Problem with large tree with TPO in Conservation Area

Re: Problem with large tree with TPO in Conservation Area

Postby blancy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:05 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:there are ones on the market specifically for your situation.

Ah that's good to know. I'll definitely look into them, thanks.

I'm not a hardcore gardener I admit, just a few days a season at most - which is one reason the needles are a pain as they take days to clear up. Not being much of a gardener I've not used mulches much (apart from the odd bit of compost) but a quick google shows there are biodegradable mulches (compost, wood chippings etc) and non-biodegradable ones (stone chippings, gravel etc.) Maybe the needles could be a new third kind, sitting somewhere between the existing two! Ugly though in my opinion and painful on the fingers, but I am heavily biased against them nowadays.

It could be worse - at least our council still provide green bins to aid the removal of the offending items. :)

thanks again
John
blancy

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Treeman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:36 pm

blancy wrote:One last thought / straw clutch :)

Would there be any case for the other tree being so ugly with its lop-sided-crown that it should not be classed as an amenity? (The fact that they are a pair was mentioned in the TPO application I believe so if one went the other could well follow)

John

Nope
Treeman

Postby blancy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:38 pm

OK thanks
blancy

Previous

Return to Trees