boundary hedge

boundary hedge

Postby follyfoot » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Sorry, me again :( Our house shares a short boundary hedge (front garden) with next door - a few years ago, next door decided to remove their half of the boundary hedge - we knew nothing about this until we got home from work :shock: However, we kept our side trimmed etc and next door did the same on their side - unfortunately, this year they decided not to bother, with the result that the hedge is listing badly over to their side and is overgrown. They are now demanding that WE sort the hedge out :roll: Do they not have some responsibility to remedy the situation in view of the fact they ripped out their side?
follyfoot

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: boundary hedge

Postby despair » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:24 pm

Not quite sure how anyone can rip out their side of a hedge
However from this and your other posting your neighbours clearly do not like any plants of yours that invade their space

The ideal world you and I would like simply does not exist and difficult neighbours do not change their spots

I suggest you either tidy up the hedge so you are happy or take it out altogether

Nothing you ever do is likely to please your neighbours so you either have to totally ignore their existence or ensure your plants stay within your boundaries
despair

Postby COGGY » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Is the hedge now totally in your garden?
COGGY

Postby follyfoot » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:39 pm

This hedge is a shared boundary hedge (with boundary wire running through the centre) - it has existed for over 50 years, cared for and trimmed by the various owners of the properties. These neighbours suddenly decided to rip out their half of the boundary hedge leaving us with half a hedge!! We did not plant this hedge BTW! We seem to have been left now with no alternative but to remove the hedge which has survived quite happily for 5 decades. I sometimes wonder why people buy houses with gardens at all :!:
follyfoot

Postby ukmicky » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Tell them they are entitled to cut it back to the boundary like before
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Return to Trees