Hawthorn Leaf Blight

Hawthorn Leaf Blight

Postby Collaborate » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:25 am

Hi. Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place. This is more a gardening query than a legal one.

We have a TPO Hawthorn in our back garden. It is suffering a form of leaf blight. Leaves start to drop at the end of July, and are nearly all gone by the end of August.

I will try and post later a photo of one of the leaves.

The tree is at the edge of our garden, so nearly half the canopy is above our neighbour's garden.

Does anyone know of a suitable fungicide I could use? It's a large tree (as tall as the house), so I wouldn't be able to spray the top of the canopy (to be honest anything much above head height is going to be a struggle).

I appreciate one of the alternatives is taking up all the leaves now. Might also give that a go too.
Collaborate

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Hawthorn Leaf Blight

Postby Roblewis » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:42 am

You really need to talk to your LA Tree Officer as they will be wanting to help in such a situation.
Roblewis

Postby Collaborate » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:02 pm

I have found them helpful in the past, so will try them Monday.
Collaborate

Postby Collaborate » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Just an update. My local tree officer has been extremely helpful. I sent him photos of the tree yesterday and he emailed today to confirm leaf blight and recommended treatments. sometimes having a tree TPO'd works in your favour!
Collaborate

Return to Trees