Hints of Autumn colour

A chance to show off your photography talents

Re: Hints of Autumn colour

Postby appledore » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi Will. Happy birthday for yesterday. :D I'm pleased you had a good day. I'd have been embarrassed too if people were looking at me. I don't like to be the centre of attention, I'm much happier when I can just fade into the woodwork. :lol: It sounds like you had fun though and that's the main thing, and steak and chips too. Your picnic on the beach would be lovely. I haven't drunk alcohol for years, and I don't miss it one bit. I'm a tea wife. :lol:

I'm not getting any more patient. :lol: Although I don't get impatient waiting for things to happen like Christmas, it's more when I want a job doing and it's not happening fast enough. I'm like you I get very impatient when someone is doing something and I could do it quicker.

I was watching a mammy greenfinch feeding her baby when I was washing up today. If we'd had a dishwasher I'd have missed that. :lol:

Pirate came for breakfast number two this morning, but by the time I went out with his bowl he'd disappeared. The blackbirds enjoyed it though. I was going to post a picture of Pirate, but Photobucket is on the blink again. It's off more than it's on these days. I'll post it when I can.

Thanks for the names of the climbers, we'll have to decide what we're going to do. Our spider plant had two babies, but one of them got damaged somehow so I've had to cut it off. It'll soon be too big for the kitchen. I think it thinks it's a triffid. We'll wake up one morning and it'll be wrapped round us. :shock: I didn't know you could get curly ones. I don't know if that would be better or worse. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Here's Pirate waiting for his second breakfast.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi apples, thanks for the birthday wishes. I like to fade into the background too, I could live in the middle of nowhere and hardly ever see anyone, other than hubby of course, then I could make a total spaz out myself all day every day and no one could see me doing it. :lol: I would talk to trees and wildlife, they make more sense to me anyway.

Pirate looks very cute, he's like next doors cat, except next doors cat has an all white face with black ears. He looks spooky when up on the bank peering in.

I don't drink much anymore, but still enjoy a drink or two. I like a glass of wine, that is my little luxury along with dark chocolate and steak. I only drink once a week on the weekend, but do go weeks sometimes without having a drink, just because I don't see the point in drinking all the time. When in my twenties and early to mid thirties I could drink a lot, and I never really thought about my health as much. Now I am very health conscious, like good stuff, but only in moderation. I too love my tea, and the occasional coffee, but really could drink my weight in tea. And at the very least eat my weight in chocolate. :lol:

I think that is where most people are impatient, when you know you could do something faster, dare I say a little better/or more efficiently, but watch someone else do it slowly and dodder about it....oh it tests the patience of a saint I think. I am ok if showing someone how to do something, got patience then, but if a workman does something slowly, badly or stupidly...no patience alert...I hate it! I prefer to do everything I can do myself if I can, and only let others do what I can't do. We are probably not easy people to work for...but then who is?

Oh lucky you, I haven't seen a greenfinch in a while, lovely little birds. I hope they come to our garden soon.

I miss having a dishwasher too, its like how we miss having that tail and third boob. :lol:

Our spider plant has had two flower babies, but they haven't turned into mini spider plants yet, they remind me of gremlins, they multiply with water. What do you think about the curly ones then? I think they are cute and compact, but they will still give birth to mini curly wurlies in summer, but they won't try and hang you as you walk past them. They just look like dangling curly pompoms.

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday, and I had a nice walk. Today it is raining, but I'll walk anyway, I don't mind the rain. I could go fishing if just to do a bit of ledgering or float fishing, but if I caught a large pike, I would struggle. So I am being 'patient', :wink: and waiting until I can just go for it. But these rainy days want to be fishing days, I almost want to take a telescopic rod to the stream and fish for tiddlers, I might just do that. :lol: I will hold it up for a photo with two pairs of tweezers. :D

Image That's the bit that is missing on a person who decides to have a dishwasher...or is it the hands? :lol:
Image Cute and curly spider plant, won't crack tiles, will just grow very long curly pigtails. :)
Image The stream yesterday, very peaceful, unfortunately no kingfisher.
Image Little fishies in the stream, oh how I want to go fishing!!!!
Image Rudey jumped on the table as soon as I moved it yesterday. It was windy and I used it as a prop to stop the obelisk going over, Rudey jumped on it quickly to assert his dominance. He stupidly took to the old car mats we threw out the other day too, they were waiting to go in the bin, but he thought they were his new bed...missed that photo opportunity. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi Will. Hope you're feeling ok. It's another damp, miserable day here. I hope you've got some sunshine.

