A few from my flickr albums

A chance to show off your photography talents

A few from my flickr albums

Postby jimmyeao » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:19 pm

A few from my flickr pics..

jimmyeao

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: A few from my flickr albums

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Nice photos, did you take them all? I love the first photo, just stunning! :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby jimmyeao » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:39 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Nice photos, did you take them all? I love the first photo, just stunning! :)

I did, thank you for the kind words - its a hobby of mine, now the weather is improving I need to get out with my camera more!
jimmyeao

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:12 pm

I was just looking at the bee photo again, it is so lovely and sharp. What camera do you use?

I rescued a bee out of my watering can one day, (don't know why it went in for a swim?) It was all wet and couldn't fly. I got a plate and put some honey next to it, then the bee started to drink the honey. I was watching it really close up and it was quite wonderful. :D
I put it out in the sun and it soon flew away, but it didn't half have a good drink first. Fab to see photos of them close up, they are gorgeous little creatures. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Really good photos. I like the fourth one best, it's magical. I wouldn't be surprised to see some elves pop out from behind the trees. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby jimmyeao » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:53 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I was just looking at the bee photo again, it is so lovely and sharp. What camera do you use?

I rescued a bee out of my watering can one day, (don't know why it went in for a swim?) It was all wet and couldn't fly. I got a plate and put some honey next to it, then the bee started to drink the honey. I was watching it really close up and it was quite wonderful. :D
I put it out in the sun and it soon flew away, but it didn't half have a good drink first. Fab to see photos of them close up, they are gorgeous little creatures. :)

I use a Sony A550 DSLR, the picture of the bee was taken using a Minolta 75-300mm Zoom lens. Bees are facinating creatures, would love to get some more - that picture was the best of around 30 I shot trying to capture it! Thank goodness for digital :)
jimmyeao

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:32 pm

jimmyeao wrote:I use a Sony A550 DSLR, the picture of the bee was taken using a Minolta 75-300mm Zoom lens. Bees are facinating creatures, would love to get some more - that picture was the best of around 30 I shot trying to capture it! Thank goodness for digital :)

We only use point and shoot, so it would take hundreds of shots to get anywhere near the quality of that photo.

You are right, bees are amazing. I read that they keep alive by shivering together in a huddle. They can shiver and create enough heat to kill a hornet which preys on them, they cook the hornet basically.

I held a bumble be in my hand, just loosely to let it out the door, but the power you feel from such a little tiny creature is unbelievable. They are like quivering body builders at super high speed. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby boeingman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:31 pm

One for horse lovers.
bro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boeingman

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:47 pm

That is a lovely photo. Horses are so very beautiful. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Photography