What is the law on fallen leaves?

Re: What is the law on fallen leaves?

Postby despair » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:30 pm

I like to see the Police and anyone in authority get their facts right not create the chaos they have for the OPs parents
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby cloudyeyes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Good idea, tie them up in official complaint paperwork (all the way up to the IPPC no less) over a bag of leaves. Just don't complain again when there aren't enough Police around to help you if you get mugged or burgled or worse. Sheesh - the world has gone mad!
cloudyeyes

Postby Treeman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:52 pm

despair wrote:I like to see the Police and anyone in authority get their facts right not create the chsos they have for the OPs parents

They haven’t created chaos have they that’s just you putting a spin on things.

Any situation existed before they were called, the situation (existing) is WHY they were called.

Any confusion can be cleared up with another visit.

You would help more if you weren’t focused on retribution and punishment and put your extensive efforts into problem solving.
Treeman

Postby arborlad » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:59 pm

despair wrote:........... get their facts right not create the chsos .................

..................yes please!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby despair » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Stop misquoting me .............arborlad

Theres no excuse whatsoever for the Police or anyone in Authority to give out incorrect information

The Police should know that arisings from trees should be.............. Offered Back................not dumped on innocent neighbours as in this thread
despair

Postby arborlad » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 pm

despair wrote:Stop misquoting me .............arborlad

Theres no excuse whatsoever for the Police or anyone in Authority to give out incorrect information

The Police should know that arisings from trees should be.............. Offered Back................not dumped on innocent neighbours as in this thread

:?
arborlad

arborlad

Postby Treeman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Thats just your opinion and you are wrong, its civil law and the police deal with .....Criminal law so why SHOULD they know
Treeman

Postby hzatph » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Treeman wrote:

Thats just your opinion and you are wrong, its civil law and the police deal with .....Criminal law so why SHOULD they know

Even worse, leaf fall is regarded as a natural phenomenon and there is no duty on anyone save that if someone wants the land cleared then it is up to them to do it.

Dumping leaves on someone else is littering. Here is an example.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... utter.html
hzatph

Postby arborlad » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:42 pm

despair wrote:
[b]The Police should know that arisings from trees should be.............. Offered Back................

Despair - before you post any more misleading information, you should check your facts!!

'Arisings' are the result of somebodies actions, cutting branches from a tree, any tree, irrespective of ownership, will produce arisings.

Removing silt from a pond will produce arisings!!

Leaves falling from a tree are not arisings!!
[/b]
Last edited by arborlad on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby Treeman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 pm

arborlad wrote:
despair wrote:
The Police should know that arisings from trees should be.............. Offered Back................

Despair - before you post any more misleading information, you should check your facts!!

'Arisings' are the result of somebodies actions, cutting branches from a tree, any tree, irrespective of ownership, will produce arisings.

Removing silt from a pond will produce arisings!!

Leaves falling from a tree are not arisings!!

Crickey.......You would think that anyone elevating themselves to the positing of advocate would at least be able to get the simple stuff right. Particularly in the middle of berating people for getting it wrong.
Treeman

Postby arborlad » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm

rubynoodles wrote:..............-dad now tells me that they were infact police officers which makes it worse!!
:

Do you have any contact details for these two police officers, encouraging them to resolve all the issues themselves, might be more productive, with a hint at involving their Sergeant if there is any reluctance on their behalf.

Whilst not wishing to diminish the stress that this has obviously caused both you and your parents - involving the Chief Constable is grossly disproportionate to the circumstances.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby oorya » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 pm

arborlad wrote:
oorya wrote:............. having recently made a complaint against a police officer .

Was your complaint connected to a bag of leaves dumped on a driveway?

No it wasn't I was just making a general comment about making a complaint against a police officer if that is what anyone felt they should do.

However trivial a matter may be, it may not be the matter that is the main problem, in many cases it is about the attitude of the officer as it was in my case. I would always make a complaint against any police officer if they got sh*tty with me over a matter that wasn't of my making. And just becaause the little sh*t that I had a run in with decided to have a go at me when the situation that happened wasn't of my making he now has a record of complaint on his file and hopefully that will teach him a lesson.
oorya

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Trees