Pretty Scenery

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Pretty Scenery

Postby appledore » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi Will. This is the fern that we thought was dead and nearly got thrown out. Look at all the lovely new leaves. :)
We could call visiting cat Ziggy. :lol: I haven't been gardening today, lots of ironing to do. Hubby hasn't seen a Jay either, we must have led sheltered lives.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:23 am

appledore wrote:Hi Will. This is the fern that we thought was dead and nearly got thrown out. Look at all the lovely new leaves. :)
We could call visiting cat Ziggy. :lol: I haven't been gardening today, lots of ironing to do. Hubby hasn't seen a Jay either, we must have led sheltered lives.

Hi apples. Good job you didn't throw it out, funny how some plants spring back to life. Your acer is looking lovely, do you still have them both?

Ziggy sounds like a great name for little puss. :) You'll have to get his friends round for tea... weird and gilly that is! :lol:

Before we left our old house the azelea had bit the dust, it was strange because it was perking up, but as soon as we knew we were going it died. :P

We still haven't got our plants, oh I am getting slightly impatient. I want to get gardening as soon as possible. Although we might have a lazy afternoon tomorrow and enjoy the sun. We get sun on our top patio until 20:30, can't believe how sunny a north facing garden can be! Our last garden had 2 hours less sun and it was south facing. Not that we are sun worshipers by any stretch of the imagination.

Our silly cat hides under a little christmas tree in the garden, he watches the birds but never dives out from his cover. He is very happy here too, very well settled in and has even pushed his little old limbs to climb over the gate now...although that means he is not as safe... :(

Today we had magpie and squirrel wars outside. The magpies do their best to drive ratty out, they even peck his tail. One magpie side-winds up to ratty when he comes down for nuts and has a pull on his tail, it is so funny to watch. Ratty buries food in the garden...magpie goes and digs it up almost straight away. Then ratty will be looking for nuts when the food soarce runs a little dry...but he forgets to look in magpie bellies. :mrgreen:

Ahhhhh loving it so much here!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi Will. We have three acers on the patio now, and we had another one in a pot which we've just planted out in the garden.

It's a shame about your azalea. Maybe if you'd put it in a pot and taken it with you it would have said 'I like it here, I think I'll put down roots.' :lol: We bought an ivy with lovely big glossy leaves and put it in a pot, but it looked like it had died so I planted it in a shady spot andf forgot about it. I found it months later and it was thriving so I dug it up and put it back in the pot, and it's growing fine now.

I hope your plants come soon, I hate waiting for things to be delivered, I'm not very patient.

I can just picture puss under the little Christmas tree. Visiting cat hides under a bush watching the birds. They'd have to be blind not to see him. He has a white face and a big furry tail sticking out. :lol:

I laughed at the magpies and ratty. I'm sure Puss will be ok, he's enjoying his adventure. :)

Are you liking it there even more today? :D :D :D :D :D :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi apples. We got our plants and trees! :D Not planted any yet, they are all sat in pots. We got a couple of variegated ivies, quite a few burberis ‘pink green & purple’, something else very prickly but forgot name, our acer, birch, rowan, elaeagnus. But we will need more. :mrgreen:

The photo is of our garden at around 21:00, the sun shines on the trees and it looks stunning. Loving it!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol:

I don't blame you for buying another acer, they are so beautiful. You have lots of room for plants, we will run out of room soon. You can see why I wanted to live here...trees galore. It feels like they are part of the garden, it is so wonderful.

Today the Jay was burying nuts and the magpies were following him around everywhere. This Jay is so agile, he can get food from almost anything. I never thought I would see a Jay and a robin eating from feeders, you see something different every day. We also have a pair of wood pigeons who perch on the side of a bird bath I am currently using as a bird feeding table. One is so bolshie, we call him Mr Tango. He flaps his wings at his girlfriend and tangoes her head....soooo funny! :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi Will. Those trees look lovely with the sun on them. I'm glad you got your trees and shrubs, you'll be busy planting now. :) I think our horse chestnut might have something the matter with it, there's a brown patch where the branch fell off. We'll ask our tree man when he comes later in the year.

We see a lot of wood pigeons, they sit on top of the chimney and shout. We've had trouble with our broadband this weekend, but it seems ok now. Fingers crossed.

Are you still loving it there? :D :D :D :D :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi apples. I'm not planting just yet, we have to buy more plants and plan the garden. We keep changing our minds about where things will go, plus our birch doesn't want to be planted until September time.

I bet your horse chestnut has a cold and got a bit horse... :lol: Poor thing has a bad chest and went nuts! :oops: I hope it will be alright, scary to lose a tree.

We have signed up to fibre broadband, we were on a giff gaff phone connection before...ooh that was painful!

Loving it here!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Today our cat chased a squirrel, he has never seen squirrels before and is very miffed at the new prey he will never catch. :mrgreen:

We had a tango session on the bird feeder before, magpies trying to cackle so loud they chase our cat back indoors. I sat outside reading earlier and loads of bird were eating from feeders really close. A robin came to say hello, I think it is the same one who visits everyday. I went for a lovely woodland walk, oh it is soooo wonderwhoosh! :D

Are you loving this hot weather? I felt too hot today, I was cleaning some of the patio and felt like I was melting. Good excuse for an ice cream though. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi Will. Hope you and Mr. Will are well. :D It's been a lot cooler here today thank goodness. The heat just about finished me off yesterday. As one of my aunts used to say 'I were just like a dishcloth'. :lol:

You're right to plan your garden first, it's too hot to plant now anyway. It would be a shock to the system. :lol:

Our broadband went off again yesterday, they insist it's something at our end, but we haven't changed anything. We had the same problem with the phone a few years ago. They put a new line up eventually, and we've had no bother since.

