conifer

Re: conifer

Postby hzatph » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Yes, but why should I pay for this as a council tax payer?
hzatph

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:17 pm

I did not suggest council tax payers should foot the bill

i said that "if the grower refuses to mediate and the council orders height reduction " the grower should pay
despair

Postby TO » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi

despair wrote: if a hedge is breaking my fence
The high hedge legislation is irrelevant, other legislation exists to deal with this.
despair wrote:invading my space
The high hedge legislation is irrelevant, you can trim the hedge back to the boundary.
despair wrote:costing me a fortune to keep having it cut back
The high hedge legislation is irrelevant, gardening costs time and money and cutting the overhang back is for your benefit.
despair wrote:stopping me from growing what i like
The high hedge legislation is irrelevant, you can never grow what you like. Soil, nutrients, wind, frost, exposure, etc are all factors that prevent this. Grow what is suitable for the conditions.
despair wrote:enjoying my property
Well if it's the height of the hedge that affects your enjoyment then you have recourse via the high hedge legislation.

Lets not forget that the hedge grower is doing nothing wrong. Like you, they to can grow what they like, and if that's a hedge, even a high one so be it. If a dispute arises and the parties can't agree a solution, which is entirely a private matter, one which Councils really shouldn't be involved in, then why should the Council Tax payers at large have to foot the bill for a resolution, and why should the hedge grower be 'punished', they're not doing anything wrong. That's the point though isn't it, punishing the hedge grower, continuation of the petty dispute, getting one over on them. The benefit is entirely for the complainant, so it's right that they should pay, and pay the full cost.

TO
TO

Postby despair » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:06 pm

I have never said the Council Tax payers should fit the bill

If you seriously think I or anyone else has the right to grow a 40ft high wall of leylandi without a neighbour being severly affected you are taking things too far

Of course there should be communication and mediation and compromise but aside from all of that sadly in this world theres a certain number of people who are intent on causing neighbours as much grief as possible in all manner of ways

If you also bother to research further back you will find the same people have caused problems for countless previous neighbours so its not just a personality clash
as is often suggested

Hence if after all the deliberations and the last rersort of using the HH Law and a suitable height is determined by the likes of yourself i really do not see why the affected nerighbour should have to bear the cost

As to normal garden maintenace i doubt many people would see it as fair to have to foot a tree surgeons bill to cut back overhang of a 40ft high hedge at least once if not twice a year its not within most peoples capabilities
despair

Postby hzatph » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:12 pm

despair wrote:I did not suggest council tax payers should foot the bill

i said that "if the grower refuses to mediate and the council orders height reduction " the grower should pay

OK - who pays for remediation? Who pays is the council does not order reduction? What evidence is there that the prices charged are not the actual costs to the council?
hzatph

Postby despair » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Mediation costs are pretty much born by the affected neighbour although in some areas they are free

If the council does not order reduction the complainant will have to bear the cost

I did only say the grower should pay if the council finds against them

I would have thought that any grower would have to be pretty intransigent and the height to be severe for a case to even get to a formal HH complaint but no doubt TO can advise on that

I wonder how many hours of a TOs time HH law cases take ?
despair

Postby hzatph » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:20 pm

despair wrote:Mediation costs are pretty much born by the affected neighbour although in some areas they are free

Someone is having to pay for the mediation service somewhere along the line.
hzatph

Postby arborlad » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:36 am

despair wrote:
If you seriously think I or anyone else has the right to grow a 40ft high wall of leylandi without a neighbour being severly affected you are taking things too far

Not sure where you get the 40ft from - the hedge in the photo is around 10ft high.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby despair » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:46 am

I never said the hedge in the photo was 40ft high
i am well aware its only 8 to 10 ft high and that the OP may not even gain a reduction using the HH Law

If the hedge was 40ft high then i still consider the grower should foot all the bills if a height reducrtion is ordered under the HH Law because no one needs a 40ft high Leylandi hedge in an urban /housing setting

The only place for hedges that high would be farms and hills etc where hedges are used as windbreaks etc

Arborlad likes to twist things out of context as per usual
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Trees