House purchase, TPO tree proximity

Re: House purchase, TPO tree proximity

Postby jdfi » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:48 am

Is the house otherwise perfect for you? Location/schools/commute to work?
jdfi

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: House purchase, TPO tree proximity

Postby arborlad » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:28 pm

verandi wrote:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/harm_of_will/Treephoto.png. You can just about see the step in the path on that photo too.

We went and measured yesterday, the tree is 4m from the front of the house. The step that it's created in the path is about 2-3 inches deep.

There is nothing in that photo that would prevent me from buying that house, but it's your money, not mine, so a competent surveyor should be consulted with specific reference of house - tree.

The path is fairly superficial and would almost be expected to break/raise at that point and would be a fairly cheap fix. I know it's hard not to, but trying to compare damage to a relatively weak path and your much more substantial foundations is not going to help.

The houses look mid 80s build and the tree much older, there's quite likely several other properties of a similar age with similar trees on the estate, worth having a look at those to see if there are any problems, which are most likely to show around the porch.

Is this in the South East?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Previous

Return to Trees