Has your cat chased any more squirrels? The blackbirds stand round the cat when he's eating and shout. I think they're saying 'leave some for us'. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 am

Hi apples. We are really well thanks. Hope you and Mr apples are good. :)
It has been hot hasn't it! Oh goodness, way too hot! I like it a bit cooler, if it was hot like this for too long I would build an igloo. :o

Your broadband situation sounds annoying. We had some bother with Talk Talk in the past, I think they are all the same though. They do work on lines and don't tell customers. It can be your router, ours would need resetting now and then.

Here are a couple of photos of squirrel vs magpie... :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi Will. I love the look on the squirrel's face - he's thinking just you wait I'll sort you out. :lol: They're great photos.

I've had enough of this weather. It's so monotonous, and hot. It was lovely and cool in the supermarket this afternoon. I wonder if they would notice if I hid in a corner and read my book. :D

Still having trouble with tinternet. Somebody is supposed to be coming out. We've tried two new routers, and it's made no difference.

We were woken up this morning by a loud roaring noise, hubby jumped out of bed and ran into the back garden and came back and said 'it's a hot air balloon, and all the people in the basket were looking at me'. :lol: It's a good job he put his dressing gown on. :shock: :lol: It was really low. We'll have one in the garden one of these days.

Is it still wonderwoosh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi apples. Phew...another hot day. We have been shopping,and melting! I know what you mean about it being monotonous, you do get fed up with being too hot all the time. I would hate to live in a hot country, it would be my idea of hell.

It sounds like your tinternet problem is annoying, what a nuisance, I hope you get it sorted soon.

Teehee the photos made me laugh when I uploaded them, I missed the tail pulling session, those were too fuzzy. The magpies never leave ratty alone, they just want him gone. They watch to see himbury nuts and they want him to go away quickly so they can steal them. :lol:

We have Tango pigeons and now bonking pigeons...I'll get a photo of that next! :lol: :lol:

I'm trying to get hubby to put up my new feeder, it will go on the extension so we can see it through the window where we sit. I am hoping for wood peckers. :mrgreen:

It is so very wonderwhooshywoohoo!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi Will. Hot again. I said to hubby that if we lived somewhere where it was hot all the time I'd do away with myself. He told me not to be so silly, we 'd move somewhere else. :lol: Why didn't I think of that? :lol:

We got a new camera to cover the drive and the front of the house, and the night vision is really good so we're going to get another one for the back garden. It'll be interesting to see the animals that are on the wander during the night.

I think we've solved the internet problem. We think we've got a loose connection where it plugs in. So it looks like they were right all the time and it is at our end. :oops:

Looking forward to seeing the bonking pigeons. :lol:

It sounds like you still like living there Will. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi apples.
Glad to hear you have sorted out your tinternet, those pesky loose cables! :lol: If we have tinternet problems we'll blame the squirrel. He was lifting the feeder up today, we lengthened the chain to make it harder for him to eat the feeder, but he quickly took up weight training....his appetite is even bigger now. :mrgreen:

No bonking pigeons, just a chase, the girlies are too fast for him. Either that, or he smells really bad. :mrgreen:

I hope you catch some wildlife on camera, as long as it isn't your neighbour dryhumping a large pigeon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is stretch...he doesn't know it yet but the feeder will get lower and lower...he'll get longer and longer until he can only move like a caterpillar. :twisted: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm just a poor, little orphan cat, but if I look at the window long enough Mrs. Apples will feed me. :lol:
He'd already had three meals today. :lol:

You've got a very clever squirrel there, he'll get longer and longer and thinner and thinner.

It's maybe too hot for the pigeons, they'll perk up when the weather cools down.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Ahhh that cat is sooo gorgeous!!! I bet he just has to look at you and you run and open a new tin. :lol:

Our cat isn’t as cute as he is, well, he is not that pretty anyway. :shock: Shhhh don't tell him I said that. Of course I love him to bits and he is beautiful to me, but he doesn't have that pretty boy face...more scallywag with a hint of cheeky cute.

I am feeding the magpies our cats left overs, today there was a bowl in the middle of the garden and 4 magpies around it. I didn’t get the camera out quick enough, it would have made a good photo.

I walked today, melted and moaned, but just about made it home for ice cream and half a barrel of biscuits. I didn’t eat enough before I set off, got lost on a golf course, and forgot to take water…I was pooped when I got in!

Have you enjoyed the hottest day of the year so far? I'm coping with the heat quite well considering, but hubby came in and went to sleep as he tried to get changed to do some work on the house. Poor thing is now in a boiling hot loft, I'm relaxing with a nice cold glass of wine. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:49 pm

:lol: Squirrel proof feeder????????Image
There is no stopping squirrels!!!!! We call this one Brasil... :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Photography