Shaved Tree

Re: Shaved Tree

Postby despair » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:24 pm

I would still get quotes for costs of replacing etc and see if the neighbour coughs up before you go to the expense of a professional report

a GOOD tree surgeons opinion should be enough for starters

what has been done looks like the work of a chain sawing amateur

find out if other neighbour saw who did it
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Jen13 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Dear Mojisola

well we were both out on that day so no one around. But we have had letters from her suggesting that her fencing guy can do it for £140 for us if were to fell it meaning we should pay for her pleasure. We said cut it to the border and nothing more. On that particular day we came in, we found tree left like this and new fence half way up. So we know exactly when it had happened. I guess if she is forced to give up the names who did it then she would have to come up with the truth. And I spoke to the guy sitting in the council office concerning tree preservation tree issues etc and he said we would not need to prove beyond reasonable doubt as it will be obvious from the dates of the new fence ( from her bill, from the pictures of the tree before and after ) etc.

And if, I have gone head to head against barrister all by myself knowing only the extreme basics of English Employment Law if anything. It was freaking scary but it was worth it. This is a totally new area to me but bring it on. I just dont like when someone does something truly despicable and outrageous and I am faced to live with it.
The story TBC
Jen13

Postby Jen13 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:07 pm

span wrote:They must've used a Gilette Mach 3, because that's one well-shaved tree! :lol:

probably very blunt one mach 3 they picked!
Jen13

Postby Conveyancer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 am

Whatever the law, the neighbour is a complete Philistine.
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby despair » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:40 pm

The difference is ..............what has been done to that tree is the work of an amateur weiding a chainsaw and taking chunks of the trunk out beyond the boundary

There is a difference .............and yes I still think its an ugly tree and the OP needed to have looked at things from the neighbours point of view and removed the trespass themselves .
despair

Postby despair » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:19 pm

If i was the OP i would have sought info from a tree surgeon the minute the neighbour complained

If i was the neighbour i would have made sure the OP knew what the result on the tree would be
If i had to plant a tree i would ensure it remained within my boundaries
despair

Postby COGGY » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 pm

That being so, why do you defend someone who allows a tree in their garden to become a nuisance to their neighbours? How would you have felt with a large tree (like that pictured) overshadowing your garden?
COGGY

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Trees