Let it snow let it snow let it snow

A chance to show off your photography talents

Let it snow let it snow let it snow

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Happy Christmas!

Anyone snowed under yet?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Let it snow let it snow let it snow

Postby appledore » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Will. That's the most purrfect snowcat it's pussible to make. :)

We haven't had much snow YET. Are you burried under ten foot drifts? We were just about flooded out a couple of weeks ago, just about needed a boat to get to the bin.

Have you got your tree and decs up yet? :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi apples. Glad you like snowcat. :)

We haven't had any snow yet! But it will come, well, a little of it I hope. :lol:

The decs have been up for weeks!!! :mrgreen: I know, I'm so keen. I just love Christmas and have to rush the decs up early.

Have you forced your humbug, I mean hubby to put the decs up yet? :wink:

Your house didn't flood did it apples? :shock:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm still working on the old humbug, I mean hubby. :lol:

No, the house didn't flood. Our back garden is quite a bit higher than the rest of the property, and when it pours down the water drains from the field behind us, and we end up with a big puddle near the garage. Our back lawn and greenhouse were under water too. We were cut off from the outside world for a couple of days as the roads round us were closed due to flooding, and then just to make matters worse we had a power cut. Not to worry, we came through it. :lol:

Have you had any flooding?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm glad your home didn't flood, it is a horrible thought. We haven't ever flooded here, it is always possible I suppose, but we hope it never happens.

Some roads flood around where we live, particularly the country lanes. Sometimes I can't walk the way I want to go due to floods, I sometimes ignore the sign and walk anyway and then stick my trainers in the wash when I get home. :lol: I won't be doing that when it is close to freezing though! :shock:

So humbug is hiding the decs and you need to find them whilst he is out one day! Hummm I will send you some emergency rations...humbug will be all warmed when he sees you have dressed him in his sleep. http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/ ... 501525.jpg :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Good idea about the emergency rations. That'll keep hubby out of the way while I put the decs up. :lol:

I'm always a bit frightened when there are floods. I imagine stepping in a puddle and going glug, glug, glug never to be seen again. It must be awful to have a flooded house and spending lots of money to put it right then the same thing happening again.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 pm

appledore wrote:Image

Good idea about the emergency rations. That'll keep hubby out of the way while I put the decs up. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Now you have the right idea...get those decs up quickly! :mrgreen:

It is awful to be flooded, I really feel sorry for those who are flooded several times over. Some insurance companies won't insure them anymore, it is so sad.

When we were looking at houses this year we went to a couple which were close to the river and thought 'no way'. We would love to be by water, but not in it! :shock:

But we never ended up selling, so are sat in our same snuggly grotto, dry and high on love and christmas. :D

Have you finished your crimbo shopping yet? We still have a few present sto get, but most of it is done and cards sent.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Hubby says just because he's turned into a sheep it doesn't mean you can pull the wool over his eyes and send emergency rations. :lol:

We were going to look at a house recently until we realised it was near a river. We wouldn't have given it a second thought at one time. I think in the winter we tend just to snuggle up and be cosy and warm, and not think about moving house.

I've spent all afternoon wrapping Christmas presents, and I feel all goggle eyed. :shock: I bet your presents were wrapped weeks ago. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 pm

appledore wrote:Hubby says just because he's turned into a sheep it doesn't mean you can pull the wool over his eyes and send emergency rations. :lol:

Ok, I can't pull the wool over his eyes, but I'll send shearers to shear his wool and replace it with tinsel! :lol: Humbug will soon have to give in to CHRISTMAS!!!! :mrgreen:

We have been wrapping presents for weeks, we will have a heavy car at crimbo. :D

I too feel very cosy winter time and don't want to bother with thinking of moving. It would be better in good weather, if you could choose when you move. :lol: I bet we'll live here a couple of years yet, it is a hard house to sell. We might rent it and move on in a couple of years if it doesn't sell. We will have saved more than enough by then. I don't feel worried by moving now I know we will be able to rent and move anyway. :D

What sort of presents do you buy your hubby? Does he give you hints or tell you he doesn't want anything? (But secretly does want stuff.) :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:06 pm

We moved here a few days before Christmas, and it was awful. We still had a Christmas tree, but it felt like we were camping. If you try to sell at this time of year you have viewers coming with dirty shoes. I don't like people coming into the house with their shoes on, but if you ask them to take them off sometimes their socks are so dirty they'd be better leaving their shoes on. :lol:

We're a couple of humbugs really when it comes to buying presents for each other. We usually just buy each other a small, silly present. We tend to buy what we really want when we want it. Do you buy a lot of presents for each other?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Hahaaaa we don't like shoes in the house either, I would put clean socks on the cat, but he much prefers filthy shoes. :lol:

We too buy everything we need when we need it, so it takes some thought at christmas. We probably will end up buying less for each other as we get older..I think? :? Maybe. :mrgreen:

I just think me and hubs are like big kids who love christmas and opening presents, and ending up rolling in a pile of wrapping paper once they are all opened. :lol: We spoil each other rotten. :D

Silly presents are the best ones though, something unexpected and thoughtful. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:We too buy everything we need when we need it, so it takes some thought at christmas. We probably will end up buying less for each other as we get older..I think? :? Maybe. :mrgreen:

You'll still find things to buy for each other when you get older Will. You'll be spoilt for choice....... a year's supply of denture fixative, elastic stockings, a knitted cover for the Zimmer, and if you're really lucky a musical pill box. The list is endless. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:03 pm

appledore wrote:
You'll still find things to buy for each other when you get older Will. You'll be spoilt for choice....... a year's supply of denture fixative, elastic stockings, a knitted cover for the Zimmer, and if you're really lucky a musical pill box. The list is endless. :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

As long as we reach a grand old age, we'll count ourselves lucky. That is if we can remember what day it is and all that. :lol: :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:16 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:As long as we reach a grand old age, we'll count ourselves lucky. That is if we can remember what day it is and all that. :lol: :wink:

I hope you reach a grand old age too, and if you stay as young at heart as you are now you won't go far wrong.
You probably won't know what day of the week it is, but you probably won't realise you don't know what day of the week it is so it won't really matter. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:19 pm

appledore wrote:I hope you reach a grand old age too, and if you stay as young at heart as you are now you won't go far wrong.
You probably won't know what day of the week it is, but you probably won't realise you don't know what day of the week it is so it won't really matter. :lol:

When hubby is off work, neither of us know what day it is! We are silly and young at heart, I hope we always feel this way. :D

You are very young at heart, it is the best way to be! We'll live forever even if we die in our sleep trying...we won't know about it either because we will have SD, or the after life doesn't exist. :lol: :lol:

So where is my Christmas prezzy? I have very high expectations!!! :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Photography