I can't see the photos you put on yesterday. It says you have to upgrade your account to enable third party hosting. :x

Pirate is a lovely little cat, and he's not as nervous as he was. Cuddles is still frightened to death of him. It's funny when we put two bowls of food out for them, and they're looking at each other all the time they're eating. :lol:

I laughed at Rudey with the old car mats. I have a foam rubber garden kneeler, and Cuddles likes to shred it. When I'm kneeling on it he comes and snuggles up beside me, and then all of a sudden he starts shredding it. There's not much left. :lol:

We used to drink wine, but hubby had to take some medication for a while and was told he shouldn't drink, so I stopped too to keep him company. When he was told he could drink again we decided that we hadn't missed it that much so we didn't bother starting again. I don't think drinking in moderation does any harm, but I'll stick to tea. :) I think coffee smells nicer than it tastes.

I agree it's annoying when someone is faffing about doing something when you know you could do it quicker yourself.

We had two mini spider plants on our huge spider plant. I don't think I'd like a curly spider plant, I like the ordinary ones. They're my favourite houseplant. I just wish they wouldn't grow so fast.

You'll be fishing before you know it. The fish will be getting bigger and bigger.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi apples, did you have a nice weekend? The weather was lovely on Saturday, we did lots of shopping in town and went to a couple of garden centres. I only bought a few more geraniums for the border at the back for when the snap dragons have finished. Weirdly the snap dragons started to flower again, so I'll leave them until they look drab again, then move them to the back to be eaten by slugs. :lol:

I have no idea what is going on with photobucket, I think I will stop using it and just do temporary photo vids on YouTube. I have put one on there, just a few pics taken recently. A couple of my birthday presents feature in there. The kingfisher behind pond, and a solar fox with light up eyes. :lol: So cute! Rudey having a daddy cuddle at the end...awwww he likes to push his mouth into your hand and get a good tickle...soft as anything he is. :D

I walked for miles today up and down the stream, did not see one kingfisher. Now if I didn't have my camera ready it would turn up and give me a moony. :lol: I saw lots of fish in the stream, so I must have just timed it badly, the kingfisher is usually around somewhere.

We have booked a short break in Yorkshire for Hubby's birthday, so we are looking forward to that. It is a B&B on a working farm, so should be a nice spot to stay in. I think we have exhausted most day trips out in that area, so will spend a lot of time walking and exploring walks we haven't done before. We are off to Hubby's parents in a week or so, so that will be a little break, hope the weather will be nice.

I'm allowed to drive in a couple of weeks, can't wait! I feel like I could now, but am advised not to until six weeks have passed. I feel fab, and have virtually no restrictions, other than the advice to take it easy...easier said than done though. :lol: But I must be a good girl and follow instruction, don't want to do anything to jeopardise my progress.

Have you much to do in the garden this summer time? I have run out of things to do, other than general maintenance now. Once I plant the rest of the flowers, I'm done till Autumn, but then I don't do much from autumn either. We were measuring up for the decking yesterday, we have it planned, so when we get the time next year it'll be a fun project. I also have another good idea, but I won't say anything about it until I do it, if I do it. But it should be nice and quite kooky. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi Will. Yes, we had a nice weekend thanks. We visited our family, and spent some time sorting our garden out. You said you'd run out of jobs for your garden. You can come and help us. :lol: We still have lots to do. Hubby is still busy with the hedges. I've got one set of gates washed ready for painting, I'll try and get some painting done at the weekend. To be honest the garden tends to get me down a bit at this time of year. I love our garden, but everything is growing so fast and we struggle to keep on top of it. I like it to look tidy, and can't just ignore it. :( I'm looking forward to hearing about your new idea for your garden.

I don't know what's going on with Photobucket either. It's a pain. I've watched your video. I love the kingfisher and the solar fox. The fox will look like the foxes we see on the camera, with their headlights on. :lol: Rudey's a cuddly cat. I wonder what he would make of Pirate. He had Cuddles cornered again last night. I had to rescue him. Poor Cuddles.
He's been helping me in the garden.

