Birds and a tree rat

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Birds and a tree rat

Postby appledore » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I like that. Ask hubby if he'll make one for us too. :)

Have you got snow? It's been snowing heavily most of the day here. I'm sick of it, and wish it would go away. :x
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:00 pm

We have had snow on and off all day, and it is very cold! I can't say I'm thrilled with snow in March, not after last year’s lovely weather. It just doesn't feel Christmassy now, just cold. You can't get on and do things in the garden can you? I know I want to give everything a paint and plant flower, but it is just too cold and wet to do anything.

Thinking about feeding squirrels, when we go to Center Parcs they just go for everything. The more difficult you make it for them, the more determined they get. We use thin string to hang fat cakes and they get so niggly trying to get to them. We also greased the pole of the patio table and balanced it on chairs, then put a little peanut butter at the top to make them drool, oh they never stopped trying! :lol:

We also stacked up a log pile and buried nuts underneath...it took them no time to dismantle it enough to find the stash. I think squirrels are great fun, if we had squirrels in the garden they would become tame in no time...and fat! :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm like you Will, I'd love to be able to get the garden tidied up a bit. It just starts to dry up and it snows again. It's still cold today, but not as cold as yesterday.

Squirrels are very determined creatures, they like a challenge. I threw some wrinkly apples out for the blackbirds this afternoon. I bounce them across the lawn (humming the Dambusters March), and they come running from underneath the bushes. They like the apples whole, if I cut them up they don't eat them. I've never seen fat balls disappear so quickly.
I have a full time job looking after the birds and visiting cats, but that's how I like it. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:05 pm

appledore wrote:I have a full time job looking after the birds and visiting cats, but that's how I like it. :)

:) That is so nice. It is a lovely feeling when you look after the visiting wildlife. I would love to live in a woodland lodge, surrounded by trees and wildlife. And it would also be wonderful to have a brook running through the woodland....oooh :D

I have never seen a Kingfisher and I am keen to see one this year. Have you seen one up close? I saw Oystercatchers today, or at least I think they were Oystercatchers, they had long tufts on their heads, so I am not entirely sure. :?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 am

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote: I saw Oystercatchers today, or at least I think they were Oystercatchers, they had long tufts on their heads, so I am not entirely sure. :?

Silly Will, they were Lapwings. :roll: I have to get better at this bird spotting. :lol:

Someone else thought they were Oystercatchers, so I'll put them right. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:19 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I have never seen a Kingfisher and I am keen to see one this year. Have you seen one up close? I saw Oystercatchers today, or at least I think they were Oystercatchers, they had long tufts on their heads, so I am not entirely sure. :?

No, I haven't seen a Kingfisher up close. They're lovely birds.

You'd have to put your woodland lodge on stilts incase the brook flooded. It would be lovely to live away from everyone, but it would be good to have some good shops just out of sight. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm

appledore wrote:You'd have to put your woodland lodge on stilts incase the brook flooded. It would be lovely to live away from everyone, but it would be good to have some good shops just out of sight. :wink:

Yes we want a house on stilts, perhaps a tree house, and a Tesco around the corner. No neighbour's, unless of the feathered fluffy kind.

Or maybe this house... http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6538 ... c383_z.jpg :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:16 pm

If you lived in that house, it would be all roads lead to home. :) I can see you and hubby wandering home from the fish shop.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 pm

appledore wrote:If you lived in that house, it would be all roads lead to home. :) I can see you and hubby wandering home from the fish shop.

We would wander home after fishing with our catch of the day. Hubby would peel potatoes whilst I put the fishies in the large fish tank called the cat teaser...then we would eat chip butties. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:We would wander home after fishing with our catch of the day. Hubby would peel potatoes whilst I put the fishies in the large fish tank called the cat teaser...then we would eat chip butties. :mrgreen:

A lovely domestic scene, I can just imagine you and hubby. Hubby would be saying 'will ten potatoes be enough for you Will, or are you really hungry?' :lol: I love chip butties, especially with tomato ketchup. Yum Yum. :)

Is this winter ever going to end? We had snow flakes as big as saucers yesterday, and it's supposed to snow again tonight. It's been such a dark, miserable day today.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:59 pm

appledore wrote:A lovely domestic scene, I can just imagine you and hubby. Hubby would be saying 'will ten potatoes be enough for you Will, or are you really hungry?' :lol: I love chip butties, especially with tomato ketchup. Yum Yum. :)

Is this winter ever going to end? We had snow flakes as big as saucers yesterday, and it's supposed to snow again tonight. It's been such a dark, miserable day today.

Mmmmm chip butties with ketchup are yummy! http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4007/4525 ... 27205e.jpg This is also very yummy. :mrgreen:

We didn't have much snow, but it has been cold and rainy. I think April might be better, well I'm hoping so. Otherwise the garden can't be spruced up.

I can see everything budding now, even the flowers are hanging on by a thread. It is funny how some things never seem to stop growing, ivy for instance, our ivy just takes over if you are not careful. I was going to plant Russian Vine last year, but I might think again! :shock:

Are you sat by a warm fire in the evenings then? I know our heating has been turned up for the last week or so, but no snuggly fire here...we recline on the sofa with a blanket and a cat. Can't seem to sit down without that thing jumping on us, he is like a cosy to a tea pot. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi Will. Those sausages look lovely. I caught man flu from hubby, so I've been a bit orffff, but my appetite is coming back now. :) Are they value sausages or posh ones?

The daffs seem to be stuck half open, they just need a bit of warmth and they'll flourish, just like us. We planted a Russian Vine a few years ago, but we dug it out the following year. We'd never seen anything grow so fast. :shock:

We're nice and cosy, b ut we don't have a snuggly fire. What you need is a slanket, get a double one then you can both get in. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi apples.

Awww poor you, with girly flu. What you need is a nice box of chocolates, not a litter tray though! :lol:

The sausages are posh ones, and they are stuck in smash potato...it makes ones nosh more posh!

You can get a twin slanket, but hubby is bigger and taller, so he would hog my side. It would be fun though, we could try to have a race around the house. :mrgreen: With a chocolate egg and spoon.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:06 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:You can get a twin slanket, but hubby is bigger and taller, so he would hog my side. It would be fun though, we could try to have a race around the house. :mrgreen: With a chocolate egg and spoon.

You could both get into a single slanket and have a three legged race round the house. :lol:

I think we might have some sausage and mash tomorrow.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:47 pm

appledore wrote:I think we might have some sausage and mash tomorrow.

Did you have bangers and mash? We did last night. :) Tonight is pizza night, with cheesecake to follow. This cold weather sure makes you hungry! :D

Are you snowed in apples? We had a bit of snow but it thawed really fast, we have just had gales the past few days, and it isn't going to get much better any time soon. :|
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Photography