The right to keep our tree for privacy?

Re: The right to keep our tree for privacy?

Postby HelenOfHelen » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 pm

She has cut some of the branches from INSIDE my garden right at the base of the branch which was growing over the ally, not her garden!!! I shall be purchasing a padlock tomorrow.
HelenOfHelen

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby cobdale » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:17 pm

why don't you ring the council and see if you can get a t p o on the tree,then let her know you,ve got it that should stop her getting it chopped down.if you can't get a t p o make up an official looking document and bluff her with it
cobdale

Postby cloudyeyes » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Because she's nosy?

If bay is evergreen and doesn't shed leaves, then the 'old bat' is making it up, no?

The OP accepts that the neighbour can cut back to the boundary. That is a different matter to the neighbour entering the OP's garden without permission, cutting back on the OP's side and leaving the garden insecure. At best it's not a nice thing to do so I think 'old bat' is quite appropriate in the circumstances, don't you?
cloudyeyes

Postby arborlad » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:30 pm

HelenOfHelen wrote:She has cut some of the branches from INSIDE my garden right at the base of the branch which was growing over the ally, not her garden!!! I shall be purchasing a padlock tomorrow.

'...........the branch which was growing over the ally,'
...................does the neighbour have a right to use the alley, was the branch causing an obstruction?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Previous

Return to Trees