A Magnificent Beech Tree

A chance to show off your photography talents

A Magnificent Beech Tree

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:56 pm

A beautiful Beech tree with a trunk circumference of around 20 ft. As we approached the tree, we had no idea of it's size until stood next to it. Hubby could have wrapped around it twice and there would still be room for a little one. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: A Magnificent Beech Tree

Postby gardenlaw » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 am

We too have a fantastic beech tree in our field. The amount of wildlife they each support as well as being beautiful!
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:00 pm

gardenlaw wrote:We too have a fantastic beech tree in our field. The amount of wildlife they each support as well as being beautiful!

You are very lucky! Beech trees are one of my favourite trees. When one stands alone it grows in the most beautiful way, the shape is almost round. We have two small beech trees which we would one day like to plant somewhere. I'm not sure if we would plant them in a garden, unless it was huge! But we have many trees which we could donate to a planting scheme and return to see how they have done in a few years time, which would be nice.

We have even thought of buying a small piece of woodland one day, just to have as a nature spot for wildlife, a garden away from garden so to speak. If we can’t live in woodland, we will bring Mr and Mrs will to woodland!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... lation.JPG
This is a great image of Beech tree lovers. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 pm

That's a lovely tree Will. Are you tree huggers? You're welcome to plant some trees on our plot, there's plenty of room. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby Mattylad » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Yes a lovely tree - it needs a +/-9 yr old boy to climb it though - cant have nice big trees not being climbed - its against the law (not to) you know :lol:
Mattylad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 pm

appledore wrote:That's a lovely tree Will. Are you tree huggers? You're welcome to plant some trees on our plot, there's plenty of room. :)

We do like trees, I have been known to hug one or more of them. We could plant a nice Oak tree on your plot, it is sat in a pot looking...potty! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Mattylad wrote:Yes a lovely tree - it needs a +/-9 yr old boy to climb it though - cant have nice big trees not being climbed - its against the law (not to) you know :lol:

Never mind kids. I bet you would climb a big tree, and enjoy it more than most kids would. :wink: I know if we had a huge garden with huge trees, I wouldn't be able to resist the urge!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:22 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Never mind kids. I bet you would climb a big tree, and enjoy it more than most kids would. :wink: I know if we had a huge garden with huge trees, I wouldn't be able to resist the urge!

You could climb a tree together ......... me Tarzan, you Jane. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:06 pm

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Never mind kids. I bet you would climb a big tree, and enjoy it more than most kids would. :wink: I know if we had a huge garden with huge trees, I wouldn't be able to resist the urge!

You could climb a tree together ......... me Tarzan, you Jane. :lol: :lol:

I'll hang a big swing, then we can whoosh through the air at incredible speed eating our sausages laughing all day. if along comes a spider that sits down beside us, we'll bash that thing with a value bucket. I couldn't make it all rhyme, sorry. :oops: :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:17 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I'll hang a big swing, then we can whoosh through the air at incredible speed eating our sausages laughing all day. if along comes a spider that sits down beside us, we'll bash that thing with a value bucket. I couldn't make it all rhyme, sorry. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet and said shall we have a bbq or a buffet.

I'd run away if a spider sat beside us. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:11 pm

appledore wrote:Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet and said shall we have a bbq or a buffet.

I'd run away if a spider sat beside us. :lol:

:lol:

I would too! Imagine us free falling whilst running in thin air off of our swing! :lol: Sausages flying everywhere... :wink:

Hubby came in from the garden today with a spider on his trouser leg, and I screamed "slay the beast!" He waited so long!! It almost got to the bottom of his trouser leg and we know where it could have ended up!!!! I would have told him off if he had allowed it to disappear up there and he would have literally grown cobwebs...because I wouldn't trust that it had gone. :evil: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Photography