branches thrown over fence

branches thrown over fence

Postby follyfoot » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Yesterday our neighbour (from hell, sadly) started hacking off branches from our trees and threw them over the fence into our garden. I realise that he has the right to do this but should he not have warned us first? We get a tree surgeon every three years or so to deal with anything needing attention. The branches damaged a Japanese acer in a wooden tub and we now have to deal with the mess. Things are bad at the moment - I am awaiting surgery on both thumbs but I usually do most of the gardening. Our questions are, should he have let us know that he had a problem and should he have just offered the branches back rather than hurling them over the fence :(
follyfoot

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: branches thrown over fence

Postby despair » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:20 pm

Of course you neighbour should have had common courtesy to advise he was going to prune your trees and OFFER back the arisings
He certainly should not chuck them over but sadly that's what NFH do
Trees should be planted using the height and spread in 10 yrs info they should carry then there would be no trespass of neighbours space
despair

Postby katee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:22 am

No, your neighbour should not throw anything back over your fence,

However,

If your neighbour is as bad as you suggest then this is an act of aggravation and best ignored,

I think you are better to tidy up without retalliation and move on.

Do not get into petty arguments, it's not worth it.

Proper job my bewties................................................. Cheers 'n' gone!
katee

Postby appledore » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:24 pm

One of our neighbours decided to prune some of our trees last weekend. I know he was within his rights to do this, but he didn't have the courtesy to advise us that he was going to prune them.

He didn't throw them back, just spent most of the day burning them making it unpleasant for everyone near him.

I'm with Katee, just ignore him. The more he sees he's annoying you the more he'll do it.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby follyfoot » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Thank you for all your responses :) Yes, these neighbours have given us a lot of heartache since they moved in 12 years ago - we have dealt with the branches and will ignore yet another provocation.
follyfoot

Return to Trees