Fantabulous funky fungi

A chance to show off your photography talents

Fantabulous funky fungi

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:02 pm

I think one looks like the aliens have landed, and the other is like coral. Very pretty, although looked more orange in the flesh. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Fantabulous funky fungi

Postby appledore » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:33 pm

The first one reminds me of pancakes, and the second one looks like it has feet. :)
Fab pics. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:52 am

appledore wrote:The first one reminds me of pancakes, and the second one looks like it has feet. :)
Fab pics. :)

:lol: My hubby thought of pancakes when he saw that photo, I bet they wouldn't taste so good. Perhaps the little one with feet is really salt and pepper shakers? :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Look at this bevy of beauties! A tree stump with allsorts growing out of it, funny enough several trees including beech and (no surprise) ash. There was even a rhododendron. Amazing how much can grow out of a tree stump, I would like to put a large tree stump in our garden to see how many trees will grow out of it. I'm thinking quite a few with all the trees behind us. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:39 pm

That's an interesting photo Will There's all sorts there. I love ferns. They are supposed to grow best in darkish damp places yet ours thrive in full sun. Our acers are turning green. Apparently the green acers are easier to grow so they graft the red acers onto green root stock. It says to remove all the green shoots, but if I do that there'll be no trees left. :cry: When we move we'll plant them out in the garden and buy some new ones for the pots. I saw an orange acer in the supermarket.
Have you planted any of your trees yet?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi apples. I planted our acer and some more trees. We still have many plants and trees to be planted, we will have to get a move on now. We have been trying to get our grass to grow under the trees, we have bought shady lawn seed and have high hopes. :lol:

Orange acers sound different, are they bright orange?

Has your acer gone green because it is in the shade? Ours is now in the shade, so I wonder if it will change colour?

Here are some photos I took on a rainy walk, it was dull and wet but then there are the amazing colours that look so wonderful. :D

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi Will. The colours are really bright. The red looks lovely beside the green.

Our acers are in full sun, we haven't moved them. They've both gone mostly green, but the one on the other side of the patio which is in a shadier position is bright red. I think it might be too much sun. The orange acer wasn't a very bright orange. I didn't like it much. We like our acers red. :)

I was trimming some shrubs this afternoon. The flowering currant and the potentillas are about finished. The rowans look lovely this year. I can picture your shady lawn seed with shades, a trilby hat, and a flasher mac with the collar turned up. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:39 pm

appledore wrote:I can picture your shady lawn seed with shades, a trilby hat, and a flasher mac with the collar turned up. :lol:

I have never seen grass dressed up as our old neighbour, and don't want to either. :lol: :lol:

Our acer was in part shade before we moved, now part shade again. I really hope it stays red, I have to say I don't like the thought of an orange acer.

Have you thought about adding food dye to water when watering your acers? :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Will. It's very Autumnal now, and there's a definite nip in the air. My favourite time of year. :) The naughty birds are pulling the pansies to bits. I planted some more yesterday. I hadn't thought of using food colouring for the acers. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:14 pm

It is very beautiful, I can't wait for the autumn colours. Although seeing quite a few trees with gorgeous autumn leaves already. :D It'll be the first time we see the trees here turn,very exciting. Then it will be Christmas, and we have lovely trees to decorate...oh its Fab here! :mrgreen:

Have you viewed any more houses? I don't know what the property market is like now, whether it is up or down.

Are you thinking less about the garden and more about snuggling up warm? It is quite cold here today, I walked for 2 & 1/2 hours, was frazzled when I got in. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi Will. Yes, we're thinking less about the garden. I don't like gardening when it gets wet and muddy.

We've put our house on the market, and had a few viewers. The usual time wasters of course, telling us that they don't need to sell their property to make an offer, then they do need to sell first. :roll: We've got our eye on a property, but we can't proceed until we get an offer on ours. It's horrible moving house. We're telling ourselves it'll all work out for the best.

I'm really pleased you both love your new house. It sounds a lovely place to live. I wish we could pick our house up and put it in a smaller garden..
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi apples. I really do wish you the best of luck with moving, it is difficult. We had a few time wasters the first time we went on the market, but then the second time we got our cash buyer, we were so very lucky. Even found our perfect home. :D

It just takes time, the worst part is viewing properties which are awful, overpriced, and just ew! :lol: We used to get sick of listening to people explain why there was a window missing or hole in the wall...oh it was just boring. Some people don't realise that viewers are looking for a home, not a major project. The price for some properties we viewed were bordering on the ridiculous. Many of them still on the market now.

When we decided we were sure we wanted to move, found the right property, we dropped the price and went for it. Before we were sure we kept the price higher to avoid having to move too quickly to what we didn't really want. I imagine a lot of people play the market until they know what they want and what price will sell their own property.

You have to view dozens of houses sometimes, 99% don't have that special something you are looking for. I think you will find something nice and although a horrid thing to do moving, you will be all the happier once settled in.

We are in a deeper and deeper mess every week, not rushing anything this time, we really want to get this house right. I don't even mind living with the mess, we're just enjoying living here, this move has been wonderful...still so excited to see squirrels in our own trees!!! Proper trees too...not just bonsai. :lol: WoopeeWILLupatreeWhooopadeedee :mrgreen: :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi Will. We're not looking round any more properties at the moment, except on line. We've found a property we like, but until we get an offer there's nothing we can do. If the one we like goes, we'll look when we get an offer on ours. We have two lots of viewers who've registered an interest, but they have properties to sell. Our house has only been on the market for two weeks, so we're not doing bad really. If we can't find a property we like when we get an offer then we'll stay where we are. For the time being anyway.

It's quite funny really watching people sneak up the drive and peer through the gate. It's like being in the zoo. :lol:
We'll get there in the end. I hope we're lucky like you and find somewhere really nice.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Photography