Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi apples, thank you for your kind words. Hubby is doing ok, it was a shock, it is so final when someone dies. All your memories of them come flooding back, you remember things you had forgotten about up until they died. Hub's mum is doing very well, she was very prepared I think, he had been in a home for a year. I think she felt like she had lost him a long time ago.

We too have seen a lot of garden spiders, but not many in the house yet. Now I have said that, at least eight hundred eyes will watch me whilst I'm asleep. :lol:
Yes most fears are irrational, spiders is such an irrational fear, you have more chance of being bitten by a ladybird, or eaten alive by ants. Fear of silly little things is just silly. :lol: But spiders are scary, so I'm scared. More scared of a spider, than when I once walked through a field full of bulls, and only realised once I was half way through and had to walk right passed them. Luckily they seemed more afraid of me than I of them...good job! :shock:

I bet your garden looks beautiful, it always does when you show photos. Any jobs you don't get done this year can wait till next year. All chores can wait a while longer unless it is a burst pipe or dead boiler. :o I bet your son has his hands full with his home and garden, kids and kittens..it is a handful. :) I'm sure he would do more if he could. I know hubby gets limited time to do chores for him mum, there's always so much that needs doing, and yet the time to do it all never seems to come.

Oh lucky you being able to get your grass cut, it just won't stop raining for long enough for our lawns to dry out. I need to do our last cut, but no chance yet. I received one lure yesterday, post from Chingland takes so long, but now I have a new lure, I must of course go fishing....for pike!!!! I want to eat a pike to see if it tastes nice, next one I catch is coming home for dinner. I bumped into some guys fishing, they advised me to use live bait, then apparently I will catch loads...but I can't do that...its cruel. :( I think using dead bait is ok, but anything you catch to eat or fish with I think needs to be killed quickly and cleanly. I will be happy to catch nowt, and just enjoy my day. They did show me some of their catches, wow! Huge pike, perch, and zander...ohwowowowww :| Oh well. :lol:

I too am writing lists to santa... Large rat lure, large pike lure, braid, hooks, snap swivels, wire trace, new wellies, sign saying 'sod off, I'm fishing'. Your hubby is very naughty saying decs go up on Boxing day, he must be punished by decs going up on the 26th Nov. :mrgreen:

Have a good weekend. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi Will. We hope you and hubby and hubby's mum are ok. It's a sad time for you all. You're right all the memories do come flooding back. It's over thirty years since I lost my dad and ten since I lost my mum, but I still love them and miss them every day. Even now memories just pop into my head.

Have you had some dry weather so you could get your grass cut? We bought 80 pansies, so we had a marathon planting session. :) We found a good nursery last year for the pansies so we went back there. If we'd left it any longer they would have been sold out. They close in the middle of October or when they're sold out, whichever happens first. You're right about the jobs In the garden, they can wait. The only thing is the job to do list gets longer every year. Burst pipes are an absolute nightmare to me. Hubby said to ask if you fancy moving next door to us then hubby could sort our plumbing out. :) We know our son would come and help if we we're really stuck. He'll dig us out in the winter if we're snowed in, but there are only so many hours in the day.

I walked through a spider's web today and a big spider fell on my arm. :shock: I was very brave and didn't shout very loud.
We had to get the pest control man out yesterday as we had a wasps' nest and the wasps were getting agitated.

I hope you manage to catch a Pike. I think using live bait is cruel too. It sounds like you've got your Christmas list organised. :lol:

We still have our escapee hen. Pirate is frightened of him. We don't see much of Cuddles these days, and when he does come he isn't hungry so someone else must be looking after him.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:21 am

Hi apples, hope you and Mr apples are well. We went to hubby's dads funeral last week, lots of people turned up for it which made his mums day. Hub's mum never cried, not at any point which was weird. I think she was releived that he had passed because he had no quality of life for a year, but I have never known anyone not cry at a funeral when they were so close to the deceased. :? I am glad its over now, I was really happy to get home and give our Rudey lots of cuddles.

I went fishing yesterday but didn't catch anything, weirdly some anglers baiting the water were having no luck either. Those who live bait catch lots, but I won't do that. I still had a lovely time, had one bite, but no fishy on a dishy.

Hubby is still working on the garage, he has been slowed down by everything being a bit trickier than expected. We had a friend come over to help him fit a vice to a worktop, but that became more complicated than he thought it would be so that didn't happen. I am not sure it will be finished by Christmas, but there's no rush. I am just looking forward to having a work bench. :D

You did buy loads of pansies! It must have taken you all day to plant that lot. It will look very pretty I'm sure. Our geraniums, lobelia and impatiens are still going. I won't need to plant anything until spring. I don't bother with flowers over winter. I need to cut our grass again, it is growing fast. No sign of winter yet! Not cold anyway.

