A pretty sunrise

A chance to show off your photography talents

A pretty sunrise

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Image
What a view this would be to wake up to every morning! :D
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.
 

Re: A pretty sunrise

Postby appledore » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 pm

It would be lovely to wake up to that view every morning. The mornings are getting lighter now, but isn't it cold?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2872
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: A pretty sunrise

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:29 am

appledore wrote:It would be lovely to wake up to that view every morning. The mornings are getting lighter now, but isn't it cold?


It is sooo cold, I don't know how long this cold spell will last, I hope not too long. I already see some wilters in the garden. At least it isn't as cold as last year. We went away for crimbo and came back and the temperature gauge read -11 :shock: I'm surprised the garden survived at all. :lol:

Have you seen icicles this year apples? We had loads the other day after some rain, it did look lovely. :)
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: A pretty sunrise

Postby appledore » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:55 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[It is sooo cold, I don't know how long this cold spell will last, I hope not too long. I already see some wilters in the garden. At least it isn't as cold as last year. We went away for crimbo and came back and the temperature gauge read -11 :shock: I'm surprised the garden survived at all. :lol:

Have you seen icicles this year apples? We had loads the other day after some rain, it did look lovely. :)


Hi Will. No, we haven't seen any icicles this year. We've had freezing rain overnight and today, and the paths are like a skating rink. We have a choisya in a pot that's looking a bit droopy. I think the cordylines would be dead by now if we had any. :lol: We've given up on those. Have you given up on them too? I bet the daffs wish they could go back into the bulbs until it's bit warmer. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2872
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: A pretty sunrise

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 am

appledore wrote:Hi Will. No, we haven't seen any icicles this year. We've had freezing rain overnight and today, and the paths are like a skating rink. We have a choisya in a pot that's looking a bit droopy. I think the cordylines would be dead by now if we had any. :lol: We've given up on those. Have you given up on them too? I bet the daffs wish they could go back into the bulbs until it's bit warmer. :lol:


Hi apples. I am not keen on cordylines, my mother-in-law bought me one and it died a few years later, probably from neglect. Then we bought one which turned in to a giant palm tree looking thing, so I naughtily stuck it under the vent to help kill it off in the winter. :oops:

Yes those poor daffs will be shivering in the cold, they thought it was all nice and spring like then BAM! Icicles for breakfast. :lol: Even our snow drops died in this freeze.

This is part of the reason I would like a garden which is trees and wild flowers, not much to worry about then, they kind of take care of themselves. I would just tend to flower baskets and perhaps a herb garden and some veggie patches…oh that would be nice. :)

Do you have a veggie patch apples?
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: A pretty sunrise

Postby appledore » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Will. We have icicles on the telephone wire today, probably from all the cold callers. :lol:
I can just picture you in the summer, floating round the garden in a long dress, with a big straw hat and a basket over your arm dead heading the flowers. Very genteel. :) I'd like a garden that was just grass and trees, as you say not much to look after.

No, we don't have a veggie plot. We had one but we were fighting a losing battle with the rabbits, and our carrots were about the same size as darning needles. :lol: We have fruit trees, they were here when we came.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2872
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: A pretty sunrise

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:24 pm

appledore wrote: Hi Will. We have icicles on the telephone wire today, probably from all the cold callers. :lol:



:lol: For the real cold callers, you get a shot gun out.

appledore wrote:I can just picture you in the summer, floating round the garden in a long dress, with a big straw hat and a basket over your arm dead heading the flowers. Very genteel. :) I'd like a garden that was just grass and trees, as you say not much to look after.

Oh yes, that is me, floaty and genteel. :)

appledore wrote:No, we don't have a veggie plot. We had one but we were fighting a losing battle with the rabbits, and our carrots were about the same size as darning needles. :lol: We have fruit trees, they were here when we came.


Awww rabbits are naughty, I don't know how you would keep them out of the carrots. I would probably hand it over to them, being a soft touch. :oops: Fruit trees sound nice, you can make some chutneys and nice puds with apple trees. Do you make your own goodies from the fruit, or just eat it all raw. Or do the rabbits jump up and eat them too? :lol:

http://www.thewordofmatus.com/wp-conten ... abbit6.jpg We have rabbits, we feed them dandelions, if they don't eat them, they eat clouds. :oops: :mrgreen:
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.
 

Return to Photography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest