Birds and a tree rat

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Birds and a tree rat

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi apples. I hope your granddaughter is all better now, it isn't nice being poorly.

Those egg cup trees sound great, if you have a dinosaur to lay an egg for breaky! :lol:

Now this would be a wonderful tree to have in the garden, make you feel like T Rex all day everyday! :lol: :lol: http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... t+DINOSAUR
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:16 pm

This is a bad hair day tree. :lol:

I like the T Rex tree. Wouldn't it be a good idea if someone invented a spray that you could use when a tree had got to the size you wanted and you didn't want it to grow any more? You could use it one your hair too, it would save a fortune in haircuts.

Our little granddaughter is a lot better thanks Will. You can tell when she's really poorly as she stops talking. She's usually a little chatterbox. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm glad to hear your granddaughter is better. :)

I like the bad hair day tree, much like me, the hair is flyaway! :P

It would be great to make trees stay in shape, I would have to make them all look funny in some way. :mrgreen: I have already picked out the house I want :arrow: http://lh4.ggpht.com/__zoKJ77EvEc/TYOaH ... imgmax=800 :lol: All it needs is a bird shaped tree and we are good to go. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:24 pm

I'd like a house like that Will, especially if was full of cats. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:53 pm

appledore wrote:I'd like a house like that Will, especially if was full of cats. :D

And a catio! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:29 pm

I wouldn't know which cat to cuddle first, they're all lovely. If I had very long arms I could cuddle them all at the same time. :lol:

I was looking on a list of garden features to find something catlike, but couldn't find anything. However, I found a stumpery.
It's like a rockery, except you use old bits of tree. I haven't heard of one of those before. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:35 pm

appledore wrote:I wouldn't know which cat to cuddle first, they're all lovely. If I had very long arms I could cuddle them all at the same time. :lol:

I was looking on a list of garden features to find something catlike, but couldn't find anything. However, I found a stumpery.
It's like a rockery, except you use old bits of tree. I haven't heard of one of those before. :lol:

Hi apples.

Teehee it would be a cuddle factory that garden...Tesco would run out of cat food! :)

The stumpery sounds like a tree graveyard. :lol: Image

Image 100 of these might make the stumpery worthwhile. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:07 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Hi apples.

Teehee it would be a cuddle factory that garden...Tesco would run out of cat food! :)

The stumpery sounds like a tree graveyard. :lol: Image

. :mrgreen:

Hi Will. The photo looks just like our neighbours' garden. They keep chopping trees down and leaving the stumps. It looks a mess.

The cats are free range cats. :D

Mr. Apples has man flu ........ oh the joy. :roll:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:13 am

appledore wrote:Hi Will. The photo looks just like our neighbours' garden. They keep chopping trees down and leaving the stumps. It looks a mess.

The cats are free range cats. :D

Mr. Apples has man flu ........ oh the joy. :roll:

Your neighbours sound like divs! :roll:

The cats are free range, and they are magical cats too! Water them and they multiply, we'll take over people's gardens with free range cats in no time! :twisted: No one can moan, when they've give a free range cat a home. Their tom tit is green and can never be seen. :oops: :lol:

Awww bless, poor Mr apples! Emergency medication coming right up. http://www.manflu.com/images/manflu.jpg Shhhhh 100% placebo effect, works in 100% of life threatening man flu cases. :wink:

I hope Mr Apples feels better soon. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:06 pm

I made hubby some nice hot soup, but he soaked his feet in it. :lol: I'll tell him you hope he's better soon. He doesn't get much sympathy from me. :oops: :lol: He's better in health than temper at the moment. :lol: I'll give him the man flu medicine.

We had a woodpecker on the peanut pecker today.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:02 pm

:lol: :lol: Soaked his feet in hot soup, tell him not to cross the road. If he does, don't ask him what is the other side, he'll lose his noodles. :oops:

Awwww poor Mr apples...there there, woo, well then! :lol: I know what will change his mood..........nurses uniform. :mrgreen:

Lucky you seeing wood peckers, we never see them in our garden. Were they green or greater spotty ones?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:00 pm

[quote="WILL*REMAIN*STRONGAwwww poor Mr apples...there there, woo, well then! :lol: I know what will change his mood..........nurses uniform. :mrgreen:

Lucky you seeing wood peckers, we never see them in our garden. Were they green or greater spotty ones?[/quote]

I think I'll be matron. That'll sort him out. :lol: Hubby says thank you for the Man Flu medicine, he feels much better. You wouldn't think so. :roll:

It was a greater spotted woodpecker. It's difficult to take a photo as they're so nervous.

It's a horrible, cold day today, and it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. :x
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby ukmicky » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:39 pm

The only way too stop squirrels getting to any bird feeder is to give them a feeder of their own so they leave the birds ones alone.

However in dong that your lawn will then get dug up when they bury anything they dont eat
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby appledore » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:36 pm

ukmicky wrote:The only way too stop squirrels getting to any bird feeder is to give them a feeder of their own so they leave the birds ones alone.

However in doing that your lawn will then get dug up when they bury anything they dont eat

I've just been looking at squirrel feeders. It's a good idea, but they'll probably eat their food and then start on the bird's nuts.
The squirrels are very destructive, they often pull the bottom out of the bird feeder so that all the nuts fall on the ground.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Hubby says if we ever move to a house with more tree and squirrels, he will make something like this :arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG2bjWc678s Oh how fun! :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Photography