good lens for portrait

A chance to show off your photography talents

good lens for portrait

Postby jacquely » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:58 am

What's your recommendation for a good lens for portrait and a beginner zoom lens? I need a good lens for portrait and also a zoom lens (other than 18-55mm). Please tell me your recommendation based on your experience. Actually, it would be great if there is a zoom lens that is also great for portraits, so I don't have to buy 2 different lenses. I use a Nikon D60, btw. THANKS!
jacquely

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: good lens for portrait

Postby gardenlaw » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:04 pm

A fixed focus would be Nikon 50mm f2.8 AF and a zoom could be Nikon 28-70mm 2.8D
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Postby pelynda » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:35 am

How do I ask strangers to pose for portrait photos? Every so often I see people in the street ect that just look interesting I would love to do portrait shots of them. I am an older man and most of the interesting people are men but some women are nice as well. Have no interest in children as a model. How do I go up to someone whithout them getting the wrong idea? My motives are only for portraits not anything else!
pelynda

Postby gardenlaw » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 am

This is a video of Clay Enos and his answer is to be "aggressive" and straightforward. He is American in America and that may be a lot to do with it. You have to be comfortable with being rejected http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQHJcmpoAvM
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Return to Photography