Tree Vandalised and boundary issues

Re: Tree Vandalised and boundary issues

Postby Earth15288 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:23 pm

APC wrote:Get him to fund fell and removal of the whitebeam. It's buggered in all likelihood. Cutting any member of the Rosaceae family at this time of year is likely to result in some form of doom. You say that matey who cut it was a forestry worker, that cutting looks almost like a crap gob-cut. It's not even tidy. Plant a suitable replacement in your garden, well away from the boundary. Enjoy your new neighbours and forget the developer.

No I spoke to an ex forestry worker but he said he was not an expert on Whitebeams, The person who cut it was employed by the person who owns the house supposedly an arboriculturalist. The ledge was added to the original cut but then a groove was made for the stock wire to be put into and a bulk of the cut is in our garden and has no relationship to where the wire has been put. The property developer is actually planning in living in the house for a little while. The have purchased in his wife's name and obviously will want to avoid capital gains tax so sadly I cannot forget him for a while. Today a trench has been dug for his beech hedge with a digger so obviously roots of the whitebeam have been damaged. I doubt very much he will pay for it to be felled, can give it a go though. We have recently planted a number of new trees that are nowhere near his boundary. Today he and his worker were actually cutting branches off forestry trees , leave it for the weekend when no one is around. The cottages are actually in a woods owned by the forestry commission, they were originally built for their staff but sold off in the 80's. Cannot even enjoy the bluebells because of the piles of woodchip he has left plus they are not very good for the eco system. Thanks APC I assume you are in the tree industry

arborlad wrote:
That seems to mark one end of your boundary, what marks the other end?

7-8 metres there is no issue with that end
Earth15288

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby MacadamB53 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:08 am

Hi Earth,

I am concerned for the tree and I know it will not kill the tree but it will weaken it structurally, plus the tree cannot fill the chunk removed so could it be more prone to disease?

if it is your tree then get someone out to have a proper look and recommend what to do.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Earth15288 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:34 am

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi Earth,

I am concerned for the tree and I know it will not kill the tree but it will weaken it structurally, plus the tree cannot fill the chunk removed so could it be more prone to disease?

if it is your tree then get someone out to have a proper look and recommend what to do.

Kind regards, Mac

We have already decided to do this after the Bank holiday weekend but thanks Mac. Not sure how it cannot be our tree when now the new hedging is up and the whole thing is in our garden
Earth15288

Postby COGGY » Sun May 11, 2014 11:46 am

Hi

As I understand it you agreed with the property developer for the fence to be moved and this was put in writing. The fence was then moved further than had been agreed. If this is the case then have you put this in writing to the developer? If the developer has done this then he is not to be trusted and you need to treat him with care in the future. It is always best to maintain good neighbourly relations wherever possible, but this should not include being taken for a ride.

I appreciate that you do not wish to have a bad relationship with the developer, but if he has made an agreement and then broken it you would be within your rights to ask for the fence to be put where it was agreed. You do not want to do that but the developer must know that it is an option. Therefore you could, as suggested above, ask him to pay for removal of the tree, which is unlikely to survive, and for him to pay for a replacement tree, which you then plant in your own garden, out of his reach.

This suggestion needs to be put to him in writing, in a firm but friendly manner. Mac is extremely good at producing letters. :)

Kind regards
Coggy
COGGY

Postby Earth15288 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:07 am

We have now obtained opinions from 3 members of the Aboricultural Association and they all agree the tree has been structurally weakened (especially after a knee deep trench was dug at the base of the tree) and because of the lean on the tree it should be felled sooner rather than later. We have written to the property developer informing him of this and are awaiting a reply from him. We did give him a time line so hopefully we should get a reply soon otherwise we sill have to take further action, plus we have told him e hold him legally responsible for any damage if the tree should collapses whilst he is deciding what to do. He appears to have us on ignore at the moment when we come face to face with him . So far he has destroyed 300' of mature hedging and a couple of trees belonging to the neighbour the other side and our tree, really wonder why he moved to a woods and an area of natural outstanding beauty, plus there have been birds nests destroyed when felling trees in his own garden. Also worrying about 2 pairs of jackdaws which are nesting in chimneys which are due to be removed when his building work starts next month. Planning permission has only told him of the Wildlife and Countryside Act existence and he should check for nests , not that he will not be able to remove the stacks until the jackdaws have finished their breeding.
Fingers crossed we hear back from him shortly and the matter will be resolved amicably we really do not like all of the animosity which has been occurring over the last few months.
Thank you all for your comments
Earth15288

Previous

Return to Trees