Willow trees from the neighbours' garden

Willow trees from the neighbours' garden

Postby rafuk73 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 am

Hi

There are two massive willow trees from my neighbours garden overshadow my garden and also posing potential threat to my drainage and also my house. They are so tall that I won't be able to cut branches myself and will have to ask for professional help which can reach one thousand pounds. I own the house, but those two neighbours live in council houses that are managed by the house association Affinity.

I called Affinity several time and somebody there promised to go and have a look at those trees which never happened. Also during my telephone calls with them they told me that they were not going to prune or remove the trees and I would need to talk to the tenants.

Please advise
rafuk73

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Willow trees from the neighbours' garden

Postby rafuk73 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:55 pm

I just need to understand who is actually responsible for maintaining the tree: council, housing association or the tenants. They all are pointing at each other and no one wants to take responsibility... :cry:
rafuk73

Postby Roblewis » Mon May 13, 2013 3:30 pm

I believe that Landlords do have some vicarious liability for tenants malfeasance or other actins causing disruption to neighbours once informed of the issues.Could someone enlighten?
Roblewis

Postby TO » Tue May 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi

rafuk73 wrote:I just need to understand who is actually responsible for maintaining the tree: council, housing association or the tenants
It will depend on the terms of the tenancy.

TO
TO

Postby Mesolithic » Fri May 24, 2013 1:13 am

The Housing Association may have a policy to do work only to trees that are dead, diseased or dangerous (the one I work for does). Outside this, they generally consider a tree to be a "gardening matter" and leave it to the tenant to decide what to do but in that case, they won't pay for the work.

Mesolithic
Mesolithic

Return to Trees