roots (probably again!!)

Re: roots (probably again!!)

Postby Roblewis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:04 am

It certainly is binding if you both agree the precise locaion in writing, sign it and register it as a fixed boundary with the Land Registry.
Roblewis

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby COGGY » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:05 pm

I would take advice from an expert before agreeing to move the fence. Do they want to move the fence, so that they can then say the tree was your responsibility, more damage has been caused since they first informed you, and they wish to claim from you. Why do they wish to move the fence now?
COGGY

Postby DwightFry » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:03 am

hi COGGY, all he said was that he wanted to move the boundary because, he said, he had some of my land. he didn't say that he was going to put another fence up (i wish!! 8)). as for the tree, i had it cut down and gave him my insurance details over three years ago and nothing was done, is it like me having a car crash, handing over my insurance details and not claiming for over three years for any alleged damage? :?
DwightFry

Postby DwightFry » Fri May 03, 2013 3:12 pm

sorry to keep going on about this but can he keep coming back to me about the damage, allegedly, caused by the roots even though i gave him my insurance details over three years ago and, as far as i know, nothing was done? :oops:
DwightFry

Postby kipper » Fri May 03, 2013 10:16 pm

He is legally able to seek compensation from you for any continuing damage caused after he first made you aware with proof that damage had already been caused by vegetation that was your responsibility. As the tree was cut down within a reasonable time frame after you were informed of the damage there is nothing he can claim for from you.
kipper

Previous

Return to Trees