Jaws relaxing in garden

A chance to show off your photography talents

Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby appledore » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Image

Blacky, visiting cat, aka Jaws relaxing in the shade of the old Acer tree waiting for an unsuspecting ankle. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2884
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.
 

Re: Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:23 pm

appledore wrote:Blacky, visiting cat, aka Jaws relaxing in the shade of the old Acer tree waiting for an unsuspecting ankle. :lol:


Hi apples. How are you? :)

Awww he's lovely! Worth an ankle snack bite? :lol: He has a key hole in the middle of his face, I bet he hides his snacks in the head compartment. :lol: :oops:

Your acers are really nice, I see you still have your squirrel from the Wirral. :D

Ooooh and the Leylandii is looking good too! You should send a photo to that wonderful site...”The Leylandii Appreciation Society”. :lol: :wink:
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6216
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby appledore » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Will. I'm fine, hope you are too (and hubby). :) I think puss has had a ginger rinse, he's getting more and more ginger.
He does hide his snacks in the head department, he's a good eater, but a bit greedy.

We've been gardening this afternoon, we have some huge weeds this year with all the rain.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2884
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:38 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. I'm fine, hope you are too (and hubby). :) I think puss has had a ginger rinse, he's getting more and more ginger.
He does hide his snacks in the head department, he's a good eater, but a bit greedy.

We've been gardening this afternoon, we have some huge weeds this year with all the rain.


http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpre ... ankles.jpg Jaws will wear face paint for the next attack. :shock:

Maybe cats get ginger hair instead of grey? I wish my grey hairs would turn ginger instead! :wink:

All this rain has meant the garden is flourishing, everything seems to be growing like a weed. I have loved all this rain, I must be strange. :oops: Although we have also had some nice weather too, a couple of bbq's, still working on that smokeless one for you. :mrgreen:

If it is nice this weekend we might have another bbq, it certainly beats eating out. We have done a lot of eating out recently, today for lunch, and we were still hungry when we got home. We don't do small portions at home, so roll ourselves in after a bbq. :lol:
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6216
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby appledore » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:14 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpre ... ankles.jpg Jaws will wear face paint for the next attack. :shock:

:


:lol: :lol: I think that's his brother.

I'd rather have grey hair than ginger. I'm sure that anyone on the forum with ginger hair looks lovely, I just don't like it. :lol:

I'll come for a bbq when you find a smokeless one. So really you are eating out if you have a bbq, even though you're sick of eating out if you know what I mean. :wink: I don't get enough to eat when we eat out either, it's not that I'm greedy I just like to eat a lot.

Yes, we still have squirrel from the Wirral, he's quite old now. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2884
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:56 am

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpre ... ankles.jpg Jaws will wear face paint for the next attack. :shock:

:


:lol: :lol: I think that's his brother.

I'd rather have grey hair than ginger. I'm sure that anyone on the forum with ginger hair looks lovely, I just don't like it. :lol:

I'll come for a bbq when you find a smokeless one. So really you are eating out if you have a bbq, even though you're sick of eating out if you know what I mean. :wink: I don't get enough to eat when we eat out either, it's not that I'm greedy I just like to eat a lot.

Yes, we still have squirrel from the Wirral, he's quite old now. :lol:


Haahaaa yes I see what you mean, eating out. :lol: We do love to eat outside, we should pitch a tent and live in a field, cooking meals by gas stove. :mrgreen: I like to eat a lot too, I don't gain much weight, so can be a bit piggy if I like. :oops:

I actually love red hair, not so much ginger, but still think its nice...looks great on cats! 8) I had lovely chestnut brown hair, which I bleached. If I could have my youth back, I would have treasured that hair instead of being yucky blonde. :twisted: Oh the silly things you do when your young! :lol:

Squirrel from the Wirral is very cute. I wish we got more live squirrels around here, but there's not enough trees. Our next house must have loads!!!!! :P

Are you seeing any hedgehogs in your garden at the moment? We still get one or two a night, they hoover up anything the birds leave. I also chuck our the cats food which he has left, they love Iams! :lol:
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6216
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby appledore » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Will. I don't gain weight either, much to hubby's disgust. He just has to look at food and he puts weight on. :lol:
My hair is naturally fair (and grey). I used to lighten it when I was young, I don't think it did it any good. :roll: You're right we do silly things when we're young.

We haven't seen any hedgehogs lately, but we could hear one early one morning snuffling about. The robins like the cat biscuits, they sit in the bowl to eat them. We fastened the bird feeder onto the branch so the squirrels couldn't go off with it, but they pulled the plastic bottom off so we've got a metal one now.

Have you been doing any gardening? We're weeding and cutting stuff back, it's all a bit overgrown. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2884
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:08 pm

appledore wrote:Have you been doing any gardening? We're weeding and cutting stuff back, it's all a bit overgrown. :)


Hi apples. Yes, we are always pottering about in the garden, I have planted the baskets a couple of times this year. I didn't grow anything from seed, just bought stuff from the garden centre. We do like the garden to have some colour, lots of pansies in spring, then summer flowers once the pansies have a droopy session. It is all looking very pretty. I am keen to get gardening a bit more, we might move in a couple of years. We know the market is very slow, so don't expect it to happen overnight.

Looking at other properties, most have gardens with a little more scope than ours, although I passionately love our little garden and home, it is all about the feeling and happy memories. Still, it will be nice to get my hands in much more soil, just not my feet. :lol:

Do you spend most of your spare time in the garden in good weather?
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6216
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby appledore » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:30 pm

I've planted the baskets a couple of times this year too. It won't be long until it's time to plant the pansies for the winter.
I stopped growing from seed a long time ago, we just buy from the garden centre. Our first lot of bedding plants were from the supermarket. They were quite cheap, but they didn't do much so we had to buy some more, so they didn't turn out to be much of a bargain.

Yes, we do tend to spend most of our spare time in the garden. We've got behind this year with the wet weather, I've never seen such big weeds. I hope you manage to get a house with a bigger garden, nothing much is selling where we live.
We'll have to move at some point to somewhere with a smaller garden, but we'll stay here as long as we can. We have help with grass cutting and hedges now, and it's tidy as long as nobody looks too close. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore
 
Posts: 2884
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Re: Jaws relaxing in garden

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:16 pm

appledore wrote:Yes, we do tend to spend most of our spare time in the garden. We've got behind this year with the wet weather, I've never seen such big weeds. I hope you manage to get a house with a bigger garden, nothing much is selling where we live.
We'll have to move at some point to somewhere with a smaller garden, but we'll stay here as long as we can. We have help with grass cutting and hedges now, and it's tidy as long as nobody looks too close. :)


It looks lovely going from all the photos you have shared. So nice to have a big garden, but I can imagine it becomes very hard work. I hope when you do come to sell, you find somewhere nice, with nice neighbours too. :)

I can't believe I say this now, but I could spend all day in the garden! I'm laughing because I would have hated gardening a decade ago. :lol: Oh I would have thought it boring, but it isn't, it is wonderful.

It is harder to downsize in this market isn't it? We want to move to a different area, so not up-sizing too much, just more expensive where we want to live eventually. The trouble is, the market falling is only a good thing if properties in your chosen area fall in price.

It is a waiting game, so have to be patient. Mini Rome wasn't built in a day. :mrgreen:
User avatar
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG
 
Posts: 6216
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Location: Home Sweet Home

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.
 

Return to Photography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest