Pretty Scenery

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Pretty Scenery

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 pm

That's a clever squirrel, he's swinging through the trees like Tarzan. :lol: He's not very modest though is he? :lol: The rain dance worked, it's raining at the moment. Have you had some rain? Our bedding plants aren't looking good. We replaced some with some Cyclamen yesterday, but I think we'll just leave the rest and wait until it's time for the Pansies.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi apples. Have you had loads more rain? It is raining here now, we have had plenty of rain, and some nice sunshine. We haven't planted much yet, Still collecting plants in pots and keep changing our minds about where things will go. I haven't done a flower basket yet, we need to put a bracket on the front of the house for that.

Brasil has been back every day and swung from everything but a feeder I have hung from the garden room....he's just not that brave yet! :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi Will. We've had a little bit of rain today, but it's supposed to rain most of tomorrow. It must be so exciting for you both having your new home and deciding what to do with the garden. We went to see a house last week, but the garden was too small. We'd be waiting for the weeds to pop up so we had something to do. :lol: It just didn't feel right somehow, and we weren't that keen on the location. I don't really want to move, and if hubby was being truthful I don't really think he wants to move either. If it wasn't for the garden we'd stay here.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi apples. It is great fun when you move home, we feel very happy here and look forward to all the changes....slowly. :wink:

I can understand you not wanting to move, it is quite stressful, plus you get settled and it takes something special to make you want to move.

I knew I wanted this house and when hubby wanted it, I wanted it even more. :D Well worth all the expense now. But it is going to cost loads more yet, I'm still spending! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:15 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:. But it is going to cost loads more yet, I'm still spending! :lol:

You can't beat a good spend. :wink:

I saw a nice house on Rightmove today, but when I was looking at the photo of one of the bedrooms I could see a green area just behind the back fence and goal posts. A definite no no. :lol:

We're having a good sort out just incase we do move and I've just discovered Freecycle. It's good when people come and take your junk away. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:44 pm

:lol: The goal post doesn't sound good. I would imagine you would prefer a treehouse and trampoline. :shock: :wink:

We have used freecycle for years, given heaps away. The only thing we got free was a ladder, and we fit that down the side of our very beautiful concrete sectional. 8)

You would like our house apples, it is a shocker at the moment, but will be buffas when we have finished. The garden will be lovely too when it is all planted up, the view makes it super fab...and no neighbours behind...just fluffy lovelies. :D :D :D :D :D

I got close to Brasil today, she was ripping through a metal feeder. Our cat was hissing at the bottom of the tree. :lol: Mr Puss then sat om my knee like a big softy and I could swear I heard the tree rat laugh. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:34 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote::lol: The goal post doesn't sound good. I would imagine you would prefer a treehouse and trampoline. :shock: :wink:

:

I think I'd go for the trampoline. :lol:

Your house does sound lovely Will. I think we'll come and live next door. That would be fun. :lol:

It sounds like Brasil is getting the better of you. We haven't had another visit from the hen, but she's obviously found a way out so might come and see us again. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:52 pm

appledore wrote:Your house does sound lovely Will. I think we'll come and live next door. That would be fun. :lol:

I think between us we would have every fluffy eating us out of house and home. :) We would be laughing all the time, people would think we had gone mad. :mrgreen: Perhaps a set of trampolines ever side of the fence so the chubby squirrels can bounce from one feeder to the next.

I've worked on the smokeless BBQ, cook sausages in the over and then eat them outside... How's that? :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:45 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[I . :) We would be laughing all the time, people would think we had gone mad. :mrgreen: Perhaps a set of trampolines ever side of the fence so the chubby squirrels can bounce from one feeder to the next.

I've worked on the smokeless BBQ, cook sausages in the over and then eat them outside... How's that? :lol:

We have gone mad. :lol: Or maybe we've always been mad. I can just picture the squirrels on the trampolines bouncing over the fence.

That's a good idea to cook the sausages in the oven. You could run out with them and put them on the BBQ and we could eat them before they got cold than we'd both be happy. :lol:

How's the garden coming on? We had a couple of big rockeries, but they looked a mess and grass was growing all over. So we've cleared everything out and used the rocks to build a little wall. We're now planting shrubs, hebes and box up to now, and we're going to get some heathers and pinks for some colour. It looks loads better and will be easier to look after.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi apples. Our garden looks much the same, not even cut the grass for a while. :lol: We might do some planting this weekend, or just buy more and pile up the pots to be watered.

Your garden always looks beautiful on the photos you show, and so well organised. I think our garden will end up more of a mini forest. :mrgreen:

I'll upload a piccy one day when it is planted up and looks more garden like. I like to see photos of your garden, especially when there is a fluffy visitor or two. :)

Today our silly cat sat crying at a magpie, but didn't move to try and catch it. He just cried and cried...dopey cat! :lol: I have taken to putting nuts in the birds water bowl to see which birds are brave enough to dunk their heads in to get them, it is very funny to watch. :D

Seen any houses you like lately? Or are you deciding to stay put?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Will. I'm really looking forward to seeing photos of your garden. I'd rather our garden was a mini forest. It was a mess when we moved in, but there are lots of steps and walls and fancy bits, and we've had to work with them.

We went to see a house the other day. It looked lovely from the outside, but it wasn't very nice inside, and the rooms were too small. The back garden was so steep we'd have needed climbing gear.
I asked hubby how long it would be before I fell, and he said about half an hour. :lol: I can trip over something when there's nothing to trip over. :oops: We're in no hurry to move, we'll just keep looking and if nothing comes up we'll stay where we are.

Your cat sounds really cute. Visiting cat was attacking my toes when I was hanging out the washing. I told him to stop or he'd get nothing to eat. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi apples. It is funny hearing about the houses you have seen, which aren't suitable, because we saw so may houses which we discounted almost as soon as we pulled up for the viewing. They look so nice on the photos sometimes, but the reality can be very different.

We saw everything from hovels which needed knocking about, to lovely houses next to/backing onto nightmares. What we ended up with was a part empty shell which we can put our stamp on with a lovely backdrop of trees. :D :D :D :D :D :D Still squeak! :lol:

You will find your perfect house in time, it is nice when you don't want to hurry and sell. We felt the same, we just put it off until the market was more depressed and it was good for upsizing. We were lucky and timed it just right. We had looked at moving in 2010 when prices had dropped but didn't like anything we saw on the internet. It was only 2012 when we actually viewed some properties, it was a daunting process.

If you are downsizing it will be good if prices rise more and more. We were ridiculously lucky with our buyer, he paid so close to asking price, also didn't rush us and was the dream buyer really. I thought it would fall through, oh I was worried. I tell our house every night that I love it. :lol: I say sleep tight bombsite, for tomorrow you will go from ugly duckling to beautiful swan. Although that tomorrow may be along way away. :)

Today hubby made a mess which was so bad I thought we would be sleeping in another room tonight. :o Black dust everywhere...and he didn't cover anything! Grrrr Oh well, it has to be done. I am learning how to be patient, not easy for me I can tell you. :lol:

Your visiting cat sounds cute, I like it when cats are trying to get your attention. The more your ignore them, the harder they work to get what they want. Our cat has an obsession with going down the stairs with me, he brushes around my legs furiously, kisses my feet, meows like mad...he is very strange. Hubby just thinks our cat is a dog in the wrong body sometimes. He clings to me and sleeps by my feet, follows me all over and just behaves like a limpet. :roll:

Have you had this torrential rain? I went for a woodland walk and the water was gushing down the stream, it was so lovely. I took some photos on my phone but they weren't very good.

I'm cooking gammon for dinner, we have a nice bottle of sweet red wine...mmmm so hungry.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi Will. I think the estate agents lie on their stomachs to take some of the photos. :lol: The rooms look huge and the drives look really long, but it's not true when you go to see them. It's difficult really as we don't want a smaller house, just a smaller garden, and we donlt really want to be on an estate. We haven't got over one of the ones we went to see last week, it was a death trap. The boiler was in the garage and they'd built a little brick cupboard round it with a tiny little door. We didn't look too closely, but it was probably full of gas men who went to service the boiler and were never seen again. :lol: We'll find something. We don't want too much work, but we're prepared to do some to make it our own. I'm not very patient.

Visiting cat tries to trip me up. He hides then darts out in front of me and then weaves in and out of my feet. He's not visiting so much at the moment. He must have found another cafe.

I showed our little 4 year old gdaughter the photo of the hedgehog eating the cat food, and she said 'awww he must be starved. I told her that hedgehogs like cat food, and she said 'do you know grandma a hedgehog comes in MY garden, and they like dog food too'. :lol:

We had heavy rain all night, so everything is nice and fresh now.

I bet hubby was in bother for making a mess. You could eat his gammon too as punishment. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

appledore wrote: Hi Will. I think the estate agents lie on their stomachs to take some of the photos. :lol: The rooms look huge and the drives look really long, but it's not true when you go to see them. It's difficult really as we don't want a smaller house, just a smaller garden, and we donlt really want to be on an estate. We haven't got over one of the ones we went to see last week, it was a death trap. The boiler was in the garage and they'd built a little brick cupboard round it with a tiny little door. We didn't look too closely, but it was probably full of gas men who went to service the boiler and were never seen again. :lol: We'll find something. We don't want too much work, but we're prepared to do some to make it our own. I'm not very patient.

Hi apples. Oh my god do estate agents lie and take the biscuit! Our estate agent took rubbish photos and didn’t big up our house, it worked a treat. We wanted a quick sale and that is exactly what we got, so I can’t really say anything bad about them. But some estate agents should be shot…enough said! :lol:

appledore wrote: I showed our little 4 year old gdaughter the photo of the hedgehog eating the cat food, and she said 'awww he must be starved. I told her that hedgehogs like cat food, and she said 'do you know grandma a hedgehog comes in MY garden, and they like dog food too'. :lol:

How funny and cute. :)

We had 3 Jays in the garden yesterday and this morning, and one is a baby. The daddy puts his head feathers up and looks like a gonk, he fights off all the magpies, it is fun to watch. The baby is almost full size but still expecting to be fed a little bit. The parents watch on from the trees whilst the baby eats, and one occasionally digs up a worm for it. Awww can’t wait for all the different seasons here.
I’m so excited! You know it is almost Christmas. Image
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi Will. I wish we had jays in the garden. I'm jealous. We had a tiny hedgehog on the patio this afternoon. I thought it had died, but it moved so I took it some cat food and water, and gave it a stroke. It didn't look very well so I went into the house to find the phone number for someone local who looks after hedgehogs, and when I went back he'd disappeared. The cat found it all very interesting. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Photography