I hope you enjoy your holiday in Yorkshire. Hubby's a Yorkshire man. I hope you enjoy your visit to hubby's parents, and hubby's dad isn't too bad.

I'm pleased to hear you're following instructions and being a good girl. Easier said than done. :lol: You'll soon be able to do what you want.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi apples. Its a shame garden plants don't stay at a size you would like them to be, then you could manage everything with more ease as you get older. You have a lovely garden, but I can see how it would take a lot of work, and how it must get harder over time. Hubby's mum loved her old garden, and it really was very beautiful, but hard work. They had to sell eventually because they couldn't see anyone else doing their garden for them, and I can completely understand that. Gardeners have their own way of doing things, and it will never be your way. :lol: One day that will happen to us, and I can see me wanting something I can manage, rather than watching someone manage it for me. But at the moment I want a bigger garden when we retire, and we will slave over it for as long as we can. :)

I closed my photobucket account, I think I had reached the point it was getting too full, so they want you to pay...oh hell no! It is a crap service now, you are bombarded with ads, and I find it isn't worth it. I'll use the Tube instead, it seems a better way of showing photos and vids to a few people, then I'm not sending emails with links or posting photos here as much. I don't tend to post stuff like that on on any other site anyway, and we don't social network, so YouTube is a handy service. I deliberately don't allow comments so it is purely watch the vid if you like, or sod off. :lol: I find people these days are not happy unless they can comment on everything, I don't understand the mentality? I watch vids a lot on YouTube, and I then occasionally read the comments...mostly written by trolls with no life....its sad as hell. Before my surgery I watched videos people who have had surgery put on YouTube. And one young girl who had had spine surgery put a video on there charting her progress, obviously with the aim of helping others, and trolls still found it impossible to be nice, they make stupid comments? It begs belief! :x Poor kid. You can't do right without a barrage of abuse, there is something very wrong with people.

I think Rudey would be just as bullied by Pirate, and just as fascinated at the same time. Our neighbours cat is a little bruiser, and Rudey is afraid of him, but can't stay away. They both scent each others little spots where they hang out, look for each other, then bish bash bosh...Rudey gets a closh. Mind you, he does give it back, but I know Rudey is the softer of the two, but he doesn't want to lose his territory. Silly cats are, really very silly. :lol: Little Rudey is so cute, he is very soft, I secretly think he wants to be friends with next doors cat, but he's not allowed....even he won't allow it! :mrgreen:

We are looking forward to our hol, it should be great fun. We hope Hub's dad is doing ok. We don't really expect him to be much different, but as long as he isn't getting any worse, he will still have some good days. Its something.

I am being good, but I am only a couple of weeks away from being able to drive and return to normal. I feel absolutely fine, have done piles of ironing, and am doing all the housework again with no problem. I just know not to lift the hoover or mower yet, things like that. I do feel I can, but I won't. :lol: Hubby was doing the housework the first week, and then I started to do a bit. By week three, I just didn't feel my surgery site could prevent me from doing anything, I have recovered lightening fast. But it is an easier operation when on your neck, than if it was your back. Plus it was a disc replacement, not fusion. I hope it lasts me out. :) I know some people haven't had these good results, so it does vary person to person. They tell you that your recovery will be anything from six weeks to two years. You don't know what to think when you hear that, you just hope you are one of the lucky ones.

Have you anything planned for this weekend? Hubby is hoping to do more work in the garage, and we will go for some walks and a meal out one evening. I think if the weather is nice we'll have a BBQ too, not had one for a while. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi Will. It is a pity garden plants don't stay the size you want them to be. Maybe a hairnet would work. :lol: We have the same problem your in laws had. We love our garden, but it is hard work. You're right, when you get someone else to do some gardening they have their own way of doing things. We had someone who came to trim our hedges and trees. He came for years and then suddenly stopped coming. He gave no reason, just didn't turn up. We solved most of that problem when we replaced the Leylandii hedge with the fence. We asked someone else to come to take some height off our other hedges, and we were pleased with what he'd done until we realised that instead of taking all the rubbish away he'd thrown a lot of it over the hedge into the farmer's field behind us. He did come back and tidy it up when we asked him to, but he shouldn't have thrown it over in the first place. We had someone cutting the grass for a while, but he just went round in circles and didn't cut the corners of the lawns. We came to the conclusion that it was better to do it ourselves. It's just that everything grows so fast at this time of year.

