An Army Of Swans

A chance to show off your photography talents

An Army Of Swans

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:45 am

After devouring a loaf of bread they had duck pate.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: An Army Of Swans

Postby appledore » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Good photo Will. A group of swans is called a bevy, or a wedge if they're in the air. You learn something new every day. :lol: Aren't they lovely and white? Someone's mother has used Persil. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby arborlad » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:35 pm

That photo would make a good jigsaw :)
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:41 pm

appledore wrote:Good photo Will. A group of swans is called a bevy, or a wedge if they're in the air. You learn something new every day. :lol: Aren't they lovely and white? Someone's mother has used Persil. :lol:

I didn’t know that apples, thanks. The bevy was even bigger than what I photographed! About 50 were visible in one spot. :lol:

arborlad wrote:That photo would make a good jigsaw :)

It really would wouldn’t it! :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby arborlad » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:24 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:

A bit of Googling couldn't find a free download, but I'm sure they're out there :)
arborlad

arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 pm

arborlad wrote:

A bit of Googling couldn't find a free download, but I'm sure they're out there :)

http://www.alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk/perso ... uzzles.htm

I found a few sites who can turn your photo in to a jigsaw puzzle, it is such a good idea!!!! I'm going to get one for my father-in-law, I never know what to buy for him. arborlad...you're a genius! Thank you. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:10 pm

appledore wrote:Good photo Will. A group of swans is called a bevy, or a wedge if they're in the air. You learn something new every day. :lol: Aren't they lovely and white? Someone's mother has used Persil. :lol:

I didn’t know that apples, thanks. The bevy was even bigger than what I photographed! About 50 were visible in one spot. :lol:

I didn't know that either Will. Isn't Google wonderful?

It will make a good jigsaw. It'll be a difficult one, all the swans look the same. Except to another swan of course. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby arborlad » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: arborlad...you're a genius! Thank you. :D

I can think of at least one on this forum that would give you an argument on that, but thanks anyway :)

I used to use a site called JigZone, which was great fun and very addictive, but it was connected to another site which was blamed for a lot of the spam/viruses doing the rounds - JigZone is still there - but beware!!

Saw a jigsaw once that was just baked beans, no plate, nothing - just beans :twisted:
arborlad

arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:02 pm

appledore wrote:I didn't know that either Will. Isn't Google wonderful?

It will make a good jigsaw. It'll be a difficult one, all the swans look the same. Except to another swan of course. :wink:

I need Google just to stay alive! :lol: Most swans do look the same, but in Center Parcs Sherwood, I recognise most of them and they have inventive names like bread eater 1, bread eater 2, bread eater 3 and so on. :oops:

arborlad wrote:I can think of at least one on this forum that would give you an argument on that, but thanks anyway :)

Saw a jigsaw once that was just baked beans, no plate, nothing - just beans :twisted:

Well, I am not a genius…no one can argue with that. :lol: I like the idea of the baked beans jigsaw, I now have an even better prezzy idea for dad, if he is naughty. :twisted:
You have made my day. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:27 pm

[I need Google just to stay alive! :lol: Most swans do look the same, but in Center Parcs Sherwood, I recognise most of them and they have inventive names like bread eater 1, bread eater 2, bread eater 3 and so on. :oops:

I bet they recognise you too Will. They'll say here comes the bread thrower. :)

I like jigsaws. I can remember when I was young, and I'd be doing a jigsaw on the dining table. I'd nearly finish it when my mam would say 'put your jigsaw away now, it's teatime I need the table'. :evil:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm

appledore wrote:I bet they recognise you too Will. They'll say here comes the bread thrower. :)

I like jigsaws. I can remember when I was young, and I'd be doing a jigsaw on the dining table. I'd nearly finish it when my mam would say 'put your jigsaw away now, it's teatime I need the table'. :evil:

I let the swans practically beat me up, so many people are afraid of them when half a dozen or so come waddling at high speed for bread, but not me. I want them to knock me over and mug me for the bread, I just love swans, I am always happy when I have fed them until they bloat. :lol: Last year in Wales some fairly aggressive swans took me by surprise and grabbed the bag, but I just grabbed it back and they became a little more friendly, but not Center Parcs friendly. :shock: They were grabby and crabby!

My mum gave me and my brother a 5000 piece jigsaw, a million arguments later and we got it finished. My mum took a photo of us with smiles so big, you would think we had won a sack of toys. But really it was relief! Once you start a jigsaw, it seems life threatening not to finish. You could almost lose sleep thinking about the last piece going missing. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Photography