overhanging tree branches

overhanging tree branches

Postby iain gray » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:52 pm

I finally asked my neighbour for the first time about considering cutting back his trees branches which overhang my garden by about 4 metres .These branches are indeed very high up however they are always in our view from the house . I did not get a yes or no the first time however when I asked about 4 weeks ago the answer was " not a chance" I explained that i was within my rights to remove any branches I wanted and return them to him once completed to which he laughed . The problem I have is to reach the branches myself I would have to pitch a ladder against the tree to cut the branches or erect a scaffold type of platform on my side of the boundary . I am not sure which option is best or safer can anyone give me some advice regards iain
iain gray

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: overhanging tree branches

Postby cloudyeyes » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 pm

The best and safest option is to hire a tree surgeon.

You can cut back to the boundary but no further. You should offer the branches to him but he's not obliged to take them in which case you will have to dispose of them yourself.
cloudyeyes

Postby iain gray » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:03 pm

thanks for that can I pitch my ladder against his tree though if I decided to do it myself
iain gray

Postby iain gray » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:12 pm

in order to cut the branches a tree surgeon would have to obviously climb the tree from my side of the boundary ! Is he actually allowed to do that
iain gray

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:56 pm

You could tie the ladder to the tree and cut back, but safer to allow a professional to do the work. As for allowing a ladder to be placed against the tree, who is going to stop you? You neighbour does not want to help, allows his tree to grow over your side, just get the job done! Place the off cuts neatly on his property where they will not be causing any damage or nuisance, or get rid of them yourself, but do at least offer the branches back.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby hzatph » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:34 am

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Place the off cuts neatly on his property where they will not be causing any damage or nuisance, or get rid of them yourself NO, but do at least offer the branches back YES.
hzatph

Postby iain gray » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:09 am

thanks for your advice
iain gray

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Trees