I think you're right not to allow comments on YouTube. I don't suppose you're interested if someone doesn't like what you've put on. Trolls need to get a life.

Cuddles and Pirate are like Rudey and your neighbours' cat. They look for each other and then have a good fight. Poor Cuddles comes off worst as he's an old cat. Pirate's legs seem to get longer and longer when he's trying to intimidate Cuddles, and he walks like a gangster.

I hope your disc replacement lasts a long time too. It sounds like you're doing really well. I have arthritis in my neck and back, but I'm doing ok considering I'm getting on a bit. I don't feel old inside, so that's the main thing I suppose. :) We tend to do the housework between us. Hubby doesn't like ironing much, but then neither do I. :lol:

I hope you have a lovely weekend, and manage to have a BBQ. Don't forget the value sausages. We don't have anything special planned, but I'll paint the gates if it doesn't rain.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi apples, I hope you enjoyed this weekend. We had such a lovely time, we went out for a meal on Friday, and Saturday had a long walk. Now we were going to have a BBQ, but I always part cook the sausages before putting them on the BBQ, and as hubby was getting the BBQ out, I checked on them and they were really well cooked. So with no BBQ, we sat in the garden on our value buckets and had value sausages with value salad. :wink: I bet you are thinking 'that would be a relief if I was your neighbour!' :mrgreen:

We had a good garden spruce too, hubby cut the grass, and I did the edges with my lawn scissors...which needed doing badly after a month of me not doing them. It looked lovely for five minutes, then the alder dropped dozens of leaves at the back, and it is messy again. :lol: Funny tree the alder, it just sheds leaves like it is autumn by July. I planted our geraniums and moved the snapdragons to slugsville, we'll see how long they last there. Did you get some more gardening done? Do you think you will move eventually? It is a shame to have to move, but I suppose it happens to almost everyone if they have a large property or garden. I think even my mother in law might have to move again one day as her garden now is a fair size, and house quite big for one person. But moving is such a hassle, it isn't something you want to do too often.

That was cheeky of your hedge man to throw the hedge trimmings over the fence, but many gardeners/garden service folk unfortunately do what is easy, rather than what is right. You don't want people like that working for you as it potentially makes you look bad.

YouTube is a good site. But it isn't really meant to be a social media site, and nor should it be...just my opinion. I love watching all the interesting and funny or silly videos I search for, and some I click on which are not my cup of tea, I simply jump to the next one. Allowing comments just opens the door to pointless interaction. It isn't just about avoiding trolls, I would feel uncomfortable with any comments, it just seems so pointless.

Sorry to hear you have arthritis in your neck and back, it will come to us all unfortunately. Good job modern medicine is what it is, and gets better all the time. Although my granny would swear you should avoid doctors at all costs or they will shorten your life! :lol: There could be some truth in that, I think medication is overly prescribed. But on the whole modern medicine is amazing! Do you ever watch the super vet? It is also fantastic what can be done for animals, they bounce back so well after losing limbs and having implants of all kinds in them!

I wonder if Rudey and Cuddles would scrap, or eventually just carefully avoid each other with the odd hiss? :lol: I think Rudey and Cuddles are similar, both a big cuddly softy pants.

I tend to do all of the housework and general gardening, with the exception of harder jobs like digging through roots, the big hedge cutting, or heavy lifting etc... Hubby works all day and I like him to come home to a good meal and relax when he doesn't have a project on. But when hubby does cook or clean, he does a good job, so I'm sure we'll be ok when we come to share more jobs between us in the future. I think its nice that you and your hubby share chores, it shows you are a good team. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi Will, I'm glad you had a good weekend. It's a shame you didn't have a BBQ, but I'm sure you'd enjoy the sausages and salad. You'd look a picture sitting on your value buckets with value sausages and value salad. Your neighbours would be pleased too. Mrs. Neighbour would say 'it's ok dear they're not having a barbecue. Phew!!!!!! ' We can put the oxygen tanks and gas masks away. :lol: The weather wasn't very good here, and I didn't get the gates painted as planned. It's not a very good forecast for this weekend either.

