Bumblebird

A chance to show off your photography talents

Bumblebird

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Image :wink:
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.
 

Re: Bumblebird

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Aw, he's lovely. I could cuddle him. We have two pink and white toadstools in the garden. I'll take a photo tomorrow as I don't know what sort they are.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2872
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: Bumblebird

Postby Geometer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Was that in your garden? 'cos it's not a British bird (looks like one of the Weavers, an African family)
Geometer
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Suffolk

Re: Bumblebird

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:26 am

appledore wrote:Aw, he's lovely. I could cuddle him. We have two pink and white toadstools in the garden. I'll take a photo tomorrow as I don't know what sort they are.

The only toadstools we find are brown. I’ll look forward to seeing pink and white ones, they sound like the Disney version. :)

Geometer wrote:Was that in your garden? 'cos it's not a British bird (looks like one of the Weavers, an African family)

They were in a bird house we visited, it might be a yellow crowned bishop. I took a photo of the board with all the details about the birds, but it was too blurred. It was boiling hot and the camera lens steamed up most of the time.
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Bumblebird

Postby appledore » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:13 pm

I know what he reminds me of now ............ a member of a life boat crew. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2872
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: Bumblebird

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 am

appledore wrote:I know what he reminds me of now ............ a member of a life boat crew. :lol:

Image
It is in the dress code....dry suit...bird head. :lol:
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Bumblebird

Postby Geometer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:They were in a bird house we visited,

Ah yes :oops: . I figured that out after seeing your other photos :)
Escaped Weavers (Bishops are Weavers, I believe) do sometimes turn up in gardens.
Geometer
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Suffolk

Re: Bumblebird

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Geometer wrote:Escaped Weavers (Bishops are Weavers, I believe) do sometimes turn up in gardens.


Yes they are weavers, and very cute ones indeed. I wish they would turn up in our garden, but the only brightly coloured bird we see is a goldfinch. We don't even get siskins or yellow hammer or yellow wagtail…I have run out of yellow birds now. :oops: :lol:
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Bumblebird

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
Geometer wrote:Yes they are weavers, and very cute ones indeed. I wish they would turn up in our garden, but the only brightly coloured bird we see is a goldfinch. We don't even get siskins or yellow hammer or yellow wagtail…I have run out of yellow birds now. :oops: :lol:


Escaped canaries. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2872
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: Bumblebird

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:40 pm

appledore wrote:Escaped canaries. :lol:


Probably from alcatraz, they over looked the fact that birds fly and get through bars. :mrgreen:
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.
 

Return to Photography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest