neighbour cutting tree down

neighbour cutting tree down

Postby sarahlee123 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi , I am new to this forum and any advice would be appreciated.

We live in a semi in a small close of 16 properties .The fronts are grassed to the pavement and are all open plan and have an apple blossom tree roughly at the centre point of each house which presumably are communal though admittedly its probably about 2ft bias onto their side. The neighbour had all the branches cut off to a 4ft stump which is all that remains.

My question is can this be allowed ? We were not told of any intention
This might seem petty but why cut down a perfectly tree ,just about to bloom for no reason. Not much we can do about it now but would be thankful for any advice .
Sarahlee.
sarahlee123

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: neighbour cutting tree down

Postby Mojisola » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 pm

If there isn't a protection order on the tree and it's in the neighbour's garden, they can do what they want with it.
Mojisola

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Sarahlee,

why do some folk wear their hats indoors?
why do some folk adopt a vegetarian diet?
why do some folk keep reptiles as pets?

life is a mystery...

if the tree has a Tree Preservation Order and your neighbour didn't obtain consent for the work then they've committed an illegal act and can be prosecuted by your local authority.

otherwise all is well.

Kind Regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Treeman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:22 am

sarahlee123 wrote:Hi , I am new to this forum and any advice would be appreciated.

We live in a semi in a small close of 16 properties .The fronts are grassed to the pavement and are all open plan and have an apple blossom tree roughly at the centre point of each house which presumably are communal though admittedly its probably about 2ft bias onto their side. The neighbour had all the branches cut off to a 4ft stump which is all that remains.

My question is can this be allowed ? We were not told of any intention
This might seem petty but why cut down a perfectly tree ,just about to bloom for no reason. Not much we can do about it now but would be thankful for any advice .
Sarahlee.

Don't presume, find out.
Treeman

Postby sarahlee123 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks Treeman ,your right and I shall.
sarahlee123

Return to Trees