We've been busy decorating the last couple of days. We've got the living room done. I've ironed some of the curtains, and I'll do the rest tomorrow. I hate ironing curtains.

I usually end up doing the lawn edges. I think men have a blind spot when it comes to doing that job. It makes a big difference when the edges are tidy. We still have some hedges and shrubs to trim. We won't get everything done, we never do but the garden looks tidy so that'll have to do.

I think we'll move eventually, but we're ok for the moment. Our son would help, but he has his own garden and family. He has enough to do. It'll be a shame if your mother in law does have to move. It's very stressful. We moved twice in three weeks when we first got married. We said we'd never move again, but we did. :)

It was cheeky of our treeman to throw the hedge trimmings over the fence, but it just means that we won't use him again.
We found a good gardener last year, he's done a couple of small jobs for us like removing some shrubs. He comes quickly and he's very tidy. So we know we can get some help if necessary.

I was diagnosed with arthritis in my back and neck when I was about forty. I'm not doing too badly. My knees and hands are affected now, but I keep active dashing about at one hundred miles an hour and I think that helps a lot. It's amazing what they can do for animals. It must be awful being an animal and not being able to tell anyone where it hurts. I think Rudey and Cuddles would scrap, they wouldn't be able to ignore each other. I had to stand guard again yesterday while Cuddles got something to eat. Pirate won't leave him alone.

Yes, we are a good team and it sounds like you and hubby are a good team too. We've always done things together. Hubby is very thorough when he does something. I tend to be in more of a rush as I want something finished before I've started. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi apples, how was your weekend? We went to see hubby's parents, his dad wasn't very good. To be honest I don't rate the home he is in, but it's the only place they could get him in at the time. I think hub's mum couldn't face moving him, and I think she accepts that most nursing homes dope their residents. I would be deeply concerned if it was hubby in a nursing home and I had doubts about them doing the right thing...I think the whole situation is awful. :(

Did you paint your lounge a different colour? Or was it a fresh coat of white? I don't like ironing curtains either, I probably should wash our curtains, but they don't look too bad or smell, so I'll ignore them. :lol:

Luckily our neighbour's BBQ quite often, so they wouldn't mind us having them. It would concern me if only we had BBQ's, but so many people BBQ these days...there's a general sausage smog. :lol:

Back and other general arthritis problems are a nuisance. I'm glad you can still run around at 100 miles per hour, you know you are not doing so badly when you can keep moving. :)

Rudy was so upset to go in the cattery again, he was very pleased to be home and shadowed me all day yesterday. Now he is back to normal, but little does he know he goes back in again in a couple of weeks or so. :mrgreen: poor baby.

We are looking forward to our little break in Yorkshire, I am trying to find places we haven't been to before, it gets difficult as we have spent a lot of time in Yorkshire. What ever we do we will have fun. :D. It is always nice to have a short break anywhere. With your hubby coming from Yorkshire, do you ever holiday there?

We need to pick up some bits to carry on working on the garage tomorrow. Hubby wants to get the plumbing work done next, I can't wait for the worktops to go in...but it'll be a while yet...not that I'm impatient. :lol: CAN'T WAIT THOUGH!

Good that you found a tidy gardener, at least getting a bit of help now and again saves you having to move too soon. The nicer you make your home the less you want to move, we never did much in our last home. Since we moved here we have done lots, and will do plenty more over time. I doubt we would move unless we had to, or were ready to move to the country.

I must mow tomorrow if it isn't raining...and cut edges. You are right in that lawns do look better when the edges are neat, hubby didn't cut the edges for a month, they looked like hubby's arm pit hair. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi Will. I'm sorry about hubby's dad. It's awful going to see a loved one in a nursing home. :( You always wonder how they're being treated when you're not there. Hubby's mam was in one, and she seemed happy enough. The staff were always lovely to her and us, but you still wonder if it's always like that.

