Surely my neighbor is taking the mick !

Surely my neighbor is taking the mick !

Postby janstee74 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Stupid neighbor planting an ash tree and look what it's doing to the fence. Is there anything I can do to sort it?
This ash tree is planted 6 meters away from the house. Surely that's not right.

Please take a look at the photo and tell me what you think. Thanks.
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (62.53 KiB) Viewed 2027 times
janstee74

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Surely my neighbor is taking the mick !

Postby cloudyeyes » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Judging by the size, it's been there a good few years, not newly planted. It's probably self-set rather than deliberately planted.

Who does the fence belong to? If it's your neighbour there's probably not much you can do about it except cut back all the overhang to the boundary line and offer the cuttings back to your neighbour (dispose of them yourself if they refuse them). If it's your fence, you need to have a chat with your neighbour about the damage to your fence and how they are going to repair it and prevent it happening again.
cloudyeyes

Postby arborlad » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:34 pm

cloudyeyes wrote:.............. It's probably self-set rather than deliberately planted.

Almost certainly correct...............and quite well hacked about!

What do the neighbours say?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Roblewis » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 am

Given the line of the fencing I might be tempted to think it is actually predominantly in your land. Re-stablish the boundary line by removing the panel and checking - you could remove it yourself given it is likely to be "yours"
Roblewis

Postby janstee74 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks for the advice guys. However I personally don't think it's self seeded because the same thing happens again four times down the fence with different trees . There not nice neighbors but i'l clear whatever's hanging on my side. Thanks :D
janstee74

Return to Trees