Trees on Plans

Trees on Plans

Postby Katerina488 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi,

I purchased a new build property in 2014 and when all the paperwork arrived the tree in the garden, a small newly planted tree, appeared on the plans. The property is a row of 4 and all gardens have an identical tree in the same place. My question, if the tree appears on the plans of the property, am I allowed to move or remove it?

Thanks in advance,
Katerina
Katerina488

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Trees on Plans

Postby Collaborate » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Why wouldn't you be allowed?

You can do what you want with it provided it's not subject to a Tree Preservation Order.
Collaborate

Postby arborlad » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Katerina488 wrote:Hi,

I purchased a new build property in 2014 and when all the paperwork arrived the tree in the garden, a small newly planted tree, appeared on the plans. The property is a row of 4 and all gardens have an identical tree in the same place. My question, if the tree appears on the plans of the property, am I allowed to move or remove it?

Thanks in advance,
Katerina

Front or back garden?............presumably front, apart from the plan, are the trees mentioned in any of the documents, it could have been a planning requirement that 4 trees were planted to replace 4 trees that were felled to allow the development to go ahead.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby mr sheen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:55 pm

Developers generally don't spend money unnecessarily on landscaping, esp trees that can be expensive, if they don't have to.
So the chances are the trees were a requirement of the planning permission and should have been shown as part of the landscape plan on plans that your solicitor had and should have shown you. Also the tree may have been made the subject of a covenant between you and the developer in order to ensure that the developer is not chased up for contravening planning at a later date. If so, you may have agreed to retain it for a certain length of time.
You need to check the plans for the development that are usually online at your local authority website, and/or ask your solicitor for copies of the plans and covenants.
mr sheen

Postby Katerina488 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:15 pm

All,

Thanks so far for all your help. I will check the documents I have at home. The tree is in the back garden. I guess more specifically, can I move it from it's current location? I assume there are all sorts of rulings stating that it has to be a certain distance from the house?

Thank you all so much :o)
Katerina
Katerina488

Return to Trees