Trees were here first!

Re: Trees were here first!

Postby despair » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Maybe given your Mothers state of health a 100ft garden is not the best idea

seems more suited to someone with a large family but i guess Council housing allocation does not work the way it should
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby pottypanda » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Yeah we've been here 20yrs they don't have enough to just hand them out.

Obviously wrong place for advice or support, thanks to those with sympathetic understanding.
pottypanda

Postby pottypanda » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:35 pm

To Mr Sheen, I think an attitude adjustment is needed. You proved my point completely.!
Like I said thanks to the people who were polite and helpful.
pottypanda

Postby Mattylad » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 pm

EDITED the age of the trees is irrelevant.

If you wish to confirm this then see a solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby oorya » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:49 pm

OP I think if you have read many of the answers on the many threads on here unless your trees are covered by a TPO or in a conservation area, neighbours have the right to cut back to the boundary whether you like it or not or how long they have been there.

See my post on your other thread, we are mightily p***ed off by a huge tree that blocks out sunlight (I know we are not entitled to that) and covers most of my garden with leaf litter. As soon as funds allow we will get someone in to chop back to the boundary line and ask the neighbours if they want the cuttings back.
oorya

Postby oorya » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm

pottypanda wrote:Yeah we've been here 20yrs they don't have enough to just hand them out.

Obviously wrong place for advice or support, thanks to those with sympathetic understanding.

I totally understand that having crappy neighbours is not nice, we have some gobsh*tes at the end of our garden, but as far as I can understand you were asking about the situation regarding the trees and as many have said you have no right to prevent your neighbours hacking at any overhang over their garden.
oorya

Postby pottypanda » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:46 pm

My issue isn't with the overhang although I don't like what she's done from a privacy point of view I can't stop her, it's the abuse I got and the damage she caused within OUR boundary some of the trees she hacked will need to come down and she's no right to do that.

Tree age counts when your looking to get a tree protected that's what I was thinking about when I asked if the trees age counts!

She left our next door neighbours trees alone (except for abit she thought ours) all the houses on our street, not the new estate behind, have very large trees that overhang on all sides. We allow the ones next door to overhang our garden (by about 15ft we don't see a problem) their neighbours on the other side have ones that hang over about 6ft over etc etc but no one tolerates our's.

It seems pointless to carry this on further the law just isn't there to support us and I can't seem to get any firm legal answers from anywhere! karma will put her right.
pottypanda

Postby Sudynim » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:33 am

pottypanda wrote:My issue isn't with the overhang although I don't like what she's done from a privacy point of view I can't stop her, it's the abuse I got and the damage she caused within OUR boundary some of the trees she hacked will need to come down and she's no right to do that.

The best option in this situation is for you to prevent the trees from encroaching onto her land, and then she has no excuse to complain or interfere with them. Arrange an annual visit by a tree surgeon, it won't cost an enormous amount and it takes all that stress away.
Sudynim

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Trees