A storm is heading our way, there's no daylight here at all. I'm hoping there isn't any storm damage after the winds, I doubt I will be walking today if they do get up to 80 miles per hour! :shock:

I had an awful nightmare last night, I was being murdered by a clown...like the one from IT. I was in a creepy house, it was text book scary. But no spiders involved. I have fears which are typical, but I cannot ever get over them. I have tried exposure therapy of sorts, exposing myself to what scares me. But it doesn't work! I tried to stroke a spider in the garden yesterday, but I jumped away when it moved. Other fears you wouldn't get over, I think fearing clowns and being murdered is not a fear you can beat. I watch what I know I am frightened of the most, but it doesn't make the fear go away. Some beleive if you expose yourself to a fear for long enough, or find a funny way to see how the fear is irrational, you will get over it ... I am living proof this does not work. :lol:

If we move in next door to you, hub can fix things for you, and you can come and deal with spiders. :lol:

A baby hedgehog visits our garden every night, it is too small to survive winter. I weighed it and it was less than 350g. I am feeding it up and will weigh it again at the beginning of November, if it is too small I will take it to a sanctuary.

What did you get up to this weekend?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 pm

We're both well thanks. You'll be pleased the funeral is over, and you're back home. Hubby's mum would probably say her goodbyes and start her grieving when hubby's dad was still alive. She maybe saw the funeral as a formality she had to get through. It's good that a lot of people turned up.

I'm sorry you didn't catch any fish, but as long as you enjoyed yourself that's all that matters. :) I'm sure you'll soon have a workbench, then you'll be able to make all sorts of things.

I didn't tell you the true story about the pansies. :oops: I planted eight and hubby planted the rest. :lol: We've done the pots and a hanging basket. Wasn't the weather awful yesterday? It was so dark here, the street lights came on, and the wind was so strong last night I'm amazed there was anything still standing this morning. Did you have any damage?

That was an awful nightmare you had. Your mind will be all over the place with the funeral and losing hubby's dad. I was trying to catch a spider yesterday, and it ran over my foot. :shock: It wasn't a huge one thank goodness. I think there are some fears you just don't get over, you just have to accept them. Everyone is frightened of something.

Poor Pirate is frightened to death of the hen, and he cries when it steals his breakfast. Hubby managed to stroke Pirate yesterday, so he's definitely coming round. That's a tiny hedgehog you found. I hope he puts on lots of weight.

We didn't do much at the weekend. We went for a walk and that was about it. We'll see our family on Saturday as we've been invited for tea.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi apples, glad you are both well. You are probably right about Hub's mum, she had a long time to get used to being on her own and to say goodbye. Funerals are awful, I am very glad its over.

Hahaaa you let your hubby plant most of the pansies, did you make him lots of tea? Whenever hubby is working in the garage or garden he will want to drink loads of tea, I have to keep reminding myself to put the kettle on. If he misses a cuppa he will feel neglected. :lol:

I haven't seen any damage after the winds, it was still windy yesterday, although not so bad. I managed to mow the lawns again, but I am guessing it won't be the last cut. Our climbing roses at the front are still growing, I will have to get up the ladder again to chop them before they reach next door. :mrgreen:

I am still waiting on some lures coming from China, once I get them I'll go fishing again. I hope I catch something next time. :)

I laughed to myself about the horrible nightmare because I kept saying 'I still haven't had a nightmare about the scary clown', thinking maybe clowns don't scare me much any more. I will shut up next time I watch a scary movie, or that nightmare will get me! I would never watch a film about spiders again. I watched the film arachnophobia once, well I had loads of awful dreams with spiders in them...urghhh :x I don't usually have nightmares, but when I do they are epic! Most of my dreams are silly, I wake up laughing a lot...and don't have a clue what it was that I was laughing at. I think most dreams you forget once you wake up. I have lovely dreams about flying, it is the dream I have the most. I go right up into space and fly with stars, all multi-coloured. I love those dreams, my head has always been in the clouds I think. :lol: I will come back as a bird in the next life...no scrap that...one of santas elves. :D

Can't wait for CHRISTMAS!!!!! And our next next holiday, which is not far off now...I want to start packing, but Rudey would spend longer worrying so I can't. You will laugh, I booked next years CP break, the honeymoon villa...I couldn't help myself. I don't think far ahead most of the time, but with CP, you have to get in early for the one you want. :)

I can't believe your luck with spiders! They are out to get you in would seem, although you are perhaps conquering your fear. All the exposure to them might make you less afraid? I don't see that many in the house, if we lived in the countryside we might see more? Then I will have a problem, but not as big a problem as having clowns running around the house. :lol:

Poor Pirate being afraid of the hen, that is funny. If we found Rudey was afraid of hens we could have some in the future. I love the idea of fresh eggs, ones you know are really good for you. I eat loads of eggs...then trap hubby's head under the duvet if he is naughty! :lol: It works well if you eat baked beans with eggs.

