Neighbour dispute - trees

Neighbour dispute - trees

Postby lisagirly » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:43 pm

we've had ongoing dispute with our neighbour about putting up a fence (we own the boundary). Whilst we were away on holiday, they have put up a 6ft fence in their garden right along the wire fenceline of our garden and because they done that, they also cut our trees and shrubs right back to our boundary line. I am p'd off but I know that legally, they have done nothing wrong. They did send us a letter saying they were going to do this (covering their arses no doubt) but it was posted through a letter box dated 1 day before the work (and we were on holiday so didnt see it). There was also a second letter dated the day of the actual work offering us our branches and cuttings back (again they must've researched and followed the letter of the law here). However we were on holiday and didnt see it and so couldn't respond again. It has all been chucked in our garden!
Where do we stand in that they have done everything they should (except they seem to conveniently do it whilst we were away) ? I know that they will argue that they sent the letters but what is the law in result of no response?
lisagirly

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Neighbour dispute - trees

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi lisagirly,

what response did you want to give?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby lisagirly » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi, we would have said we didn't want them, its mainly shrub cuttings, and small branches from our tree, cant really do anything with them! from what I've read is most people would say they didn't want the cuttings
lisagirly

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi lisagirly,

okay.

has the act of throwing the cuttings caused any damage?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby lisagirly » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:58 pm

no damage, just annoying they have done something to plants growing on our land to suit them and we're being expected to clear it up!
lisagirly

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:04 pm

lisagirly wrote:no damage, just annoying they have done something to plants growing on our land to suit them and we're being expected to clear it up!
that sums up the situation - time to sigh, roll your eyes, and move on.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Return to Trees