Birds and a tree rat

A chance to show off your photography talents

Birds and a tree rat

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:50 am

This swan (fallen angel) came to sleep by our villa, he was so adorable. :)
Herbert the tree rat ate through every fat ball we but out for the birds, but couldn't conquer the swing!
The swing..with nuthatch, blue tit and great tit. You do have to get crafty with these squirrels. :lol:

Happy New Year ! :D :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Birds and a tree rat

Postby appledore » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi Will. Happy New Year. :D I hope you had a good Christmas. We had a lovely time, lots of new toys to play with. (When our grandchildren weren't playing with them). :lol:

Herbert looks like he wants his tummy rubbing. The swan does look like a fallen angel. We had to buy a new peanut pecker today, the old one had been taken from together. :lol: Probably by a squirrel.

A little grey cat visits us occasionally, but we fed him all over Christmas. I think his owners (if cats ever have owners) must have gone away and left him to fend for himself. :cry: Did Mr. Puss have lots of turkey?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi apples. Happy New Year to you and Mr apples. We had a brilliant Christmas, glad yours was fun too. :D

I can see how feeders don't last when you have squirrels. Every holiday we have, we take cheap ones and tree rats eat through them in a week if they can get to them. :lol:

Awww poor little puss, good job he had you to look after him at Christmas. Our cat was in Auschwitz aka the cattery! He came home with many demands! :mrgreen: I keep telling him that he is better off in the cattery as he will be looked after and get his pills, but I just get the finger or his butt end. :lol:

All the decs are down now, are yours? I feel sad that crimbo has come to an end, can't wait for the next one, but I have to. :P

That swan only has part of one wing, he has a mate who isnt as sweet as him. We feed them heaps and put their food in bowls with water. They get so spoilt they nest at the villa once boxing day arrives. It is so funny getting up close to swans, they really are similar to dogs.They wag their tails for food, make piggy noises eating it and beg constantly. I kept tickling his belly and he just grunted but put up with it. :mrgreen: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Awww poor little puss, good job he had you to look after him at Christmas. Our cat was in Auschwitz aka the cattery! He came home with many demands! :mrgreen: I keep telling him that he is better off in the cattery as he will be looked after and get his pills, but I just get the finger or his butt end. :lol:

:

When our son and family go away they put their cat in a cattery, and when they phone to book him in the owner always say 'ah, the cat who bites'. I think he has everyone frightened. :lol:

We took our decs down yesterday, they don't look the same somehow when Christmas is over. :( Next Christmas will be here before we know it. :)

Aw, the poor swan. I wonder what happened to his wing. They sound really tame. What did you give them to eat?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Unfortunately our cat is much the same. The vets are very frightened of him, they have struggled to take blood to the point they had to give up. We should have named him Taz, after my favourite cartoon character. Looks cute, but is a little devil. :lol:

Promise Christmas will be here soon, I am getting the urge to put the tree up again, and play white Christmas!!! :wink:

We think wingy had been picked on so much when he was young by other swans, it can happen when there are too many and they are competing for food. Or it could have been an accident, I just don't know.

It seems sad when you see him spread his wings and he looks part swan and part chicken. But I think he is beautiful all the same and he is my absolute favourite. :) We feed them all mixed seed and peanuts, we put them in bowls with water, it all goes down a treat. We chuck a little bread out for the ducks when we are running low on the other stuff, which the swans go for as well. I would imagine they are fed it too much by most people, it can’t good for them in large doses.

The funniest thing was a squirrel eating a piece of bread which looked just like a baguette in his little paws. He was eating it like corn on the cob...very cute. :D

We saw robins eating from feeders, even saw one try to hang off of a fat ball upside-down like a blue tit does...strange! Have you ever seen them do that?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Unfortunately our cat is much the same. The vets are very frightened of him, they have struggled to take blood to the point they had to give up. We should have named him Taz, after my favourite cartoon character. Looks cute, but is a little devil. :lol:

?

Our son's cat is called Taz, or Azzy as our little granddaughter calls him. He has the vets frightened too, he bit one of them. :lol:

You could have left your Christmas tree up and just put a dust sheet over it, then you could have had a peep when you had withdrawal symptoms.

The swan with half a wing would be my favourite too. I tend to like things that are a bit scruffy and worse for wear. That's what I tell hubby anyway. :lol:

No, I haven't seen a robin eating from a feeder. They like to sit in the cat's bowl and finish off the biscuits.

I put the new feeder out today so we'll see how long this one lasts. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Ahhh a cat called taz..makes sense! :P I bet they all get a bit niggly when a thermometer is up their bottoms.

We have a tree with lights on all year round, and lots of other types of mood lighting as we call it. :lol: It gets me through till xmas. :wink:

Have you tried metal feeders? I don't know if they can chew through metal, although I bet they would try.

Any plans for January? It is a bit of a nothing month really, I think we will just snuggle and watch a lot of films. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:22 pm

I like to see lights in a garden. We have some solar lights, but I always think that they're a bit of a disappointment.

Our last feeder was metal, but I think we have a squirrel with a spanner. :lol:

January is a bit of a non event really, but it'll be better when it's lighter on a morning. I hate dark mornings. We have nothing planned.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 am

We love garden lighting, every solar light we bought didn't last very long. So hubby only puts in wired lighting now.

:lol: I wouldn't be surprised if your squirrels come with spanners, they are so clever. Did you see the program with the water skiing squirrels? Awww they can be such clever and sweet pets in the right hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgAsHxvypUs :mrgreen:

This squirrel obviously has mega fame, he seems to be on many programs. apples, get training your squirrels to assemble flat pack furniture and knock the skiing squirrel off his throne. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:This squirrel obviously has mega fame, he seems to be on many programs. apples, get training your squirrels to assemble flat pack furniture and knock the skiing squirrel off his throne. :lol:

A squirrel who could assemble flat pack furniture would be very useful. A plumber squirrel would be even better. Everytime we get some plumbing work done the problem is worse than it was before we started. :x

I wish the sun would shine. I hate living in the dark, it makes me feel like a mole. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:08 pm

appledore wrote:A squirrel who could assemble flat pack furniture would be very useful. A plumber squirrel would be even better. Everytime we get some plumbing work done the problem is worse than it was before we started. :x

I wish the sun would shine. I hate living in the dark, it makes me feel like a mole. :)

I should send hubby around to yours, he is great with plumbing, electrics and even flat pack furniture...I'm a very lucky girl! :lol: I'm rubbish at all those things. A set of drawers would end being a piece of fart. :mrgreen:

I'm strange, I really like the dark, I wouldn't like it all year. I relish every season, well, not so much summer if it is too hot. :lol: I must have been a mole in a past life, perhaps the one before I was Santa’s little helper.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Found one!!!!!! :lol:

If Joe the plumber doesn't do the job properly you can send hubby round. Mr. Apples is good at all sorts of things, but DIY isn't one of them although he does try. :)

I like it dark at night, and I've never been frightened of the dark, but I like cold, sunny days just like today.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:51 pm

appledore wrote:If Joe the plumber doesn't do the job properly you can send hubby round.

:lol: :lol: Nice one apples.

But if Joe doesn't do the job properly, I'm sending my squirrel round to make him! :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm

[quote="WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

But if Joe doesn't do the job properly, I'm sending my squirrel round to make him! :mrgreen:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Miss Whiplash could be the plumber's mate, if she doesn't trip over her bikini bottoms. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:45 pm

appledore wrote:Miss Whiplash could be the plumber's mate, if she doesn't trip over her bikini bottoms. :lol:

I'll send round the electrician whilst I'm at it, but he's already burst through his mankini! :lol: :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Photography