Pretty Scenery

A chance to show off your photography talents

Pretty Scenery

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed May 15, 2013 10:45 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Pretty Scenery

Postby appledore » Wed May 15, 2013 4:16 pm

:D :D :D :D

Lovely photos Will. I feel like I could walk into them. The leaves are a lovely fresh green at this time of year. Our Magnolia has had no flowers this year, but it's in leaf now. The flowers were half open last year when the frost got them, so it's probably decided not to bother this year. :lol: We bought an azalea a few weeks ago and it's covered with really bright red flowers. It's really cold today, it feels more like winter.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed May 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi apples. It is a shame your magnolia didn't flower, they are so pretty. We see a lot of magnolia trees around where we live, they have flowered, so our weather must have been less severe.

We have one azalea in flower, but it is a poor show really. The other one I thought was dead looks to have new buds, so there is hope.

It was raining a lot this morning, but then it brightened up and was lovely all afternoon. :) I'm happy when it rains, we have a pot plant garden and only part is being watered with an irrigation system. I didn't want tubes hanging out of every pot, so I have to water a lot. Not that it is a bad chore...I'm not that lazy...honest! :wink:

So have you any thoughts to what trees I can plant in your garden? :mrgreen: If I plant any more saplings in pots it will look like a forest to tiny midgets. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu May 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi Will. It's been a much better day today, nice and sunnny, but still cool. Just how I like it. :D

We have a lot of pots too, so it certainly saves a lot of work when it rains. I wouldn't want tubes hanging out of the pots either. I've put beach pebbles on top of most of the pots, they look lovely and keep the moisture in. The black birds push them off, even though the pebbles are quite big.

We were looking at some bedding plants this afternoon, but decided to wait a bit longer as it's still very cold at night.

You can plant any trees you want in our garden Will. Mr. Apples likes growing things from cuttings. I found a small twig from a flowering currant lying on the ground and hubby stuck it in the ground and it's got leaves on it now. He must have green fingers. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon May 20, 2013 8:47 am

Hi apples. I hope you have had a nice weekend with some sunshine. It was a beautiful day here yesterday. :D

We put pebbles and stone chippings on top of some pots. I bought some expensive glass chippings for one pot and the plant grew so fast it covered them in no time. :lol: But before the plant grew across the stones, birds would pick them out. I was forever picking these little glass chippings up off the patio, never again!

I used to plant plugs in our flower baskets and the birds would pick them out, so I started to grow some lobelia on the kitchen window sill. We have grown Rowan from berries picked from the Highlands, they are growing beautifully.

Have you done some planting this weekend? Made any room for the trees we are bringing to plant? 1 oak, 1 beach, 4 birch, 3 poplar, 6 rowans, 1 whitebeam, 3 willows and 4 holly. I do hope you have room! :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon May 20, 2013 6:35 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Have you done some planting this weekend? Made any room for the trees we are bringing to plant? 1 oak, 1 beach, 4 birch, 3 poplar, 6 rowans, 1 whitebeam, 3 willows and 4 holly. I do hope you have room! :wink:

We have plenty of room for all the trees Will, bring them round. :D We put glass chippings on a couple of pots, but I decided I didn't like them, we'll stick with the pebbles.

It was a lovely day here yesterday too, but it's been misty and damp today. We haven't planted any bedding plants yet, but we bought some specimen cypress trees today. We're trying to hide a fence. Our family are away at the moment so we're keeping an eye on their house and doing some gardening for them. They're not into gardening, they don't have a lot of spare time. By the time we get round to buying some bedding plants for our garden there'll be nothing left. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon May 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you with two gardens to look after. I never used to like gardening 'at all' but now like to have a garden. I can't bear manicured gardens though. I like trees and shrubs with a few flowers, but not obsessively planted flower borders and too much fussiness.