We painted the lounge white again. We didn't think it was very dirty, but we can see the difference. I ironed the curtains and put them back up. They look fine. They don't smell anyway. :lol: Our daughter in law says her mam washes her curtains a pair at a time instead of doing them all at once. It's a good idea, so I think I'll do that. Not this year though. :lol: We thought about getting new ones, but we always have a struggle finding ones we like.

Our grandson asked the other day if Pirate still came to get fed. I said he's a naughty cat as he attacks Cuddles. So he said 'is he a big cat or a small cat?' I said he's small so he said he's a kitten then. I said no he's not a kitten now he's just small. I could hear him muttering that small cats are kittens. He always has to have the last word. He takes after his grandma. :lol:

Poor Rudey having to go in the cattery. I don't think cats ever get used to it, but I'm sure you'll give him a big cuddle and some treats when you come home. I hope you enjoy your holiday in Yorkshire. Which part are you going to? No, we don't holiday there.

Arthritis is a nuisance, but it could be a lot worse. The day I stop running around I'll start to worry. Are you about back to normal now?

Hubby has just cut the grass, and trimmed the edges. It makes the whole garden look tidier when the grass has been cut.

The worktops in your garage will be really useful. We have a freezer and fridge freezer in the garage so we don't have to cram everything in the freezer in the house. It's especially useful at Christmas. It's true the more you do to the house the less you want to move, and there are some horror stories about new builds.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby appledore » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi Will. I'm sorry about hubby's dad. It's awful going to see a loved one in a nursing home. :( You always wonder how they're being treated when you're not there. Hubby's mam was in one, and she seemed happy enough. The staff were always lovely to her and us, but you still wonder if it's always like that.

We painted the lounge white again. We didn't think it was very dirty, but we can see the difference. I ironed the curtains and put them back up. They look fine. They don't smell anyway. Our daughter in law says her mam washes her curtains a pair at a time instead of doing them all at once. It's a good idea, so I think I'll do that. Not this year though. :lol: We thought about getting new ones, but we always have a struggle finding ones we like.

Our grandson asked the other day if Pirate still came to get fed. I said he's a naughty cat as he attacks Cuddles. So he said 'is he a big cat or a small cat?' I said he's small so he said he's a kitten then. I said no he's not a kitten now he's just small. I could hear him muttering that small cats are kittens. He always has to have the last word. He takes after his grandma. :lol:

Poor Rudey having to go in the cattery. I don't think cats ever get used to it, but I'm sure you'll give him a big cuddle and some treats when you come home. I hope you enjoy your holiday in Yorkshire. Which part are you going to? No, we don't holiday there.

Arthritis is a nuisance, but it could be a lot worse. The day I stop running around I'll start to worry. Are you about back to normal now?

Hubby has just cut the grass, and trimmed the edges. It makes the whole garden look tidier when the grass has been cut.

The worktops in your garage will be really useful. We have a freezer and fridge freezer in the garage so we don't have to cram everything in the freezer in the house. It's especially useful at Christmas. It's true the more you do to the house the less you want to move, and there are some horror stories about new builds.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi apples, how was your weekend? We had a nice weekend, we did some work in the garage, had a walk and did some gardening. It rained a lot n Saturday, so no BBQ..phew I hear you say. :)

Our house could do with a touch up here and there. I think it's hard not to scuff walls over time, I would prefer it all to look perfect all the time, but it just doesn't stay perfect no matter how careful you are. Our curtains could do with a wash downstairs, I will do it in the new year I think. Nice to have all machine washable curtains, my mum used to have velvet curtains in some rooms and they would just hang there dusty and a bit smelly...ew!

Kids do think they know it all, I wouldn't care to argue that I am right all the time... :lol: I'm just joking, I'm not always right, but I am a big kid. :mrgreen:

Rudey has developed a little lump, we took him to the vet on Friday and she thinks it might just be a reaction to the jab he had. But if it hasn't gone by the time we are back from our break, he will go from cattery to vet for lump removal...poor baby! I hope it goes on its own. :(

Poor Cuddles being beat up all the time by Pirate, you do wish you could stop cats from being such bullies sometimes. Rudey knows just what it is like having to avoid the bully cat, but then he does ask for trouble sometimes by sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. I wish they would all get along.

