Dead tree problem

Re: Dead tree problem

Postby Scrambler » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:12 pm

You described your next door neighbour as 'who ever lived there'

You noticed your neighbours tree is dead but not that your neighbour has not been around for 3-4 months because they are now 'dead'.
Scrambler

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby teax2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:55 pm

The quote was £ 380. And to answer the other questions: yes the tree has taken a long time to die, the timing of my action is completely irrelevant, as it could have been too soon or too late in equal measure at any time really. I have not noticed that the not so old lady had died because I spend long spells away from home due to my work and I do live on my own. I had relatives passing away too and it isn't nice but after a couple of months you start to get on with sorting things that have been left by them out or it is going to cost money if you leave them for too long, talking from own experience here.
I will leave another friendly letter through the door adding what "stufe35" suggested on his last post ( they are responsible for the tree and could cost them money to pay for the damage it could cause ) and see what happens, I will give it a couple of weeks.
Thanks for all the different views it helps to have a better understanding of the situation.
teax2

Postby APC » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:54 pm

£380 to fell a 110cm dbh tree :shock:

Is that just to get it on the ground?
APC

Postby despair » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Some tree surgrons charge a fortune
despair

Postby stufe35 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:05 am

Price wouldn't appear to be far off the mark bearing in mind its a large tree and if it falls the wrong way will hit a house. Probably requires climbing and taking down bit by bit. Then depends how much it is to be size reduced once down, carted away ?

2 men for half a day would based on attached rates soon hits the figure quoted.

http://www.homeadviceguide.com/guide-to ... in-the-uk/
stufe35

Postby arborlad » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:58 pm

despair wrote:Some tree surgrons charge a fortune

Why?.............why are you still banging that same old drum - if that tree, as described, is done for the price quoted, you can rest assured there'll be no fortunes made out of that particular tree!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby despair » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:24 pm

Arborlad...surely the price varies depending where in the country you are

I am aware that insurance rates for tree surgeons have escalated in recent years along with other costs

The older people get the more expensive such things all seem and maybe thats why the deceased owner did nothing
I know i dont want or need the hassle or worry or expense of trees any longer
despair

Postby ukmicky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:33 pm

The important words in the below act are may take action ,the council can ignore your request to deal with this tree.

Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1976/57/section/23

Section 23

Power of local authorities to deal with dangerous tree

(1)

Where a district council, a London borough council or the Common Council [F1, or a county or county borough council in Wales]

(a)

receives from a person appearing to the council to be an owner or occupier of any land in the area of the council on which a tree is situated a notice requesting the council to make the tree safe; and

(b)

considers that the tree is in such a condition that there is imminent danger of its causing damage to persons or property,

the council may take such steps on the land, whether by felling the tree or otherwise, as it thinks are appropriate for the purpose of making the tree safe and may recover the expenses reasonably incurred in doing so from the person who gave the notice.
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby APC » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 pm

£380 to take down a tree with a 110cm diameter will see it left where it fell or dumped in a layby.
APC

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Trees