My ideal garden would be the woodland photo above. :lol:

Well if you don’t get round to your bedding plants, it’ll be more room for trees! :wink:

Another lovely day today, I had a nice long walk and got loads of work done. Putting feet up after dinner and loafing. 8)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon May 20, 2013 7:15 pm

We only help out with their garden when they're on holiday, we have enough with our own. :lol: I don't like fussy gardens either. We'd just have grass and trees dotted about if we were starting from scratch, I don't like flowerbeds that look like someone has measured the distance between each plant. It's a good year for dandelions, we have some as big as cabbages.
The fern we thought was dead and nearly got dug out is growing like mad now. How's your azalea doing?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed May 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Teehee grass with trees dotted about sounds like bliss! :D

Our Azelea is recovering well, funny how plants can look dead, then suddenly spring to life. :)

Look at these cute little lambs...awwww :) I tried to get a piccy of the black sheep, but it kept hiding. There is just a glimse in the second picture.

dandelions are lovely, well, these parts are... http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contests/ ... 8cb231.jpg :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed May 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Lambs have funny little faces, they always look puzzled. :lol: The black sheep of the family shouldn't have been hiding, that's very baaaaaaad. :D

The dandelion clocks look pretty. I was weeding this afternoon and the dandelion seeds were blowing all over, there'll be even more next year.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu May 23, 2013 5:03 pm

I was bottle feeding a lamb on a farm, it was so lovely. The farmer asked if I wanted to buy it...like I have anywhere to put it! :lol: He said 'don't get too attached, it will get it in the neck soon!' :( Awwww Then in bad taste we had lamb roast dinner at this lovely restaurant the following Sunday, best lamb I had ever tasted with yummy lamb gravy. :oops: I wonder if it could have been the lamb I fed? :shock: :lol:

I love dandelion clocks, we have bought some curtains which are yet to go up with dandelion clocks all over them, they are so pretty. :D

Did you make loads of wishes whilst the fairies were blowing through the air? :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu May 23, 2013 6:46 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Did you make loads of wishes whilst the fairies were blowing through the air? :)

I wished they'd land on our neighbour's garden. :lol:

I can just imagine you with a lamb Will, sitting in a basket in front of the fire. The lamb I mean, not you. :lol:

Fancy eating lovely little lambs, you should be ashamed of yourself. :wink: I love lamb, it's my favourite meat, and the thought of all the lovely little lambs doesn't stop me eating it.

Your curtains sound lovely. We always have such a performance when we buy new curtains. We bought some really expensive ones and ended up using them for dust sheets. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu May 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Teehee expensive dusters, I hope ours don't end up as dusters, they are not expensive enough! :lol:

I love lamb too, it is sooooo yummy! Although it can't beat roast pork with crackling...droooool! Crackling is an amazing food, I don't like to think about what it is...but I really love the taste. I cook it so it can break teeth. :lol:

Do you do a traditional Sunday roast every week apples?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri May 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi Will. We don't buy expensive curtains now, then if they end up as dusters it doesn't really matter. :lol:
I don't suppose crackling is good for you, all that fat, but who cares? It tastes yummy, but I still prefer lamb.

We don't have a traditional Sunday roast every week. Do you? We sometimes have steak and chips or shepherds pie for a change. I'm making myself hungry. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri May 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi apples. We went out for dinner tonight and I ordered lamb, and I just kept hearing baaars in my ear...can't think why? :lol: It was so yummy, hubby had fish, he kept digging into mine because it was twice the size. You had to laugh because little me was sat there with half a lamb on a giant yorkshire pud, and big hubs had little fishy with chips. :lol: :lol:

I don't care about fat in food, I eat what I like when I like. I hate dieting and people who talk about diets and exercise, it is yawn! I went through the madness of excessive exercise and depriving myself of food in my youth, you soon learn it is all very silly. Much more fun when you get over all that. :mrgreen:

We sometimes have a traditional Sunday lunch, but I usually ask hubby what he fancies and he'll make his little demands. :lol: We have all sorts, whatever we feel like. It can be anything from full roast to crisps and dip, popcorn and ice cream in front of the box. :)

I have some photos of a beautiful moon taken tonight, it was so stunning I has to stop the car and get on the roof to get the piccies. I'll upload one tomorrow...I have to go and run around naked now it is a full moon. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Photography