What made this nest?

A chance to show off your photography talents

What made this nest?

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:53 pm

We found this in the loft today. I hope it isn't for wasps! :shock:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: What made this nest?

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:28 pm

It does look like a wasps nest. :shock: Are there little compartments inside? We've had a few in the garden and the pest control chappy cut one in half so we could see all the little compartments. He said they make the nests from chewed wood, and we could see marks on the fences where they'd got the wood.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:36 pm

appledore wrote:It does look like a wasps nest. :shock: Are there little compartments inside? We've had a few in the garden and the pest control chappy cut one in half so we could see all the little compartments. He said they make the nests from chewed wood, and we could see marks on the fences where they'd got the wood.

Yes there are little compartments inside, gulp I don't like wasps. I hope they don't come back. Today I was in the shower and a wasp flew in, it was worse than an axe weilding murderer. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi Will. I think you'll be ok. I've just Googled, and it says that wasps don't return to an abandoned nest. You're safe. PHEW!!!!! :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:16 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. I think you'll be ok. I've just Googled, and it says that wasps don't return to an abandoned nest. You're safe. PHEW!!!!! :lol:

Thanks for that, although if they did return, they would have to find our new bin! :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Return to Photography