Neighbour chopping down huge tree and we don't want them to.

Re: Neighbour chopping down huge tree and we don't want them

Postby shoppingnoodles » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Oh, fabulous news - the trees are saved. They are going to leave them just cut back as far as they have done already and not totally removed. I am sure that all the species that call it home would be very relieved.
As for planting a tree at the end of our garden to replace them, we gladly would. Except to grow a tree that big would probably take about 50 years and I have little doubt that I will be long dead by then. Hope you all have a smashing day.
shoppingnoodles

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 pm

shoppingnoodles wrote:As for planting a tree at the end of our garden to replace them, we gladly would. Except to grow a tree that big would probably take about 50 years and I have little doubt that I will be long dead by then. .

You shouldn't be planting trees just for yourself - but for future generations.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:38 pm

shoppingnoodles wrote:Oh, fabulous news - the trees are saved. They are going to leave them just cut back as far as they have done already and not totally removed. I am sure that all the species that call it home would be very relieved.
As for planting a tree at the end of our garden to replace them, we gladly would. Except to grow a tree that big would probably take about 50 years and I have little doubt that I will be long dead by then. Hope you all have a smashing day.

Good to hear your neighbours aren't as greedy as you first thought.

As for not planting a tree because you won't personally benefit, I think that is a rather selfish attitude to take and smacks of double-standards.

Kind regards, Mac
PS what 'trees' are saved - you consistently referred to a single tree up until now?
MacadamB53

Postby arsie » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:52 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:
shoppingnoodles wrote:Oh, fabulous news - the trees are saved. They are going to leave them just cut back as far as they have done already and not totally removed. I am sure that all the species that call it home would be very relieved.

Good to hear your neighbours aren't as greedy as you first thought.

As for not planting a tree because you won't personally benefit, I think that is a rather selfish attitude to take and smacks of double-standards.

Kind regards, Mac
PS what 'trees' are saved - you consistently referred to a single tree up until now?

Agree with Mac.
Greek proverb wrote:A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
arsie

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:15 am

Hi arsie,

I think that is a wonderful proverb.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby APC » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Got any pics of the tree?
APC

Previous