Tree poisoning

Re: Tree poisoning

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 pm

I too agree with Roblewis.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Treeman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Roblewis wrote:Treeman

In a former life I have assisted the relevant Ministry to identify offenders. Even if the suspicions cannot be proved ultimately the message is clearly understood for the future. If the adjoining land is secure to a single person access only then suspicions are strengthened and searches for substances on the premises can provide further evidence. One should not forget that the powers of search for EHOs are stronger than for the police as they do not need a prior warrant with the need for reasonable suspicion.

Yes it may be a long shot but potentially worth it.

Suspicions are just that.

Herbicides are available over the counter so finding roundup in a shed isnt going to get a conviction is it?
Treeman

Postby TO » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi

Roblewis wrote:Local Authorities now have powers to enforce pesticide misuse
Are you sure.

TO
TO

Postby withreason » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:23 pm

TO wrote:Hi

Are you sure.

TO

http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/guidance/i ... nforcement
withreason

Postby Roblewis » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Withreason

Many thanks ofr the intervention.

Treeman

Suspicions can lead to evidence and a circumstantial case which may be found in favour of the enforcer. It is very difficult to argue that your land is secure and then claim it was not me gov.
Roblewis

Postby Treeman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:33 am

Roblewis wrote:Withreason

Many thanks ofr the intervention.

Treeman

Suspicions can lead to evidence and a circumstantial case which may be found in favour of the enforcer. It is very difficult to argue that your land is secure and then claim it was not me gov.

In the grand scheme of things this is small fry, the people that wield these powers be don’t like other trying to use them as a club to beat other with and that is exactly what we are talking about here.

You are assuming that the land is secure and that the alleged perpetrator will assert this however if it forms part of a defence he can easily claim that the land was not secure, gates left unlocked etc.

What evidence do you think will be found? Do you have any prosecutions for tree killing (in your former life)?

I have seen many cases of poisoning some quite spectacular and blatant, some on protected trees, some with top of the line legal representation and none leading to a prosecution of any kind. Such a prosecution would make good press for the trade magazines and the internet yet I can find none, can you?

As I said before short of getting caught in the act.................
Treeman

Postby Roblewis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Back to cameras then
Roblewis

Postby TO » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi

withreason wrote:
TO wrote:Hi
Are you sure.
TO

http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/guidance/i ... nforcement

and
Roblewis wrote:Withreason. Many thanks ofr the intervention.

Roblewis, Please feel free to call me a pedant but read your own post.
Withinreason. Yes I know. You too can call me a pedant, but read what Roblewis wrote.

TO
TO

Postby cloudyeyes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:45 pm

I thought Rob's comment was (unintentionally) quite funny :D
cloudyeyes

Postby withreason » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:45 pm

cloudyeyes wrote:I thought Rob's comment was (unintentionally) quite funny :D

Now I see! The word "against" slotted in after "enforce" might have been better, but we knew what was meant. :lol:
withreason

Postby SNDT27 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:37 pm

The Environmental Health approach could be worth pursuing as well. The land is enclosed and gated, both mine and the adjoining plot, casual public access is very unlikely. I saw the person responsible ostensibly working close to the trees and the next day discovered the damage. I had previously been asked if I would like to cut down the trees. I thought the request was odd as they don't block or overshadow anything. In any case there is little doubt who the culprit is. The law that applies requires a corroborating witness in the event of a denial by the culprit. However we are not at that stage yet. The Police may have sufficient circumstantial evidence to pursue.

Still doesn't put my garden back the way it was though. :(
SNDT27

Postby Roblewis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 pm

You could get treeman to come and see if they can be saved :D :D :D
Roblewis

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Roblewis wrote:You could get treeman to come and see if they can be saved :D :D :D

Treeman had better quickly change his online name to treemessiah...he's going to make a fortune!!!! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Treeman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
Roblewis wrote:You could get treeman to come and see if they can be saved :D :D :D

Treeman had better quickly change his online name to treemessiah...he's going to make a fortune!!!! :lol:

Saving trees is a job for those with a duty to do so, tree officers spring to mind.

For me commercial tree surgery is a service industry, I offer an expert opinion on a client’s chosen course of action to allow them to make in informed choice, after that if they say break out the big saw then that’s what we do.

Trees that have been nobbled will either recover or die, short of a time machine to prevent the event there is little that can be done.
Treeman

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Treeman wrote:Trees that have been nobbled will either recover or die, short of a time machine to prevent the event there is little that can be done.

Go on Treeman, give all trees a little cuddle, they will love you for it. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Trees