really want to pour sunflower hearts all over the park. :lol: Now I just have to sift through a sea of junk in the shed to find some spare feeders to take. It is a shame you can't fish on the lake this time of year, or I could add that into the festive fun. :mrgreen:

I haven't been fishing for a while, I meant to go on Sunday and we went out to a garden centre instead and for a meal later on. I should go this weekend whilst Hubby is working on the garage. I do know about some fishing goodies to unwrap this Christmas though. :)

What have you been up to? Have the degrinchers been yet? You can't lock them out you know! They magically appear in your home, wave their creepy little hobbit like fingers around and lights and trees appear..you will walk in to this :arrow: https://christmas.symbolics-dk.com/smal ... MyHoWw.jpg Oooops I mean this :arrow: https://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dyna ... 172506.jpg :lol: :lol: :lol: Even I can't stand the thought of that madness. :lol: But they are on strict orders to spread Christmas cheery decs throughout your home...so they are coming! :wink:

Go on apples, get the decs up before the degrichers put a blow up Santa in your lounge, which is so huge you won't be able to squeeze by! :mrgreen:

We haven't had any snow yet, not sure we'll get a white Christmas. We usually get a white Jan or Feb. It has been cold, but not freezing for a few days. Rudey sends a cuddle and a belly flop, he says he would visit you if he could, especially around the CP hols...he would rather be wild and hungry than in the cattery...poor baby. :(

Is the hen still around? I bet she doesn't want to go home, or she would. Mr Apples is quite right about that...but so wrong about Christmas decs!!!! Get those decs up apples!!!! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi Will. We're both fine thanks. Hope you're both well. :) We thought you'd be busy putting some more lights outside.
There are lots of decs popping up all over now. Not here though. :lol: Another week and we'll dig our lights out. I said to hubby it's the season to be jolly, and he said to be a wally more like. :lol:

The birds at CP will look forward to you arriving with some food. We bought some fat balls and peanuts, but the birds don't seem very bothered about them.

It's very cold and windy today, too cold to go for a walk tonight. :( I like the reindeers. :lol: I saw a very funny decoration, but I daren't put it on here. It's too rude. You'd be shocked. :oops: A room like that would drive me round the bend. There would be advantages though, you wouldn't have to do so much housework as you wouldn't be able to find the carpet or the furniture. :lol:

Rudey would be very welcome here, he'd get plenty of love and cuddles. We'd love to see him. :) Pirate is still coming, and the hen is still here. He was trying to get into the house the other day. Pirate likes chips, prefers them to cat food.
Still no sign of Cuddles. We miss him.

I hope you both have a lovely time at CP.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Photography