I went for a walk yesterday, it was nice until someone's dog jumped all over my clean trousers and coat. Oh what a nuisance to have to wash all your clothes after a walk. This woman was apologising after she saw all the mud on my coat, lucky for her I'm not one to get too bothered by these things. I saw a woman walking up that way after me with a short skirt, tights and smart jacket. I though to myself 'I hope that dog doesn't jump on her'. I don't dress smartly for walks, but I don't like being covered in muddy paw prints...nice dog though. :lol:

Do you and your hubby often go for walks? It is a lovely time of year to walk, I was swishing through dried leaves yesterday, I felt so happy. I love walking with hubby, but he gets home late sometimes and doesn't feel like walking. I should make him walk more for his health, but I don't want to nag him into walking. He is tired after work, and we tend to cuddle up on the sofa and watch TV...very healthy. :D

I hope you have a nice time with your family on Saturday. I have no idea what we are doing this weekend, although it could include garage work for hubby, and fishing for me? I think we will have a walk at some point, just hope the weather is nice.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Will. Hope you're both ok. It's raining again. :(

Hubby did a good job when he planted the pansies. I did make him lots of cups of tea. I was busy with a pile of ironing, so I told him I couldn't do everything. :lol: I don't enjoy planting bedding plants as it gets monotonous. :lol: Our roses are still growing and flowering. I think they look better now than they've looked all summer. Our grass is still growing too.

I hope your lures come soon then you can go fishing. Do you feel cold when you're fishing, or are you so engrossed that you don't notice?

I don't dream about flying, but it would be lovely to be able to fly like the birds. I used to have a horrible dream where there was a big bomber flying very low and dropping bombs on the street. I haven't had that dream for years (I've done it now). :lol:

You're well organised booking a holiday for next year, but you'll have to book early to get the honeymoon villa. It'll be very romantic. :)

I still don't like spiders, but I get so annoyed when I keep seeing them that I just whack them without thinking. The hen's still stealing Pirate's breakfast. It was looking through the patio doors when we opened the curtains this morning. I wish it would go home, but I suppose if it does it'll probably come back again.

I'd have been annoyed if a dog had jumped up and covered me with muddy paw marks. I laughed at the woman walking after you dressed to the nines. When we were out this afternoon it was absolutely pouring down, and it was amazing how many people were out in shorts and t shirts.

Yes, we like to go for walks, especially in the dark. We're only strange. :lol: We just have a wander round near where we live. It's nice to get out for a while and get some fresh air.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi apples, we are both well thank you. :)

My lures didn't arrive, but I did get an illuminous one, and fished this evening. Before it got dark I caught a lovely Perch. I didn't catch anything after dark, but I had loads of fun, fished for hours as usual. It was nice and quiet. :D

I have not fished and felt cold yet, but then I haven't fished all winter...yet. I don't suppose I will care if it is cold, I will just dress for the weather. :mrgreen:

Your dream sounds scary, I have had a dream about being in a war scenario, I have had an automatic weapon and had to kill...goodness knows why I would dream that? Do you ever wonder if you have lived before? I dream some strange dreams and think I must yave lived before, they just don't make sense to my waking life at all. I had another horrid nightmare this morning, I didn't sleep well after. Thankfully it was early morning and Rudey gave me cuddles till I wanted to get up. I left hubby to sleep in as he had today off, he has been doing stuff in the garage again. He is getting on ok, but still lots to do yet.

Is the hen still running around? Strange that it hasn't been eaten yet, you would think that the foxes would get it. I hope it will be ok. Have you managed to stroke Pirate again? We still have the baby hedgehogs coming for food, I will weigh them after the holiday. I don't like the thought of them not making it through winter.

A lot of people dress for summer in the autumn and winter, I used to be one of them in my teens. :lol: I wonder if the well dressed woman got the doggy treatment I did? :mrgreen:

Have you been doing more garden work this weekend? Have a look at the tube at a temp file, you will see my perch. :D

I don't think you are strange walking at night, it is nicer to walk in the dark...maybe we are both strange. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Photography