We did grass and small hedge this weekend, it does look better. The geraniums are growing and look very pretty, I just need to replant two baskets soon as they look very straggly. I will have to get to a couple of garden centres in a couple of weeks to get our last bits and bobs for the garden this year. It will soon be autumn and the garden will turn to a pile of leaves once again. I am looking forward to Christmas! Woohoo can't wait for that. Although we need to book another holiday between hub's birthday break and CP. I don't know where we will go yet, but I bet you can guess where I have made a start looking?!?! :lol:

I feel great, and don't feel like I have had major surgery of any kind, but I know I shouldn't go too mad just yet. I am doing the same things I could before the surgery, but I have held off from fishing the river in case I did catch something very large. I think I will go fishing this week and see if I can catch something to eat, I mean put back. :wink: I am dreaming about fishing, so I know its time to get started. :D

I'll send you a nice perch down the line, you can put it in a large perchfish bowl. :wink: Silly me put river fish in a large tank when I was a kid, they all died. Ooops, no one told me. I was quite upset. :( Poor fish.

Oh my goodness, you never stop reading about nightmare stories of new build problems, I don't fancy buying a new build again. Our first house was a new build and we bought it off-plan. We didn't have too many snags thankfully. But you read some horror stories. A new problem people are facing is a ground rent going up, and the cost of buying the freehold. They even charge extortionate fees for people to be able to extend etc... I hate the thought of leasehold properties. We want to own the freehold, and our own four walls, it is not something we would like to compromise on. There's a new build estate going up down the road from us, silly priced new builds! They look like nice houses, but very over-priced and on postage stamp plots. So people will pay over 400K for a larger house with a tiny garden, you need more money than sense for that! I laughed at the ridiculous décor and accessories in the show homes, if there isn't big letters spelling something out, how would anyone know where they are? Or if they were allowed to LOVE LIVE or LAUGH? :lol: STUPID! I detest all that tat, really detest it! :lol: Hubby said we should have letters in the loo which spell T H E C R A P P E R ! or at least have a sign saying piss and sh*t in this hole. :lol: Good idea I said! Lets go one further and have the letters spell F * C K O F F on the door to cold callers...that would actually be useful. I mean how silly is the letters thing? If I had to put the letters LOVE on the fireplace I might actually have to have a lobotomy. What's it all about? :x :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi Will. We had a good weekend. It can't have been very exciting as I can't remember what we did. lol We had our grandchildren for the day on Monday so that livened us up. :lol: They're a couple of chatterboxes, one question after another, but that's how they learn. Our grandson introduced himself to Cuddles. It was so funny. They waited all day to see Pirate, but he didn't turn up for some reason. He must have heard they were here. :lol:

So there was no sausage smog in your street? I don't know which is worst, sausage smog or rain. :wink: :)

I like machine washable curtains too. I like to get them out on the line for a good blow then they smell nice and fresh.
My mum had velvet curtains too. They were the fashion then.

I hope Rudey is ok, it's worrying when they have a lump. It could be just the reaction to his jab. Is it getting smaller?
Cuddles and Pirate had a growling and hissing competition this afternoon. Pirate prefers Cuddles' food to his own, and then I saw him doing his business in one of the flowerbeds. He should go next door to do that. :lol:

Hubby's been cutting back some of the shrubs this afternoon. It's good growing weather with all the rain and then the sunshine. We can't keep up. Some of the Petunias in the pots are looking a bit droopy. We're hoping they'll keep going until it's time to plant the winter pansies. We bought a Hebe yesterday to fill a gap in the front garden. I think I told you we bought some Lupins a while ago. Only two have survived, but I suppose that's better than nothing.

You'll be off to CP before you know it. The year's flying over. I bet you're looking for somewhere in Scotland to go before then. :)

You've done really well following your surgery, and you'll soon be fishing.

It's not surprising there are so many problems with new builds. They build them so fast. We wouldn't buy anything leasehold either, and a lot of new builds are so close together. We have a lot of room round us, and we'd really miss that.
I know what you mean about the big letters spelling things. They look really naff. You could have them in the toilet saying
THE WEE HOUSE. It's a good idea to have one for cold callers. We have a sign on the door saying no cold callers, but they sometimes still knock and say that they're sure we'll talk to them when they've walked all the way up the drive. You can't get rid of some folks.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Photography