Unknown tree?

Unknown tree?

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Does anyone know what this tree is? It has very long sharp thorns which you should be able to see in one of the close up photographs.

The guy who came to deliver some trees and plants wasn't sure what it was, so hopefully someone here will? :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Unknown tree?

Postby appledore » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi Will. I don't recognise that tree. Does it look like it's had blossom?

I thought you'd like to see the Verbenas we planted in the pots. Don't they look pretty> :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:45 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. I don't recognise that tree. Does it look like it's had blossom?

I thought you'd like to see the Verbenas we planted in the pots. Don't they look pretty> :D

Hi apples. It doesn't look like it has had blossom, we thought it might be some sort of apple tree but it doesn't have fruit. We just cannot find out what it is. It is very deadly, some of the thorns are huge!

Very pretty flowers. :) I love the steps, so cute to see flowers as you walk up and down. :D

Your garden looks really lovely in every photo you show. Is your garden on many levels?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:26 pm

I read that some blossom trees have spikes to protect the flowers, I bet Alan Titchmarsh would know what it is. I wonder if we can get him to join the forum. :lol:

Yes, our garden is on many levels, we're wishing it was a bit flatter then it would be easier to manage.

Is the weather still hot where you are? It's a lot cooler here thank goodness. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Ahhh Alan Titchmarsh would know! We need him here, there are no greater experts than dear old Titchy! :lol: :lol: I just realised how funny his name is. If you reverse it he is a marshtit...how did I not see that before? :oops: :mrgreen:

I like gardens on different levels, but I would imagine they are harder work. Our gorgeous little patch is just a bit uneven, probably due to all the tree roots. :lol:

I'm laughing now, but when we want to plant stuff we will have to dig through roots, it'll be hard work! :shock:

It is a lot cooler now, much nicer. I'm hoping for very heavy rain tomorrow to get our garden watered, the grass at the back looks thirsty as hell. We haven't eaten many meals inside in this weather, we have had lots of big salads outside, with a beer or a glass of wine, it has been lovely. We had a BBQ the other day, that was nice.

Last night we went for a loooonnnnggg walk. I had to explore other woodland walks and I wanted to do it with hubby so I wouldn't get lost on my own....we did get lost though and hubby was pooped! I loved it, could have walked all night. It was fresh and cool, loads of lovely walks around us...sooo pleased! :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi Will. We had a thunderstorm this morning, the rain was really heavy, but I don't know if it did much good. Our lawn's brown. Have you had rain yet? I used to cut the grass where we lived before, but we have lots of steps now and I can't get the mower up and down them.

Your garden sounds lovely, natural and woodland. I can picture both of you hacking your way through the tree roots. :lol:
I don't like to eat outside. I like to be inside sat at the table, and you know what I think about BBQs. :lol: As soon as I smell the fat hitting the coals my tummy starts to churn. I'd have to put a value bucket over my head to keep the smell out, and then how would I eat?

It sounds like you have some lovely walks where you live. You'll have to scatter bread like Hansel and Gretel then you'll be able to fine your way home. :D
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi apples. We had heavy rain this morning and some thunder, just wish it was a full blown over head storm. :D
Gorgeous full moon last night, it looked more like the sun.
The woodland walk is so lovely, here's a couple more piccies of it.
Ifyou can't carry the lawn mower up the steps, you could always get a couple of sheep, they would keep the grass short. :wink:

I'll scatter seeds on my walks and hope I come across all sorts of cuties on my way home. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:07 pm

We've had a couple of sheep in, the grass was just as long, but there was lots of doddle. :lol:
It looks a lovely place, we'll come and live next door. We saw a lovely house the other day, but there was a playing field out the back. Can you imagine me living beside a playing field. :lol: I'd end up murdering someone. :lol:

There aren't that many houses on the market when you start looking.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby despair » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Not a single clap of thunder and not a single drop of rain
30 water butts empty
Viftually no water pressure
And too much garden to water
despair

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Oh yes, I forgot about the stinky maltesers they drop! :lol:

:lol: :lol: No I definitely couldn't see you living the other side of a playing field, nor me. Our old house was close to one, some neighbours backed onto it. An absolute nightmare waiting to happen at our old estate. More houses being built nearby and it'll be teaming with kids all going to the playing field soon...I can see why many are trying to get out! :shock:

I think we had a lucky escape from that area, it was on the decline and it will fast get worse. They are also planning a playground to the back of the houses on our old street, it would be my worst nightmare to put up with that. I would prefer to be on a motorway or train track. :lol:

Are you still pondering the idea of moving?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:00 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Are you still pondering the idea of moving?

We love the garden, but hubby says it's getting to be a chore. We're having to pay people to do more and more, and it's getting expensive. Then they don't always come when they say they will, and they don't do things the same as we do.
We just seem to be going round in circles, one day we say we're moving and the next we say we're staying where we are.

We still need quite a bit of space as hubby works from home which means we can't downsize on the house, just the garden.
Then we might end up with a house that's too big as we get older and we'll have to move again. I'm trying not to get in a tizz about it, but really we don't know what to do.

It sounds like you had a lucky escape from where you were. That's the trouble it's fine when you move in and then everything changes, but I suppose that's life.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby Conveyancer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Reminds me of the conservation my driving instructor said he had with his wife:

Wife: I'm getting to old to manage the house.

Husband: We'll get some help in.

W. I'm not having strangers in the house.

H
: OK. We'll move to a smaller house.

W: That's it. Take away from me the house I bought my children up in.

There comes a time when you have to go for change.
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby appledore » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Conveyancer wrote:*

There comes a time when you have to go for change.

I think you're right, but there again........... :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:28 pm

http://hdwallpapers4desktop.com/thumbna ... 246146.jpg

Here's a house for you and Mr apples, the top is the work zone. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:48 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Here's a house for you and Mr apples, the top is the work zone. :)

That's a lovely house Will. The top of this house is the work zone. :D

I was just looking at your photos of the moon. I think there should be a witch flying by on a broomstick.

We had some rain last night, and a rumble of thunder a few minutes ago and a few drops of rain. The lawn's still brown. Have you had rain?

Despair, have you had any rain? We've just been watering the hanging baskets and pots. We don't grow veg so I think everything else will survive.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Trees