Unregistered land

Unregistered land

Postby lizchap64 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:50 pm

I have a piece of land behind my property which is apparently unregistered land, Wessex Water have drainage running through it but do not own the land. Land Registry say it is 'no man's land' and therefore no one responsible for it. There are trees on the land which are dying and rotting. A big trunk has rotted and snapped off and fallen into my garden and broken the fence. Luckily no one was injured. Council don't want to know. Is there anyone else I can turn to as cannot afford to have trees removed myself? Any sugggestions appreciated.
lizchap64

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Unregistered land

Postby span » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Take over the land yourself. Someone will soon make themselves known as the owner to stop you claiming acverse possession, then ask them to sort out their trees.
span

Postby jdfi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:41 pm

span wrote:Take over the land yourself. Someone will soon make themselves known as the owner to stop you claiming acverse possession, then ask them to sort out their trees.

Wow. Yes. Win win!
jdfi

Postby ukmicky » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:17 am

Hmmm

if you take over the land in an attempt to adverse posses it , whilst its in your control do you become responsible if the trees on it cause harm or damage to others . (That's a maybe)

But would you have the right before you AP claim is approved to cut down or work on the trees (that's a maybe not)

To the OP, there is no such thing as no mans land, all land is owned by someone.
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby TO » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:38 am

Hi

The Crown owns all the land in the country.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1976/57/contents

Check s23.

TO
TO

Postby arsie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:38 am

So, ask the Queen to sort her trees out ;)
arsie

Postby TO » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:18 pm

arsie wrote:So, ask the Queen to sort her trees out
I think that you will find that she has passed the buck to the freeholder/tennant/leasee or whoever.
TO

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Trees