A cute Gecko and Canibalfly

A chance to show off your photography talents

A cute Gecko and Canibalfly

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Baby Gecko watches you sleep, then swallows you whole. :shock:

We need these canibalflies in the UK to eat wasps! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: A cute Gecko and Canibalfly

Postby appledore » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi Will. I think I'd rather have the wasps, but they could eat all the horrible big spiders. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:35 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. I think I'd rather have the wasps, but they could eat all the horrible big spiders. :)

Hi apples. I would love a spider eating insect, I just have to choose one I'm not scared of first...perhaps a spider eating gecko instead. :D

Whilst we sipped pina colada, canibalfly sipped wasp bum. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:46 pm

It sounds like you've been having fun in the sun. :), and now you're back to the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, not to mention the rain. I want to plant some pansies, but it won't stay dry long enough :x
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:51 pm

appledore wrote:It sounds like you've been having fun in the sun. :), and now you're back to the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, not to mention the rain. I want to plant some pansies, but it won't stay dry long enough :x

We have had fun in the sun, factor 50 and a sun hat though, we are very sensible like that. :lol:

It is raining, but I'm glad as it has filled the water butts and watered the garden, so I don't have to. I was going to plant some more flowers, but I think I'll wait for spring time now. The garden looks nice and green with hints of red and brown with the beech tree leaves, I kind of like it that way. There's a few flowers left, but they are on their way out, especially after a lot of hail.

Oooooooh we can't wait for Christmas now, we have one more holiday between now and crimbo, I'll have the decs up in November and be singing xmas tunes till I'm silly. :mrgreen:

When you plant pansies, are they winter flowering and what month do they come out? :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:11 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:When you plant pansies, are they winter flowering and what month do they come out? :)

Yes, they're winter flowering, or supposed to be. They're flowering when we plant them, but there's not much colour over the winter, then they flower in the spring. We just do a hanging basket and a few pots. We put some crocus bulbs and miniature daffodils in as well. We have a hanging basket that we bought a few weeks ago. It's pale purple and white violas. It looks lovely, but I don't think it'll last through the winter.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:20 pm

appledore wrote:Yes, they're winter flowering, or supposed to be. They're flowering when we plant them, but there's not much colour over the winter, then they flower in the spring. We just do a hanging basket and a few pots. We put some crocus bulbs and miniature daffodils in as well. We have a hanging basket that we bought a few weeks ago. It's pale purple and white violas. It looks lovely, but I don't think it'll last through the winter.

They sound pretty, I hope they last a long time. :)

We planted some snowdrops last year, but they weren't that great. I think we need some new baskets, we will buy some next year. I did look in the sales, but couldn't find what I wanted. I haven't bought them with flowers in before, I might try that next year. I'm not a big flower lover, I like shrubs and trees more.

If we had land, we would have a wood, not a garden. I might just stretch to some wild flowers. :)

I feel like we are outgrowing our garden, but can't imagine it would be easy to move and find the ideal house with the ideal garden, in the ideal location.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:28 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[r. I'm not a big flower lover, I like shrubs and trees more.

If we had land, we would have a wood, not a garden. I might just stretch to some wild flowers. :)

I feel like we are outgrowing our garden, but can't imagine it would be easy to move and find the ideal house with the ideal garden, in the ideal location.

I prefer trees and shrubs too. We bought some more land when we moved here, and we've planted a lot of shrubs, and we plant some trees every year. I don't like gardens with regimented borders. It's easier to look after too. If you plant plenty of shrubs you can't see the weeds. :lol:

We often talk about moving to somewhere with a smaller garden, but I think we'd miss having a lot of space around us.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:16 pm

appledore wrote:We often talk about moving to somewhere with a smaller garden, but I think we'd miss having a lot of space around us.

I can really understand that, having land in my opinion, is far better than having a larger house on a crap plot.

We thought of moving last year, were getting ready to market, then the neighbours showed us just how much they would hate to see us leave, :wink: so we stayed.

Looking at houses in the area we were interested in was a real eye opener, we don't want a bigger house, just a bigger garden. The price tags for large gardens are huge! As prices have dropped in our area, but have held their own in the area we are interested in, we have been priced out anyway. :lol:

I only wanted a nice little house with a larger garden, I love our home and garden, but would like to stretch the garden by about 5 times its current size...not much to ask is it? :lol: :lol:

We count our blessings though. We have a nice home and a good life, many are struggling with huge mortgages and debts, some can’t even afford their own homes. We live within our means and we have a few holidays a year without worrying. You can't ask for more than that really. We have the most important things in life which come before money and all that and its love, happiness and health. As long as we are healthy and have each other, we can enjoy our cute little garden without feeling hard done by. :D

I think you probably feel the same way as us, you can't choose your neighbours wherever you live, but you can choose to be happy when you have the best things in life already. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:42 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I can really understand that, having land in my opinion, is far better than having a larger house on a crap plot.

. :)

I think it's better to have more land rather than a larger house. Our house isn't huge, but it's big enough for us. Having a large plot means we can keep the neighbours at a distance, maybe more of a distance would be good. If they were in the next county it would be even better. :lol: The only thing that concerns us is that as we're getting older the gardening seems more like hard work. We have someone to cut the grass and the hedges, but it still leaves a lot of work. We've looked at other houses with smaller gardens, but in a half hearted sort of way. Property isn't selling here, some property has been on the market for years, and I don't think it'll start to sell until the prices come down. I think we'll stay where we are for now. If we start to disappear behind the weeds we'll have to think again.

We're like you we live within our means. We don't have as many holidays as we did, but we're happy together and that's all that matters. We just laugh at the neighbours. :lol:

I still haven't planted the pansies, it's rained most of the day. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? I've bought a couple of pressies. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 pm

appledore wrote:I still haven't planted the pansies, it's rained most of the day. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? I've bought a couple of pressies. :)

It has rained here most of the day, I'm snuggled up with tea and home baked biccies. Hubby will be home soon so I need to get our dinner on quickly! :lol:

I haven't bought any pressies yet, but have a few ideas. Once I start shopping, it doesn't end till the holiday. :lol:

What did you buy apples? :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:58 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[It has rained here most of the day, I'm snuggled up with tea and home baked biccies. Hubby will be home soon so I need to get our dinner on quickly! :lol:

I haven't bought any pressies yet, but have a few ideas. Once I start shopping, it doesn't end till the holiday. :lol:

What did you buy apples? :)

What sort of biccies are they Will? I'm into baking at the moment, I made some cheese scones and chocolate buns yesterday.

I've only bought some sweets for Christmas, but I have lots of lists. :)

This is the second time I've posted this reply. I pressed the submit button and that woman with her laptop appeared on the screen (Ialways think of her as the woman in her pyjamas), and my message disappeared.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:11 pm

appledore wrote:What sort of biccies are they Will? I'm into baking at the moment, I made some cheese scones and chocolate buns yesterday.

I've only bought some sweets for Christmas, but I have lots of lists. :)

This is the second time I've posted this reply. I pressed the submit button and that woman with her laptop appeared on the screen (Ialways think of her as the woman in her pyjamas), and my message disappeared.

They are all butter almond cookies...yum yum...can't have less than four at a time. :mrgreen: Can you send me a chocolate bun down the line, they sound yummy! I'll send you a cookie...or four :D

I have bought some chocolates, I had forgotten about that. Whether they make it till Christmas depends on how well hidden they are. :oops:

The woman in her pj's is me! Not on your screen, but sat here with the laptop. :lol: I get in my pj's as soon as dinner is finished. :D Hubby calls me the princess and the pj's. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Photography